So glad to be alive.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Viral Frog, Jun 29, 2011.

1. One year ago today at 1 AM, I was almost killed in a car accident, just three weeks before the birth of my son. I was in the hospital for four days with three breaks in my pelvis, a broken hip, a concussion and seven stitches. Kept me out of work for close to three months.
    It's crazy how much has happened since then, and for some reason, today I just can't help but be especially thankful that I'm still alive and able to walk. I can't imagine how hard it would be for my friends, family, and most importantly my girlfriend and son if I wasn't here today.
    Just thought I'd share!
    I've included a picture of the car I was in taken the day after. I was in the front passenger seat.

Attached Files:

2. My best friend just recently got into a big crash. Broke his leg and got a concussion.

3. That sucks, man. I don't wish that shit on anyone. :/ I've never been in more physical pain in my life than I was for two months after that accident. Even after it all healed up I'd always get really sore and shit up until just a couple months ago.
    But hey, at least he's still with ya. Since my accident I've seen quite a few news articles about people dying in t-bone accidents like mine... Horrible shit, dude.

4. Wow I gotta say if I saw that car on the side of the road and someone sitting in the passenger seat I'd assume they were dead. Glad you're not though!

5. #5 Viral Frog, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    My buddy that was in the back seat pulled me out almost immediately after the accident.
    If he wouldn't have done that, I'd have more than likely been covered in third degree burns and not been much more than a corpse.

6. Dam props to your friend man , close call what's the other guys story , drunk driver or did you just crash into something