So I got busted by the 5-0... but no arrest? (confused)

Discussion in 'General' started by jfeezy, Sep 28, 2006.

1. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

know your rights man. that's the 4th amendment of your bill of rights. memorize that shit, and dont let anyone push you around for blazing in the privacy of your own fucking home.

2. Sounds pretty crazy, I dont know what to think at all. Sounds like my buddies and his place. All we do is smoke in his place all day long, now you have me nervous.:confused:

3. Probably werent even cops, just 2 guys wearing fake police uniforms going around getting free weed and looking for a good dealer., not really, but wouldnt that be some shit?

4. That was a perfectly legal search, we just covered all this search and seizure shit in one of my classes. The person that claimed they smelled dope in the hallway provided the officer with reasonable doubt, which allowed him to use a canine unit. The dog signaled at your residence, which means he has full right to search you because the dog is his proof that you have illegal substances. He is allowed to pat you down. Since he found the bud on you he then has even more reason to search your cabinets etc. TOTALLY LEGAL SEARCH -- ESPECIALLY IF IT WAS IN A DORM OR ANY TYPE OF CAMPUS HOUSING. I would'nt call the dude back though. You are not required by law to do so. It's called the 5th Ammendment. Exercise your right to remain silent. Good luck bro.

EDIT: Oh yeah, go find out who told on you like a little bitch and break their knee caps for me.

5. Don't call him back but I wouldn't smoke. Stay clean or get clean incase he does come back...But idk, weird situation! Do pill bottles really cover up smells that good? I have always kept mine in orange ones.

6. A pat down is only legal if and when someone is being suspected of carrying a lethal weapon, such as a knife or gun, for the safety of civilians as well as the cops themselves. If the case is not dealing with there is no probable cause for the gun, you can refuse a pat down.

Ex. If you get caught speeding, and he tell you to get out of the car, you can refuse a pat down, as a traffic violation has nothing to do with a knife or gun.

7. You've almost got it...

You can be "stopped and frisked" at any time. If a police officer has reasonable suspicion that you are armed (a lower standard than probable cause) he may identify himself, stop you, and frisk the outer part of your clothes for weapons. If he finds one on you, it is admissable in court.

It's not an illegal search and seizure, because technically you haven't been arrested and in the long scheme of things, it doesn't take a lot of time for you to be frisked. Also, there was no search. Just a frisk.

It's not up to the person being searched to decide if it's okay. It's not unconstitutional, so the police will do it whenever they feel they have cause to. But unless they feel a gun or knife in your pocket, you're all good.

8. dude, your story reminds me of the time on the show "Weeds" on showtime when Nancy was dropping off a shitload of dank at the community college to that indian kid, when a dude dressed as campus security came, busted her, took her shit, then let her go. it all worked out though, cause the black dude from 40 year old virgin went and beat the guy's ass and made him give the weed back. it's a good show.