So I found a dead girl...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Borstal, Sep 16, 2009.

1. This is Mr. Boosh. Tell Mr. Boosh what you know Borstal.

2. Damn Blade sorry...I could only imagine what you must've felt when all this
    occured

3. Yeah, its a stupid decision to drink that much by yourself, especially if its your first time. However kids are kids, and when I was young I was stupid too. I can tell you storys of how I almost have set fireworks off inside my house just because I was young before and foolish and liked to experiment. My sister and her friends are the 14-15 range going on 16 some of them. SO its expected for them to be stupid, they are KIDS.

No offense but NO one deserves to die and if thats your mindset. C'mon didn't you do anything stupid when you were a kid? Or did you live under a rock and was a perfect human being.

4. You ever had your fingers cut off at the knuckle by a pair of tree loppers? Tell me what you did to the girl!!!

lol

5. Alright, I did it! I killed the girl! Naw... I didn't and I shouldn't joke about that but thanks for interjecting some humor into this man.

6. yeah sorry, it is pretty serious though. talk to someone, it does help. just make sure they are sincere in listening

7. damn dude i feel sorry for you, but still sorry fuck your sister and her friends. being highs not an excuse. i would of said straight up why are you guys laughing. they cant make a funny joke back only realise their wack.

i would go ask your sister why she was laughing and call her a bitch, but hey im not judging your relationship, it just seems inhuman

edit: sorry if i missed it but how did they know she was in the forest. if she was drinking then how the fuck could she have given directions. did your sisters friend kill her then laugh

8. Yeah I actually got a cops card who I had to talk to about this and he is going to set me up with a therapist or some councelor provided for free by the government of Canada. So I will have someone to just tell everything to in pure confidence.

@ weed burps - I will ask about that and talk to my assigned councelor about it to see what she thinks about that too. However right now I don't want to deal with in-house family issues too.

9. yeah sounds good go for it. and weed burps, I'd just say alot of people aren't good at handling things. People just react bad, but you gotta just move on I suppose.

10. Laughing?! I'm surprised other replies so far haven't carried the tone of outrage that I have after reading this.

Laughing at a fresh corpse. I am blown away by this. I have never been so inebriated that I would laugh at a corpse. I know it's terrible to say this, but I'd like to imagine what that girl's dad would have done if he was there and heard those kids laughing. If I was the dad I'd probably be using all that grief-fueled adrenaline to beat some punk kids to a bloody fucking pulp. For a kid to be so stupid to drink far past her limit is one thing, but a kid laughing at a death is absolutely reprehensible. Human garbage.

11. I'm sorry you had to experience this OP, hopefully some good can come of this tragedy, by serving as a valuable lesson for others. I'm glad you are going to counseling, if you feel like you need to talk to someone, there's nothing wrong with that, it was a traumatic event.

*Also, laughing can be considered a nervous reaction, not actually one resulting from finding something funny. It is possible that was the case for your sis and her friends. My dad supposedly laughed at his brothers funeral(my uncle was 17 when he passed) for the same reason.

12. qft ..

13. #33 Floydian, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019

14. well, i only read the first page but...

laughing and crying are actually both just chemical responses in the same part of the brain, depending on how you were before the laughing or crying will determine which reaction comes first...
    ive seen it before, and tho, yes, it is a bit disconcerting, its not an uncommon reaction, next comes shock and then the tears...

that being said i hope her friends learned something of this

15. i agree with that guy who said he would knock whoever was laughing out. i ALWAYS choose peace before violence unless it involves my herb because there are sketchy people out there but still i would have been pretty traumatized to find a dead body and if i checked the body and announce that shes dead and i fucking hear people LAUGHING i would freak out and beat the shit out of them. i dont want to sound fucked up but i seriously would not be able to take it if i was in that situation job well done on having a non violent reaction to the kids laughing. i dont believe in god so to me when someone dies thats it they're dead FOREVER so i really treasure all life cept my own :p so for them to be laughing when someones EXISTENCE was just extinguished i wouldnt care if thats how they react i would go ballistic on them ofcourse i

16. i'd see a therapist, it can only help. As far as the girls laughin, its just how some people react. I found my cat dead when i was younger, and i was really sad and devastated, yet somehow all i could do was burst into hysteria. It always bothered me that i laughed when i found him, but i couldn't help it, it just happened. Since then, my body seems to just go into shock when someone close to me dies. I didn't have a single emotion when my grandmother died last year (and i dont mean i didnt show emotion... i literally felt no emotion about the entire event until weeks after it when it was all processed).

Some people just react to tragedies differently

17. Friend, I would strongly advise you to see a therapist.

If money is an issue, contact the police department or a Church that your family has some connection too (even if you're not religious), and ask if there is a therapist who will see you at a bargain (with the police, ask to speak to someone in victim's services or victim's response, with the religious leader just say "I found a crime scene with a deceased victim"). Even if you're not religious, you would be highly surprised the number of religious leaders/ministers/etc that have advanced degrees in counseling or psychology.

As for the laughter? I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were in your shoes. Was it weird and inappropriate? Yeah it was. But people cope in different ways. Were they laughing about the whole thing? No I doubt it. Was their body and psyche trying to release massive massive amounts of stress after a terrible terrible experience?

Probably. But that's something best talked about with a therapist.

Why see a therapist? Because what you have experienced is really traumatic. Your friends and family will try to be supportive, but they do not understand this experience because they have never had this experience.

The sooner you sit down with a therapist the better. Otherwise you could set yourself up to have issues with PTSD and flashbacks.

I sincerely wish you the best. As someone who has experienced PTSD I strongly urge you to see a therapist sooner rather than later. A few sessions could save you years of pain.

18. If you were the primary/first responder or even an average civilian... the EMT should have offered you CISM (Critical incident stress management).

Try talking to a close friend, family, your sister, gf, etc. It always helps talking. Sorry I didn't help much. :(

19. The first time i did cpr on a person that didnt make it i was 17. I talked with EMT's and few nurses about dealing with it.

Anyways it can help if you know someone who has gone through the same thing to help.

20. #40 Wet Horse Lips, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
    Do not deny yourself mental help and counseling.

GO.

Seeing a dead body, and then having that screeching mimick of confused laughter pounding in your ears would have made me snap.

I am sorry to hear of this girl's demise, but she is retarded for drinking that much, ALONE, in a FUCKING forest. Jesus, kids these days...

EDIT: I suppose I can understand the laughing. In my most recent loss, there was no laughter, but hey, it's just a reaction that can happen. When you don't understand or can't comprehend something of this nature, sometimes... you laugh...

Again, you are a strong person for having to endure this. I will not say "Oh I am sorry for you" since you are not responsible for this unwise decision turned fatal conclusion, since you sir, tried to save her and for that, you are a strong-willed, compassionate individual. I sincerely hope you seek counseling because it helps so much. I would still be really fucked up had it not been for my counselor.