So I recieved a letter today from my Congressman

Discussion in 'General' started by jellybeansryummy, May 27, 2008.

1. Some of you will remember a while back in was posted here that there is current legislation in the House of Representatives to consider legalizing medical marijuana and decriminilization (two different pieces of legislature, though)

Well I sent a letter to my congressman and this is what recieved today. I dunno what to even say about it.
    Maybe, I guess, I know who won't be getting my vote next time.

[​IMG]

**It's a form letter too, my gf sent one as well and got the same exact response....with her name spelled wrong though..so you know atleast someone typed that in lol

2. Hmm i dont have a detailed response, but glad to see you at least got a reply, some people dont even get that. A good one too.
    Do you have a copy of the letter you sent?

3. The "and the perils of drug related crime" had me rolling. Guess someone has their eyes closed as to the effects of prohibition. You want to save your kids from drug addiction and drug related crime? Legalize and properly teach your kids the dangers/benefits, and side effects of drugs instead of this DARE bullshit that thinks that because you tell a kid not to do drugs, they wont and never teaches kids about responsibility when it comes to them.

4. Why don't you respond to his letter along the lines with what foop said?
    That would be an interesting twist, maybe then you would get a few less "automated" answers.

5. Laws don't protect kids from "the perils of addiction and drug-related crime".

We lie to our kids about drugs, to scare them away, then when they actually encounter the drugs, they don't know how to use them responsibly.
    We need to educate kids about proper use, not about strict prohibition.

6. nice..i see he responded personally....at lest he respond even that way.. i dont know ur politicians but generally getting a politician to answer you pesonally especially on this subject is really rare...

so dont expect someone to answer personally..

uuhh proper use of drugs should be a lesson at schools....if only...

7. He did not respond personally. Politicians all have aids that write their shit for them because politicians are "too busy and important" to actually put words on paper. Like JC said, this is just a ledger response that probably everyone gets back.

8. "I also do not feel that states should vote on a medical marijuana policy which would override the federal rule that was upheld by the Supreme Court."

Ridiculous. That is so far beyond the federal government's jurisdiction. Congressmen are supposed to be working for the interest of their states.:mad:

9. Its a lot more open minded than some of the other responses I've seen.

10. My ex-GF used to be an intern for a senator and trust me, they don't write anything. Even the personalized letters, she wrote some of them, the bigger ones were handled by the hired assistants. The Senator did... nothing but pictures and flying back and forth to D.C. every single week...

11. Writing to your Congressman? Does that ever work?

12. hahaha medical marijuana, Id rather just have it decriminalized, give me a fine if you catch me with some, I'll pay it.

13. At least his response seemed open minded. That or hes just another good politician ;)

14. At the bottom you guys see where it says TEP:il...that means that il is ther person that actually typed up that response, mr. congressman was too busy to do it himself.

15. Government sucks.

16. It's just straight BS. The congressman obviously cares very little about the opinion of others in the state, thats why he wont even read and respond personally to a letter from an individual. Politics in general seem like a way to force others to obey the personal views of the rich scum. :mad:
    That really sucks man

17. i was being ironic...??.:pread my post again...
    goodmorning by the way..:wave:

18. Word...

19. Heh...this used to be like my number one job when I was an intern at the Massachusetts State House. You wouldn't believe how many times I'd have to revise and rewrite a single letter just to get the language 'just right.'

20. Ah, owned.