Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

so, how do I start?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Irawesome, Mar 18, 2011.

1. I was recently introduced to smoking weed at a party a few weeks back, and I enjoyed it. But I want to try it again, without being drunk at the same time, because I was kinda cross fading. Spring break for me is next week and I'm looking for something to do when im not working, playing video games, working on my computer (im a big computer geek), etc.

So my question is how can I go about smoking weed? What do you suggest when looking for a pipe? where can I get one? I know a few co workers who smoke/sell it, how would I know if im getting the best price? how much of it should I buy my first time? I don't plan to make it part of my life but something to enjoy every now and then. I don't want to spend over $100.

any help is appreciated, thanks :p

2. Find a headshop in your town, buy a nice little glass pipe for 15 or 20 bucks.

Next, buy a dub sack ($20 worth) from one of your co workers that sell it.

Then, smoke it up. :smoke:

3. #3 Oceanic, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    Welcome to our world ;-) Hope you enjoy

That being said, try to look for a headshop/smokeshop online. If you're in a relatively big city you should definitely have one or several. You can buy a cheaper/but still great pipe for around $15-$30, you don't need to go all out your first time.

I'd probably pick up a G, and the standard price for that is around $20. Just get to know the prices in your area by possibly asking one of your co-workers that doesn't sell but smokes, and learn a bit from them. A G should last you at least a week or so since your new and will have a low tolerance.

When it comes to loading the pipe with weed, just break it up with your fingers pretty fine but not too fine. Put one of the bigger pieces of weed at the bottom so all the smaller pieces don't go through your pipe which will cause you to accidently get a little weed in your mouth when inhaling.

4. thanks, I usually do research on new things so I sometimes over dramatize situations. and I live in california and a few mins north of me theres santa rosa which is a fairly large city and I've passed by a smoke shop when driving downtown.

5. Things you NEED to have:

Scale - $25 - BP
    Pipe - 10-50 - Headshop/highway gas station
    Weed - like said start with a gram. Ask them dank or mids, if it's dank expect $20, if mid $5-10.

Should cost a total of about 75 bucks depending what you get.

6. I would get a pipe, smelly proof container, half cut.

Things to get down the road
    grinder
    scale(do not carry this around with you friend)

7. buy a pipe/bong. buy a dimebag($10 worth)then smoke it

8. Get yourself a nice pipe from etsy.com
    Though they just banned the sale of pipes with a carb, I still see some sellers selling it.

9. what states does this apply in?...cause thats bullshit

10. I think it is a part of your life. But that's ok. Remember, it's just a natural plant. If it weren't for fear and ignorance, every garden in the world would be growing this natural beautiful herb!

11. I just checked, they meant etsy.com is banning it because its weed related or some shit. Its still LEGAL in every state tho, just etsy.com banned the sale of pipes w/ carbs

12. Start with a bowl or pipe (or a spoon if ur so inclined to), make sure not to get a 1-hitter. I find them only useful for testing out bud or taking a quick hit on break at work.

If you're going to try rolling i'd suggest joints first, then work ur way up to a blunt, and use tobacco if u can when u first start to get the hang of it. Some are gifted in rolling from start, others well..... that's why there are bowls........

13. Do not carry the scale around with you if you buy one

14. Just having a scale and no drugs or other paraphernalia, how can they do anything?

15. If you have a scale and even one gram of weed, you are fucked. Carrying a scale is obviously fine if u have no bud on you

16. They can prosecute you for selling just based on that? Without any actual proof of an intent to really sell? I would argue as a defense lawyer that just merely having the scale with marijuana itself does not meet the threshold of proof.

17. Yea,it's dumb, but that's the law. You would lose in court if you argued it. Just be smart about things and you will be fine bro. no worries

18. I'm glad it's clarified, I'm never leaving my place with those two combined no matter what. That's insane.