So, I think I just stumbled upon something very interesting in the world of LED light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by light green, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ThinkGeek :: EarthLED Light Bulbs

Bulb
    Details
    EvoLux S
    13W Consumption, 100W incandescent light output (900 Lumens) Our brightest bulb!
    Super Bulb
    5W Consumption, 75W incandescent light output (400 Lumens)
    Bright Star
    10W Consumption, 75W directional incandescent light output (400 Lumens)
    Starlight
    9.5W Consumption, 60W incandescent light output. Usable as an outdoor floodlamp (250 Lumens)
    Super Spotlight
    12W Consumption, 150W incandescent light output (660 Lumens)

would these work for growing at all? if they do i'm thinking of ordering one to add to my cfls.

2. The amount of money you will spend on those cute things you might as well buy a proven LED

The GlowPanel 45 LED Grow Light - led grow lights -Sunshine Systems

from what I have seen in person, they talk up the flowering abilities of these things. I have not personally seen them on cannabis though, just tomatoes and peppers. I saw this light grow four tomato plants well over 5 feet tall. seriously lacked once flowering began though. Might do better with a whole shitload of em.

3. on that website you sent me it's compared to a 250w hps, and that's not too much light in the first place. i have 212 watts of cfl on two plants and i'm about to switch cabs for flowering and i want to add one of these LEDs for the flowering aspect as well as the cfls.

4. They lie, no way that will compare to a 250 for flowering. Doesn't mean it doesn't work though. LEDs do pretty amazing things as far as vegetative growth is concerned. I ordered that light and should have it by the end of the week. If it works out I will convert my veg tent to LEDs.

5. Key to buds is the right amount of stress. LEDs tend to be on the less stress side making the plants too comfortable. We are recomending cooler night temps more like in nature to make sure the plant know that its time to flower. After you figure that out you just need to make sure you limit the rest of your costs. How expensive is the tomato you are growing? That number comes from electricity, Nutrients, and mostly your time.

Bob