So I Got A Job That Pays 12 An Hour...

Discussion in 'General' started by LBOSMOKE, Jun 21, 2014.

1. I am on roofs that are all fucked over with moss and I am 50+ feet from the ground. Today was my second day working. The first day I was pressure washing which I didn't mind.

Today was different. The moss was damp, and the roof was slick in algae. On top of that the roof is piched at 35 degrees. I spent all day up there and I didn't fall or come close but at the end of the day I got to a point where I said fuck this. The ladder is fucked, and the roof is sketchy I am no longer going up there. Plus I was exhasted, and skipped lunch getting moss off the roof.

The company still thinks I work for them but I am not going to show up at all monday. Is this fair? I value my life and my intact bones far greater than any $12 an hour salery.  I just question their buisness and where their heads are at. If i don't get paid Im going to be so damn mad. 

2. <sup>go but don't risk anything, tell them you want 30 an hour</sup>

3. I would show up dude... Don't you have uniforms that belong to them?  Plus that's just a dick move, especially for a serious job like that.

4. Yea that sounds like a shit job, it demands more than that.

5. I'd burrow a hole in the roof and live off of the creatures of the wood for a while until management gets the point

6. If you're going to quit, at least quit like a man and actually tell them instead of just disappearing

It'd probably make it easier to collect whatever wages you earned for those two days

7. I had a job that I quit after day one just because one of the bays I worked in had a slippery rail. Not gonna risk it with no insurance at the place.

8. This is the pussiest thing I've ever read.

Go tell your boss you quit.

OR

Get back up there.

Just walking away is so.. Unprofessional. Realistically was just to much work for you id suspect and your rationalizing it with the "my life could be in danger" shit.

I have a car that belongs to them but thats about it. Dude its not serious if they don't give any fucks about safety. My ladder was so fucked up and rusted it was about to fall apart. Plus I should be getting more like 50 an hour with no harness. 

10. I don't think its "pussy" to walk off a job.. If its that shitty or they just don't care about you then fuck them.

11. #11 LBOSMOKE, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014

Dude working on a mossy roof when it is wet 50 feet off the ground is sketchy. Legally you are supposed to be in a harness. I would do the job but $12 an hour?, for what a possible broken leg or worse? I could make 12 an hour working in a restaurant instead of brushing roofs 6 hours a day with no lunch breaks. 

I would do it if I was paid more like $30 but they clearly don't give a shit about my safety, they only want to make money of my slave labor. I was left to do an entire house myself. Second day. 

12. At least let them know you won't be showing up so they can fill your position. If you just don't show up then that could mean some poor guy might have to do both your job and his (making his day a lot harder).

13. Dude I was left to an entire house on my second day. By myself, with a broken ass ladder which I needed to climb 20 feet up to. I have been and done sketchy shit but when a house has 1-2 inches of moss all over the entire roof  and its wet. That is sketchy and even when the roof is dry the moss can be damp and slippery. $12 an hour isn't worth it to me, I am going to get a job making pizzas and I will make more than that.  

there is no one to fill my position! its fucked these guys are in on something illegal probably. I bet they made some flyers offered some deal and they need cheap as fuck laybor in oreder to make money from what they offered. 

15. I'd still be a man and tell them you will no longer be working for them. Don't just pussy out and run away in defeat. Trust me I know how you feel. I've had some pretty shitty jobs myself but when I quit I was always sure to confront my boss at least through text to let him and or her know what's up.

16. they don't give shit about you ... fuck them

Oh ill talk to them, its just this day at work could have killed me and I just want a 3 day break. I will return the car and tell them what its up monday but I am not waking up at 8 am. 

18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIUx2ynCJc

19. You're not waking up at 8am ,may I ask why?

20. Shit pay. I'm making that taking bets at a horse track sitting in a chair. Get out asap. I'd still do it like a man though. Show up on time, tell them what's up, and peace.