so i got pulled over..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vzsel, Sep 6, 2012.

1. So I was with a few friends, I was doing 45 before the '45 speed limit sign', anyway, I guess one of the guys had a warrant, so obviously he got arrested.

Anyway, one of the cops comes back and he's like 'heres your stuff back, but I want you to be honest with me'

And I thought he was talking about the kid who had a warrant so I was like

"No I didn't know he had a warrant" (cuz I didn't)

But he was refering to the smell, we smoked like 3 hours ago at that time, and I wasn't even that baked really, just tired

Anyway he asked if we had any pot and I was like 'naw we smoked our last joint, I wish'...but he kept on persisting, asking if he can search my car, I was like

"Do you have a warrant sir?"

"No but I can get a k9 here real quick'"

I had other items (can't mention) in my car so I didn't want too go down that route, so I gave him my pot.

I had to call a friend to drive my car for me because apparently I was 'too stoned', and the other guy doesn't have a license.

Anyway, before he let us go the other cop came up to me and was just fuckib' sayin stupid shit like

'Do you have glacoma for marijuana'

'Thats pretty clever but no.'

And just shit like that...

Anyway, the cop could've siezed my car, but since I was so honest I just got poss for marijuana... it was under a gram is my best bet..

Didn't take my piece though:p..

I have court on the 15th....first drug charge, but I wasn't suppose to get in trouble for a year...how is that going to effect me?

Thanks for reading, I'm kindve pissed cuz I have no bowl for a wake n bake...

2. Depends where you live. Probly just a fine. You may end up with something else but its no bigger then the fine.

I would also be extremely careful about driving with bud now. If you get pulled over and they run you they most likely want to get in your car. This would happen to my bro all the time just because of a abuse charge.

3. Yeah I figured, he was like next time I find drugs in your car I'm going to sieze it.

4. #4 Vzsel, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    And another thing, is my insurance going to be notified of this and make the rates go up?

He checked 'traffic'.

5. i once saw my local police take bud from teenagers, one of the officers put it in his pocket and drove off...

Not sure what the whole ordeal was about....

6. Thanks... But that doesn't really help or really relate

7. It's a little to late now, but next time a situation like that happens BE MORE FIRM ON YOUR FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS. I realize you did say you had unmentionables in your car, but with my experience on this subject, and I have a lot of it.. They won't take it to those lengths unless they REALLY have strong reason to believe it'll be worth the struggle. Cops will and do, and legally are capable of lying, threatening and intimidating to get information. If they ask to search you, say you do not consent to searches, if they search you anyway with no consent, it is almost a given for the charge to be dismissed even if they do find something. If they threaten you with k9s, a lot of times they won't go through the trouble to actually follow up with it... because it takes a hell of a lot of money, and extra effort and time to get a unit down there, at least where I live they don't even bother going through their threats. If he keeps talking, be sure to ask him if you're being detained, or if you're free to go. If they have probable cause, or enough evidence to search you, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO ASK. Even if they smell weed, or say they do, it's still not enough "probable cause." NEVER consent to searches, study your fourth amendment rights! You could've very possibly gotten out of that situation with no charges! Onto the charge and your insurance, some states actually suspend your license for marijuana possession, even weren't in your car and had no intent to distribute. Since it is listed as a "Traffic" offense, your rates will most likely rise. As marking this as a traffic incident, he was basically saying you were driving under the influence of marijuana. How much will depend on your prior criminal history, driving history, and your auto insurance company. Now, your charges, if you are in a program where you had previous charges, and you went under the court system and were told it would be expunged from your record if you stay out of trouble for a certain amount of time, typically it will not effect your current charge to much... but what it WILL do is keep your other charge, and this one on your record. If the year thing has to do with probation, you not only will get charged for the possession but probation violations and trialed as an adult can get you a bit of time in county. There is a likeliness that you will just have to pay a fine and it will be dropped off your record, but that might not be an option with a previous criminal history. Hope parts or pieces of this helped you!

8. You can't get in trouble for a year bc of your theft charge right? I think I remember that thread.

Are you on formal probo for that? Or is it a condition of expungement on your theft charge that you don't get in trouble for a year? If it is, this charge will not only earn you probation or drug court, it'll put that theft charge on your record to stay.

9. :/ I hope not honestly..

Its just under a gram...I wasn't even high, he thought I was, I told him I haven't smoked in 4 hours er so.

He told me that he could've charged me with dui, can the judge still do that?

And yeah, I'm under an affferd or whatever, to where I can't get arrested for a year.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo]Shiiiiit Sheeeeeit Shit Sheeeit - Senator Clay Davis, The Wire - YouTube[/ame]

11. I mean you live in Washington right. So they have some pretty lenient weed laws. Theyre voting to legalize it in november. actuallly their proposition is the best out of all 3 (orgeon washington colorado). you better vote

12. He was prob better off telling the truth. Cops usually dont give a shit about your rights

13. With a first drug charge and under a gram you could probably get it expunged

14. Damn, sucks that people can still get charged for possession of such a small amount.

15. [quote name='"StickyxLover"']

He was prob better off telling the truth. Cops usually dont give a shit about your rights[/quote]

She* :)

Thanks guys, you guys made me feel better, then the first few posts:p.. I don't know.. I'm just hoping to explain myself...

I mean I graduated, I'm 19, I have a job, I'm working on my sewing more and I never drink. 3-4 hours after you've smoked marijuana won't make you that high... I was just SO tired, it was such a long night.

Ahaha, the cops were talking about us a few feet from my car and my friends like 'what?' And they're all like..."we didn't say anything, you must be stoned, its all the marijuana you smoked' I was like 'im pretty sure its not....'

They seriously gave me a 15 minute bullshit lecture...

16. #16 Ironic, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Your problem isn't the weed charge, it's the fact that you already got in trouble and cant get in trouble for a year. That is what is going to make this shitty for you.

If I were you I'd honestly be more worried about your other charge. That's the one that's gonna look real shitty on your record. I think you really need a lawyer if you want even a small chance of not being 19 with two charges already.

17. Yeah....but I think he means arrested, I wasn't really arrested, although they can choose to put me in jail for a day at court, but it was under a gram :laughing:. This isn't florida.

18. You don't have to be in handcuffs to be arrested. You just have to be charged in a court.

19. If I was a cop and I ever dealt with teens smoking weed I would take it and roll it up later that night after my shift haha :smoke:

20. It was checked for traffic violation? What were you originally pulled over for? What was the violation? You going 45 in a 35? If so, yes this will be reported to your insurance company. In Cali if you get a speeding ticket, you can take an 8hr class to avoid a point on your DL and avoid an increase on your insurance. Do you guys have this option in Washington?