So I have a Dro seed.....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LS1KILR, Oct 18, 2007.

1. just wanted to stop by and launch my opinion on the cloud of misconception surrounding the word 'dro'.

i try extremely hard to remain tolerant and impartial on these boards, but even i have trouble seeing people type the word. it just so happens that uttering 'dro' is a sign that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, but that doesn't bother me- all of us start out ignorant. what bothers me is the half of them that refuse to accept the truth... i.e. refuse to accept the reality that it doesn't exist, and that they have simply been confused by pop culture.

if 15 some odd experienced growers are telling you it doesn't exist....

IT DOESN'T EXIST.

thank you for giving me this opportunity to vent. everyone have a nice day.

2. Me too, i have a friend who is like yea dude i got some killer droooooo... I hate hate hate that word, it sounds so retarded! Dro don't mean shit people! What don't you get?! (not to the op or anything, mostly aimed towards my friend who Sadly has smoked himself mentally fucking retarded and is driving me nutz! you can't even talk to the damn kid anymore, he is just like whhhhaat? and he is white, but tries to act black, and all gangsta and wears shorts that are so fucking long they are 2" from his ankles, its like wtf are those? fuck you kid! (once aagian not you o.p)

-Dave

3. There is a strain I smoked in Amsterdam developed by reeferman that is called dro. I thought they were wrong to, but it a cross between chronic and something else

4. i smoked it too, cross between chronic and dro, chrondro it's called.

this thread just keeps getting better.

5. dude if i was you i would save up about $100 that not to hard and wat i would do is very very simple build your own hydroponic system its so easy to do all you need is

*1 sumbmersuble pump
    *2 net pots (small size) (Larger size)
    *rock wool (get little plugs to start then get some big blocks that u then can put the plugs in the square
    *1 rubbermaid contaniers
    *1 rubber maid lid (make sure it fits the container)
    *and the right sized sergon tubing/fuel line (depends on your pump output hole)
    *1 digital timers
    *Gravel
    Instructions:
    cut a hole big enough for the net pot then simply add another hole any were you want for your tubing and power cord the put your pump on the bottom of your container attach the tubing from your pump and run it up to your plant then take the power cord and plug it into the timer set the timer to water your plants once every 12 hours (start 1:00am end 1:05am) then another from (1:00pm to 1:05pm) plug the timer into any outlet stand back and watch it grow
    **********That your basic hydroponic system now all you need to save for are light fixtures, i recommen for 1 plant a 95 watt CFL with a $70 hydrofarm reflector********

6. twats who think because its [hy]dro think it's the shit. Man the way i figure it the only reason it's so kickass is because the people care enough about their plants to get quality strains and take proper care of their plants because "dro" requires a lot of maintenance and care.

It's all about genetics and care.

7. yeah but the yield you get with hydro puts soil to shame

8. not in every sense...stop making stupid statements.

9. Yields can be very similiar in soil and hydro.. typically hydro setups just grow faster.

Neither technique is better than the other, just different strokes.

And as far as calling your seed "dro", common label for good/high quality bud, like beasters, or headies.

10. haha :D

i wonder what a forum fight would be like. :D

cupcheck dude, you gonna take that crap? :devious:

11. I don't think anyone has anwered this kids question instead you've been just bitching about the word DRO. Calm down children no need to blown your steam out on this guy just for saying something he heard himself, it's not like he new that and was trying to piss you guys off.

Yes it is possible, infact alot of people do it, to grow in an apartment at college. Just start reading and plese learn alot about this hobby before starting.

12. take it like a biatch

13. not true. i grow soil w/organic nutes and get better yields than 80% of the hydro grows i see on this site. it just takes alot longer to get to that point than with hydro, more experience and finesse required. the reason hydro appeals more than soil isn't as much due to total yield potential as an increase in yield per unit difficulty (note that difficulty does not necessarily translate to amount of labor, but to knowledge/critical thinking required). i can pull 7 Os per plant in both soil and hydro, but it took me 2 years to do it in soil, vs. 3 months in hydro. the reason being that in hydro, all you need is a good system and and the ability to follow instructions to get a solid yield right off the bat, while in soil you really need to know your stuff.

i know what you're thinking. in the end, even if you could get those results in soil, why
    even try if hydro is so much easier?

a) because organic soil nutes make for the richest, most flavorful and aromatic bud on the planet b) organic nutes are cheaper c)organic nutes don't have that hair-trigger nute burn threshold, and d) i don't have to pay the money to run pumps. in the end, compared to most hydro grows, the slightly smaller yields i might get from soil are made up for by the money i save on electricity and nutrients, and i get a product more appealing to the palate.

14. and P.S., NJ toker is right. i feel like a doosh.

to the new grower- in your situation, stealth is of the utmost importance. research the crap out of controlling your light, heat and smell. also, research low odor strains.

above all you'll want a solid carbon filter, and a light small enough to where you can cool it with a relatively small, and thus quiet, fan. i recomend making yourself a stealthbox (instructions on how to make em are everywhere on these boards, just search) and putting a lock on it.

oh yeah, and DON'T TELL ANYONE EVER.

there, my conscience is satisfied.

15. ive seen quite a few side by side. and honestly cant tell the difference.

only things i'd comment on are already stated.

hydro is much faster and produces a little more (mostly due to increased root volume)

hydro CAN burn faster, but thats because everything is faster, you can also recover faster. so it all pans out. anyway, nute burns dont decrease yeild that much (ive got a toasted grow going right now to prove it, lol )

soil plants are great for taking pictures of and having a nice relaxed grow.

as for aromatic, i cant tell the diff honestly.

16. read the CFL guides on here and other stuff on here. if your smart, you can get a good grow setup going without spending a lot of cash. i mean, some people around here are spending hundreds of dollars, but if your tryin to only grow one plant (like me) you can easily get a cost efficient grow going. i encourage you to test out your green thumb, its fun as hell

17. oh man I totally forgot about this thread. I thought it had died off like a month ago and I come on today and discover many posts! Thanks for the responses. I can take some critisizm about the usage of the word "dro". This is all fairly new to me. Where I grew up at, everyone calls hydroponically grown weed as "dro". Most soil plants are distinguished between as "mids" or "reg". Reg is really crappy weed. Doesnt even smell good and probably has many many seeds. If the soil plant is really good quality, then it is called "baby dro". I know it may sound dumb to others not from around here, but those are the general terms that are used where live. Plus, I just dont have much experience with alot of the terms that are used on these forums because I havent really been around very long. All I know is that there is a shit ton of information on here that ive been reading up on.

In my apartment I have started the grow. i have one bubble bucket hydro setup and one soil. I just planted them yesterday and hopefully they will sprout tomorrow or the next day. I am building a grow room for them in my closet. Hopefully I can yield about 6 ounces or so off this one hydro plant so i can smoke for free till the next one is ready to be harvested.:smoking: