So I got ran over by a van...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pocket biscuits, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ALMOST. Had to think of a good title, right? Come on, don't stop reading just cus I lied to you.
    Well as I was walking across the street with my bike, I just thought I was allowed to do that since it said I could cross and there was clearly a red light for the van. But NO it had to continue at 45 mph. I still do feel stupid though, I was actually looking the other way, I assumed it would stop. Then the full sized tan van was within 7 feet of me at 45 an hour when I realized it didn't stop at the light and my instincts simply did what they were supposed to do. I dropped my $400 hardtail mountain bike that is dearer to me than any girl has been, and I fucking hot stepped it out of the way of my oncoming Bestower of Paralysis. That is what I name crazy ass drivers as of right now. I guess Bestower of Death works too, but that's so cliche.

The van CRUNCHED my bike. The back wheel was warped in a way I never pondered bike wheels warping, and my gears were so mutilated they might as well have gone through a diamond bladed blender. Dude drives away, I'm too in the moment to remember to get this guy's plates. So there goes that bike.

Luckily, situations allowed for me to get a new and much better of a mountain bike though! I would say what kind of bike and all but I'm freaking sketch you guys know that haha.

2. Sorry about the bike, but I guess it came out alright in the end, you got a better bike and you weren't run over!

3. was it one of those lights with the camera's on it? maybe the red-light ticket cam got the guy on tape, contact the police and file a report and maybe you'll be compensated

4. damn dude that fucking sucks. too bad you didnt get his plates or anything but at least you didnt get hit. id trade 400 dollars for my life anyday.. still sucks tho

5. nope, it was a normal stoplight. i cross that street nearly every single day. and unfortunately stolen or damaged bikes are treated like a joke by the cops in our town. Anyone could steal a bike from the chief of police and nothing would get done about it.

AuntMary, I couldn't agree more. Even the first second after happened, that's what I was thinking. If I tried to save my bike too I'd probably be in the hospital.

6. i stopped reading because you lied to me.

7. i'll give ya $350 j/k:D

8. Get a norco wolverine... amazing bike

9. glad you really didnt get hit. that would have sucked..

10. I prefer the BLine, but I ended up getting something else.