Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

so i have some kief

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by halotechy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. i have a grinder with a screen right below the rungs,
    after about an 0 im ready to use
    now i am vexed with the question
    what to make?
    id really like to compress it into the smallest most compacted little shit i can get it to be.
    ideas as to how?

2. #2 iMaven, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    use a hammer.
    haha j/k.
    use the side of a meat beater and apply alot of pressure on weed before and after breaking it up:smoke:

3. the best thing to do is to roll it up in some papers as tight as you can. then quickly run a lighter back and forth through the keif joint. it will compress it into a real nice kinda hash. make sure not to burn it. the end results are awesome. or you can just spread the keif on a blunt.

4. if you only have a smallish amount then dont bother pressing it - it will just look like a depressingly small amount of hash

sprinkle it on your bud when you bong it or in your spliff

if you really want to press it and you dont have a proper press then you can try the shoe method where you put it between a cigarette paper, put it in a small baggie and then pop it in your shoe under your heel - then go for a walk - i'm not sure if you have to add a drop off water as well

i've never tried this method but i've read plenty of times that it works - there's a thread on this forum somewhere about how to do it

5. Yes, this method of pressing is called shoe hash. You put your kief into a small ziplock bag, or even the cellophane from a cigarette box, and put 2-3 drops of water. Seal the bag and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds or less (you want it to have a kind of gooey consistency). Then just pop it in your shoe and go for a walk. The finished product should have a hard consistency, and a sort of glassy texture and look to it.

6. I got some mids for 180 a oz.
    Trying this with about a gram of kief
    from a 4 piece grinder.

This seems better then other hammer and Noob methods for me.
    It smelled so go when it came out of the microwave!

Cheers.

7. ya dude just pack a litle in the bowl and load the rest with keef i just did im stoned as hell.

8. You should get a pill bottle, like the ones that carry prescriptions, and use the bottom of a sharpie or something to pack it down. It sure is a lot of keef once you fill a pill bottle to the top.

9. i could never save it long enough to do that lol

mine comes and goes reeeeal quick

10. I pretty much do it like this guy, but I work with larger amounts of kief than what you have. For small amounts I'd just sprinkle it on buds and smoke it. Why bother compressing it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6WW2gzwJc"]Hash Making[/ame]

11. ^^ love that video - his voice is so chill

12. It's hard not to be chill when you're smokin' the good stuff that you grew yourself, and sifting kief in mounds to make hash :D

13. what i would do is take something thats ment for compressing or holding something with a stronge bond. using a plastic bag from candy or something like that could work. there really strong. put your kief at the bottom and work it into the center of the bag. now lift the rest of the bag up making the kief stay in that one part in the little circle thats starting to form. now twist the bag as close and as tight as possible. wraping rubber bands around the twist also (grabbing from the kief end and twist is a good method) now keep twisting, you should have a smell ball forming when it gets more compact. keep doing this until you cant anymore and BAM you got some hash.