So I got caught... But I'm also incredibly lucky...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by isimon, Jan 24, 2009.

1. #1 isimon, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    Ok guys this just happened today so I'm not sure whats going on but here it goes...

Today was just like any other day. I live on campus at a school somewhere in the US, a very liberal one at that. So there is a smoking spot next to the dorms, and for the entire last semester I and countless other people would smoke pot down there. There are usually 5 or ten people down there smoking cigarettes so I never usually worry about smell (I normally use a one-hitter.) So I go down there after class and go up and get some pot to bring down. I was only gonna hit it a few times and head back up, but there were around 15 of my close friends out there just jamming out on some different instriments and smoking cigarettes so I decided to stay. So I started passed around the bud to a few people just so i could help everyone enjoy the day. Its been cold as hell for the past week and its the first time it was semi warm out so everyone was having a good time.

Then out of no where comes a very undercover looking cop. And what follows are 2 other uniformed cops. They approach the guy I had just givin my pipe to to take a hit (he had slipped it into my pocket before they could see, I dont blame him I already had shit on me and he didnt) and ask him to come stand over in another spot. While he proceeds to get searched, I see 2 other cops at the opposite side of the smoking area keeping their eyes fixed on me. Needless to say, my heart was in my throat at that point. Moments later, they tell me to come with them along with another of my friends who was holding and had us empty our pockets.

Now I'm not one to disrespect cops to their face. I understand that honesty can go a long way if youre being arrested. So I tell him straight up that I do have a small amount of marijuana on me (as soon as i take it out of my pocket he goes "man i smell it!" haha it was silver haze:() and give it to him. So he proceeds to explain to me and my friend whats going to happen.

Now it was up until that point that I wasnt incredibly worried. But when the cop mentioned "I am going to ask you if you'd give me consent to search your dorm room" I started to flip.

Now I don't usually sell on campus, but campus was dry and I began to see my friends paying 20-25 a gram for some really crappy bud and I knew I had to do something. So I picked up a quarter oz of some killer bud (eighth of granddaddy urkel and an eighth of silver haze) and had them bagged out and everything yesterday. I sold about two bags and planned to sell the rest tonight. So in my dorm room, I had a lock box, unlocked, in plain sight, with about 5 grams bagged out and a little personal stuff along with an assortment of bowls and one hitters.

So now I begin thinking about how little this is compaired to what they are gonna find once they search my room. I take out my iphone (thank god it can text so fast, you'll know why in a second) and begin texting everyone i know. "Take box out of room. Getting busted." I sent that to about 3 people when the cop starts yelling "Young man! Put that cell phone away or I will have it confiscated. I reply "yes sir" and immediately slip it back into my pocket (If he got a hold of it and read my texts I could have been in deep shit for tampering with evidence)

So ten minutes go by and we are still outside getting situated (hes calling for backup and such) and I havnt heard from anyone. Until I get a text I wasnt able to look but I am hoping like crazy it is good news. So eventually we go inside and the cop and his apprentice kind of guy start to fill out the "consent to search" forms. Needless to say my mind is going 100 miles a minute tryin to figure out the best way to handle the situation. Should I refuse to let them search and have them try harder to find a way to get inside, maybe saving me valuable time but also maybe causing me to get into more trouble in the long run. Or should I let them go in, have them find my shit, and hope they will be more lenient due to my honesty.

So while Im thinking about that, I remember to check my text! I look over and make sure the cops are busy doing the paper work and whip out my phone. Its a text from one of my friends, we'll call her, Kelly. All It said was "Got it." I knew exactly what she was talking about and my heart began to reposition its self back into my chest. I knew then that I had been saved from being royally screwed in the ass by the police instead of just being moderately screwed. I was still being ticketed for simple possession and I was thinking about all the fucked up shit thats gonna happen in the next three months because of it. But I was still incredibly relieved that I dodged that bullet.

So when I finally got my ticket and got the cops out of my room I got out my phone and texted "Kelly I fucking love you. If it wasnt for you I would be completely fucked right now. Thank you so much I am forever indebted to you" she texts back "No problem if it was me I would have wanted you to do the same thing." Well I decided that since I had to quit smoking anyway, I would reward her efforts with a free two grams. She didnt want me to give them to her but I insisted.

Im sorry for the long story. I just had to get it out of my mind and I had to tell the world of my fantastic friend. If it wasn't for her and modern communication I would be completely fucked and probably kicked out of school. Thanks for reading if youve made it this far and sorry if some parts dont make sense i was typing a little fast.

2. good save +rep

3. lol. that shits crazy.

4. well next time u need sum1 to save ur ass text me lol a free 2g lol
    but ya never bag the stuff out until your selling it unless your goin to a party to sell or sumthin lol cause each bag is seperate charge:eek:

5. Thank god for technology!:smoke:

6. awesome story I had something like this happen once.

All things considered though, I would remove shit like names and state from that post, if a narc of any sort sees this I doubt it would be very hard to find out exactly which school this was, and you'd end up in a lot more trouble.

7. nah thank humans

8. Mutual effort between technology and a good friend:smoke:

9. Thanks for looking out. State changed and names were already changed.

10. good plan, and good luck. get a good lawyer and toke a shitload while you can :smoking:

11. They should use this to market iphones, "Help your buddies avoid drug busts!"

12. this thread just inspired me to make a "safe" contact group in my phone. People I can mass text to in case something like this happens. every stoner should.

13. This is a great idea, better to be safe than sorry!:smoking:

14. This reminds me of a "shovel buddy" (as coined by a local radio morning show)

" a "shovel buddy" is a person whom you entrust the location of anything stored in your home that would bring shame or besmirch your reputation " - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovel_Buddy

click link for better explantion :)

15. Super lucky...

16. "I do not consent to a search" This could have all been avoided man!

17. Ok let me explain this. I live in a dormitory. If I was to not consent to a search, if they felt that I had more stuff in my room they would have found the proper paper work. Had it been my home or apartment there is no way I would consent to a search. But since this room I live in does not officially belong to me, it is not my personal property. Therefore I have none of the rights awarded to your personal property and an illegal search and seizure. If I was to deny the consent to search, they could have easily gone to the CLA of my dorm, gotten my key, and most likely would have torn apart my room more than they did when searching after I consented to the search.

I did not want to complicate matters.

18. Exactly. No reason to piss the cops off worse when they're going to be able to get in your room either way.

Just be happy you have such a good friend, I can't say I'd be able to trust many of my friends to do that for me on such short notice.

19. damn lucky shit!

a few months ago (before the winter break) the residential adviser called the cops because he smelled pot and when the cops arrived, they knocked on his door trying to search it. when the knock came, my friend looked out the peephole and and to throw everything out the window into the bushes.

luckily, only his bong broke and everything else was ok because the bushes and pine straws broke the fall.

after the cops left, they went outside, picked up the pieces, and went to another spot to toke up some more! HAHA

lucky bastards! =]

20. dont chya wish you had been hiding in that bush instead of the one next to the girls restroom that night. lmao jkin bud jkin:D