So I lost 45 pounds...No exercise.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Feel Good Inc, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Little back history....
    Pretty much my whole adolescent and adult life I've been overweight.
    I'm 27 now, and about 8 months ago i decided to cut all the crap out of my diet.
    I would drink 2-4 x-large dunkin donuts coffee's a day...light and sweet! {FACEPALM}
    First I cut all the sugar out, and now pretty much only have a small coffee or espresso in the morning, any more than 1 cup i start getting caffeine headaches.

I also cut out fast food entirely.
    In the picture on the left is before the change in my diet(245lbs)...on the right 45lbs lighter.
    The funny thing is when I made the change to my diet is right around when I started to really toke daily.
    Right now Im about a 35 waist, down from a 38.
    I'll update and log any future weight loss with pictures.
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

• 1st.jpg
      1st.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
  2. great work sir. See how important a good diet it. Why not hit the gym?

3. hit the gym and start sculping those guns!!!!

4. Well I work alot. My work day usually starts at 6am...leave my shop around 8 or 9 pm.
    By the time I get home I'm exausted. After a hour my back starts to go in freak out mode(back spasms and persistant knots, tendonitis from past rotator cuff injury), followed up by miss Jane:smoke: to iron it out. Then shower and usually sleep...times that by 6 or 7 days a week. Btw I'm a machinist, always moving around and some weeks heavy lifting when I'm putting some crazy huge things together (think TONS...like 80 lol)

5. good work, but no excuses. Hit the gym homie :)

6. great work, a lot of effort, maybe not physically but mind controll. basically you stopped eating everything that is good in life. I prefer to eat balanced and hit the gym.

7. but hat DID you eat?

8. Honestly i started to eat alot of oatmeal...btw oatmeal cooked with some milk and water, tablespoon of agave necter (lower glycemic index than sugar...my father is a diabetic) and some banannas...awsome breakfast and dinner when you :smoke:.

I also eat everything whole wheat when I can. No more soda or iced tea...I would drink iced tea by the case!. :eek:

9. Nice man...have you been on here before? I feel like ive seen that avatar before...

But keep up the good work. You've experienced the bottom already, keep going up.

10. #10 Feel Good Inc, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    Thanks everyone...I think being active wasnt my problem, it was all the shit I ate.

Nah I'm new here, just a big Red and Meth fan.

Forgot to mention I started to eat alot of sushi. Didnt really like it before but got to really like it, with some pretty awesome sushi places near me it works.

11. dang man congratulations. i am trying to do the same thing.

so 8 months, no fast food and eating healthy? Do you ever plan to hit up McDonalds or something similar again?

do you feel 45 pounds lighter? is it easier to move? impressive

12. After finally watching Super Size Me, and just overall feeling better, I still have no desire for any fast food. Most Ill do is Subway.
    After loosing the weight, I have alot less aches in the morning.
    One thing I didnt see coming is haveing to buy ALL NEW CLOTHES!@!!
    Ive been a 38 waist for years...over 10. And all my shirts where a minimum XL and XXL.
    Im now a 34-35 waist and Large tee shirts now fit.

13. Good shit dude. Keep it up. Your job sounds like a pretty intense workout in itself. I bet once you get down to about 10% body fat you'll be looking pretty seriously ripped.

14. #14 MEGYJANE, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    That's awsome! I bet you feel a lot better now too.

It's funny how people often think they can eat whatever they want and if they go and work out, weight will be lost. Losing weight and keeping it off is more about changing eating habits than killing yourself in the gym (although exercise is important as well).

Now start some pull ups, sit ups and you will be good to go.

15. Congrats homie!
    I did the same thing. Went from eating horribly and almost zero working out. Cut fast food and eating out, and started back in the workforce full time. I lost about 35lbs in a few months. Then after starting a more healthy diet and adding working out it took me down from the original 250 before everything down to 170 now.
    Keep it up! :D

16. #16 Feel Good Inc, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Latest pic...Ive officially have been under 200lbs for almost 2 weeks...
    Current: 194lbs
    [​IMG]

17. damn broham. Many props sir.

18. Congrats, man. Breaking 200 lbs was a terrific feeling (started 240-->178 now). Have you started excersizing yet or stil just relying on diet alone?

19. This has all been strictly diet, but I'm active all day.

20. I drank diet soda my whole life and was always a little chubby, but I completely stopped drinking soda or any kind of soft drink, I drink about half a gallon to a gallon a water a day, at least 4 cups of milk, 4 servings of fruits and vegtables everyday and now I'm skinny and just bought a new gym membership :)