So I started making knives

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by SkunkWoodz, Aug 3, 2011.

1. They are knives.

2. If you ever go to prison your skills will not be wasted. You will have a long long line of customers.

3. lol lets all get along before someone gets stabbed.

Apu, I make tools and art, not weapons. Sure you can use them as weapons, and they'll do damn good too, but I am 100% non violence. I would stop making knives all together if they were used to hurt another human.

PS, make that 99.9% non violent, i keep the "menacer" around for the zombie apocalypse. perfect zombie hacking tool

4. Not sure what you mean? I never said they were made to do harm...

5. you referred to prison and violence in your post a few times, though you were never specifically talking about his knives

6. You referred to prison aswell, I did not assume you were trying to hurt people...lol

7. #67 fenix420, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    No, I referred shanks to prison, not his knives. Remember? OP said his knives weren't intended for violence.

When you were categorizing "shanks", you mentioned prison multiple times.

Pork chop shank=kill a man. Toothbrush shank=dig a hole

8. And do you see him with any pork chops or toothbrush's? You were making an example to prove your point exactly the same as me

9. in the process, I think you proved my point for me

10. OOPS! I misunderstood. I re-read your post I was referring to, and looks like you were talking about prisoners having the resources to make any weapon.

I understood that first as, any weapon I've made so far a prisoner could re create within the walls.

11. And in the process the knife(Or shank so you don't try troll wordplay) maker himself proved his point under you. Irony's a bitch hay

12. lol what?

How does OP's last post detract anything that I said?

13. Because you are saying or at least implying I am wrong, OP is agreeing with me. Its his weapons he would know better

14. The only thing he did is acknowledge that prisoners have the time and resources to make nearly any weapon. I don't see how this changes anything between our knife/shank discussion.

I'm not hijacking OPs thread anymore. If you want to continue it, pm me.

15. No OP proved me right I am fine

16. #76 SkunkWoodz, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    I gotta share the mini knife even though it's 90% done. I'm just diggin this thing too much, haha I love it. The tracker knife is going slow for the most part. Still shaping the sharp concave egdes. And got another that's cut out of an ice skate. Not sure on the type of metal but it's definetly higher quality steel that the mini knife and tracker are made from. Not quite as good as the whittling knife I'm afraid, but still should be awesome. Totally cool free hand design, without a single curve.

17. #77 SkunkWoodz, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    ha forgot pics.

Mini Bowie. Ended up with a bubinga handle after the leopordwood and then black palm broke, ha yeah tiny handles and fragile wood do not mix well.

Here it is with it's other inspiration
    [​IMG]

3rd and final handle, damn pins would break the wood because the holes weren't super perfectly aligned.
    [​IMG]

File work goes all the way around the spine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. can I get one sent to this address?

San Quentin State Prison
    San Quentin, CA 94974

I can pay you in cigarettes and shampoo.

19. preference on shape? pokiest one?

20. Now, I'm no blacksmith but I am a bit of an artist and I used to love drawing up knives and stuff. If you want, I could post up some old designs I've done. Just to see if you like any of them. Maybe you could derive some inspiration for your next one :smoke: