Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So how many job opportunity's will i ruin if i get my medical card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by aznno0odles, May 12, 2011.

1. i live in Washington state and was wondering what jobs i would not be able to qualify for if i was a medical marijuana patient. i hear alot that if it is a government job then you cannot do it if your are a medical patient. can i get some facts please?this is the only thing holding me back from getting my card.

2. You can't get any Federal jobs...(FBI, CIA, Police officer, etc)
    As far as other jobs, Im not totally sure about Washington but in California when you fail the job drug test and show your doctor's rec they can still decide to fire you...It depends on the boss.

3. The kinds of jobs that drug test or are prejudiced against cannabis users in the US absolutely floor me with their irrelevancy.

Who the hell cares if a bedding store sales clerk tokes?

Drug testing in these situations is like the same jobs checking to see if males are circumcised and women are still virgins as a condition of employment - an invasion of privacy, a violation of rights and freedoms, and totally unrelated to a person's capacity to perform the job.

4. If it's a security clearance issue regarding the government employment... it depends entirely on the position and the discretion of the interviewer or analyst, sometimes same person.

FBI... zero tolerance.. it's law enforcement
    NSA... it's more important that you're entirely truthful about all use than jsut that you use... loyalty is what's important

get what I'm sayin

some of the federal health agencies simply don't drug test... security clearance just depends on what you're workin with