So I just had a weird / Awkward experience yesterday.

Discussion in 'General' started by Starlore, Dec 15, 2008.

1. So I work at home depot, for the first time in I don't know how long, we're actually busy and I'm on the register. When we get to the point where were this busy, I rarely even look up at the customer. I just ask them if they found everything and ring up as fast as possible.

As with all stores, near the counter we have useless small crap that people always buy at the last second, and in our counters we have 'hand warmers' and 'foot warmers'. The lady I was ringing out said something to the guy she was with about how they work wonders at the shooting range, so when you're not shooting you can keep your hands warm.

I, still having not looked up, started talking to them about shooting - as I do a fair bit of it myself, told her my gun was a Sig Sauer P226 chambered in 9mm. She said 'that's all you need! and it's what were issued.'

At first I was like, issued a gun? (i was pretty stoned and haven't caught on they were cops yet). I mentioned something about ammo prices shooting up because of the costs of metal, and how 9mm ammo has almost doubled in the past year or so.

She said 'you should come work for the sheriffs department, we don't have to pay for our ammo'. At this point I looked up at her and I said, 'you work the sheriffs department in __________ county?'

She paused for a moment and than said yes...

I'm like, 'last year if I remember correctly, you had a ponytail, but you arrested me for driving on a suspended license. You still think I could get that job at the sheriffs department?' LOL i Started laughing. I guess she didn't recognize me at first because my tatts were covered up and my piercings were out because I was at work, but after I said that she quickly remembered who I was and took back her remark on the sheriffs department job.

Kind of funny though, me having a conversation like that without looking up to even see who they are until after I've already given out too much information. I'm sure she feels a lot better though knowing there are responsible gun owners like myself out there. :rolleyes:. ( I really am a responsible gun owner ).

I hope this doesn't break the rule about speaking of firearms, as I was just sharing my experience. If it is verging on breaking the rules let me know and I'll delete my thread.

2. Couldn't expect any less from a fraking cop:rolleyes:

3. Man that would be pretty strange. How is it working at home depot by the way. I applied there for a second job like a week ago.

4. In your shozes I would be like LOOK!! *point my finnger the opposite direction* And as she looks around, I would ring up hundreds of dollars of items while she would still be like " I don't see it"
    "Just keep looking" I would say as I bring the total higher and higher.
    Sorry if that didnt make snese. I am little high here.

5. It's an alright part time job I guess. Not real exciting. I just work there because they give me off whenever I want for school. The pay isnt great but it's not bad either.

It made sense, but there are other options, as I think they would have noticed their bill at more than double what they expected ;). Instead, I gave them all but one bag. It was an accident at first, but I was pleased with myself afterwords. They didn't realize till they went home, so they had to call and make sure we had it - so they could come tomorrow and pick it up. I tried going out to the parking lot - they were already gone... So I don't feel bad. Kind of brought a smile to my face honestly. Knowing they'll have to make another trip out. lmao.

Faded I am.

6. True that. But I would love to not have to pay for ammo when I go out shooting. With metal and copper prices what they are today ammo is so expensive. It's even worth reloading 9mm shells anymore with the price of ammo almost doubling in just the past year. It's pretty bad that it's worth reloading the cheapest and most readily available ammo aside from .22.

If you shoot a lot that is, anyways. If you don't shoot a lot I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

7. I've thought about working at Home Depot but I'm such a priss I don't know how well I would do with all the dirt and dust. lol :rolleyes: