Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So... I just saw a meteor for the first time.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr.NiceGuy, Dec 23, 2006.

1. So... i get done at lifetime and head over to my friends house. We smoke 2 bowls of some dank and go out for a cig. We live in Michgian and it is a pretty clear night tonight, my friend took astronomy and was telling me about Orion's Belt while we were both looking in the sky a meteor out of know where comes flying in the sky (It looked like a fire ball zooming through the sky for about 6 secs) then it overheated and burnt it self out before hitting earth. It was an amazing sight. only for about 6 secs though.

2. EIther you're one lucky dude...or that shit was a little danker than you thought

3. I remember 4-5 years ago when we got that huge meteor shower, but it was suppossed to happen in the middle of the night. Me and my friends stayed up all night, and walked out into a field to watch it. Green streaks all across the sky, it was amazing.

4. Do you live in Smallville, Kansas?

5. I was just joking :p

6. They are amazing to witness. :smoking:

7. mark your calendar for august 12. that's when you can see the perseid meteor shower. it averages 1 meteor per minute, usually more at some point. my astronomy professor proposed to his wife the first time they saw the perseids together, and now they don't celebrate their anniversary until they see the first perseid meteor of the year.

8. i'll remeber that.

9. I saw one a month ago..i like freaked out and called people and shit haha

its pretty amazing

10. The leonids did just happen, and they are not a rare occourance either, they do happen quite frequently. The leonids produce that spectacular green though.

11. Actually they arent that uncommon up here, you just have to be looking up at the right time. Ive seen a few in my life.

12. i think i have seen a few meteorites, i know for sure i have seen one cuz my friend saw it iwth me. it was by far the most beautiful thing ever. we were playing manhunt and while walking down the street searching for people this bright ass thing in the sky flew RIGHT over my head. it seemed so close. but thats the only meteor i admit to seeing cuz i had a witness and when i see one and only i see it i question if it was one or not.

13. I see them every so often here in Florida. I've never been high when I saw one though, but one time me and my friends were drinking outside and one was so close it lit everything up green and you could hear it flying through the air as it went by. It was awesome.

14. yeah! i saw one before,
    it was extremly close too because it was huge (for a meteor)
    it lasted like 4 secs and was super bright
    they're pretty cool