So, apparently we just got our health care stolen away.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FalconFour, Jan 20, 2011.

1. According to an Obamagram mass-email:

And all I could really think about it was... holy fucking shit, what the fuck is wrong with people? The email title says it all: there's no other way to put it. Republicans are, in all possible honesty, the American Taliban.

Who in their right mind would vote against health care reform to begin with? I'm dead fucking serious! Who would? Why?! After all that bullshit about "obama didn't follow through with his election promises", who the fuck would work to destroy the work he DID do?

Someone please try to give me one good solid reason why this shit continues to happen, why there are people in the world that have one political agenda: to push us back into the stone age. Why? Why do Republicans exist? In all honesty... I don't understand it. I can understand that there are ignorant and hateful people in the world, but I don't understand why these people choose to watch Fox News and work so hard to destroy the very fabric of society they live on... burning their own house down, so to speak.

In as most an unbiased fashion as humanly possible, I'd like to know: why the fuck would anyone vote to repeal health care reform?

2. #2 QP3, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    Do you feel better now?

IM not going to lose my healthcare.

[​IMG]

3. The title seems a little misleading. Who is this "we" you're talking about? I haven't had my health care stolen.

Before I can answer I have to know: do you have any idea what this bill is going to do?

For now though, let's start with the health insurance mandate. I think everyone can agree that forcing people to purchase a service from one of the approved companies is not in the Constitution, right?

4. Why does EVERY fucking anti-Republican argument start with Fox News? Seriously. Shit's old.

And I know I don't like full health care. I've had to work hard for my shit and I don't think others should get for free what I worked hard for.

5. Slow down there, man.

Obamacare was very loosely written with and approved by the insurance and pharma lobbies. Facets of it were blatantly unconstitutional. It put strain on small business and doctors alike.

Remember how eager corrupt politicians were to pass it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU]YouTube - Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"[/ame]

Independent Canadian here. Not left or right, I just try to analyze the data presented to me rationally. :smoke:

6. right
    [​IMG]

7. #7 SouthrnSmoke, Jan 20, 2011

I think everyone is in agreement that health-care needs reworking. So you might ought to rephrase your inquiry to ...

" Why would anyone be against THIS TYPE OF health-care reform. "

My answer to that would be its the people who realize we are in debt 14 trillion deep, and that this type of health-care is either going to cost us a lot in tax hikes, or its going to create an even LARGER debt, which is already out of control.

There are essentially two schools of thought on this.

1.Health-care is a right, and everyone has the right to access it.

2. Health-care is a service, and nobody has the right to demand the service of people who have worked hard enough to be good at it.

Guessing by how mad you are about the repeal, i would say your in group one ...

8. #8 uhohspaghettio, Jan 20, 2011
    Haha.

You were sold another lie by another liar.

Obama is no savior, or man of the people. There is no one looking out for the little people. No one cares about your stupid healthcare bill. This is just yet one more promise from one more lieing asshat who promised to make things better. The sooner people figure out government doesnt give a shit about them, the better off we will all be.

9. #9 Arteezy, Jan 20, 2011
    I honestly can't understand how one makes the jump from "health care is a right" to "the government needs to mandate that everyone purchases health insurance from one of the approved companies" not to mention all the other garbage in that legislation.

Personally, I believe most people who are in support of this bill are either fascists/corporatists (maybe even with some stake in the health insurance and/or pharmaceutical industries) or misinformed as to what this legislation actually accomplishes.

10. End government intervention in markets!!

Meaning allow people to buy insurance across state lines and such. Get some competition going. I'm tired of UMPC.

11. Because I had the opportunity once to sit in front of a TV blaring Fox News once and it was the most skewed, hateful, distorted, and outright fucking DISGUSTING shit I'd ever seen on TV. Shit that I would've hoped the FCC would've banned from being shown due to being so deceitful. That I would've hoped someone would've sued the pants off Fox after years of polluting minds. And yet there was actually someone in the room that actually tuned to that channel and was watching it. That's why I bring up Fox News. Because apparently there are people that have been so brainwashed by Fox News they actually believe the shit they're watching, like people read the Enquirer or Onion and believe that too.

As for the bill, I know health reform had its flaws, but those were things that needed to be amended and addressed, not the whole thing outright taken away from us. I, personally, was all set to finally get health care for the first time in my life (at 24, living on "hope I never get sick or get hurt"), and Obamacare was an absolute blessing. "Forcing" people to get health care is hardly any different from "forcing" people to insure their cars or "forcing" people to pay rent. You want to talk about forcing someone to do something? How about forcing people to pay 3/4 their income in rent every month? Want to help the little guy out? How about gutting and re-writing the welfare system so it doesn't encourage people to pop out babies to live on the government for free? Reforming the government housing programs so any apartment complex that accepts government payments doesn't become a festering shithole of drug dealers and neglected ******babies (see above "popping out babies")? Seriously, there are about a hundred billion ways that we could be improving on the government, and all Republicans (and pretty much only republicans!) are thinking about is repealing health care.

Shit pisses me off, and yes, I feel better having ranted about it. At least now I've written what's on my mind. :p

12. Oh look , another liberal who wants to censor opposing viewpoints. What a surprise.

You once watched fox news once. If you find that more disgusting then 16 and pregnant, then something is wrong with you.

Why dont you go get a job, and then you can solve all your whiny problems . Dont make other people pay your way through life, that makes you a leach to society. Pay for your own health insurance.

13. because the "reform" as you so quaintly put it, was little more than welfare for insurance companies. don't worry it won't get past the senate, you will get to keep your expanded powers of government and welfare for some of the richest companies in the world.

14. Its going to get voted down in the senate and even if it somehow magically doesn't (which isn't possible since democrats have the majority in the senate), then Obama would just veto it and then the Republicans don't have the necessary 2/3 majority to override it. Health care reform is safe for now.

15. #15 garrison68, Jan 20, 2011
    Many of those who say, "I've got my health insurance, fuck you if you don't!", will be in for a very rude awakening if they lose their jobs and have no health care.

It's been known to happen.

16. #16 SouthrnSmoke, Jan 20, 2011

Are you sure you were REALLY looking for unbiased responses ? Because you ignored them all.

Whats stopping you from buying insurance?

17. Its called get another job. Its been known to happen.

18. And hope that you don't get sick or have an accident until you find a job that has heath care (which many do not).

Sorry, it's not good enough. We must have the option of buying our own, at affordable rates, not what they're charging now for individual and family policies.

19. #20 Arteezy, Jan 20, 2011
    You haven't answered my question about the Constitution. No one is forcing you to drive a car or rent an apartment/home. The government will be forcing you to buy health insurance come 2014.

A mandate forcing people inside the United States to purchase a service from an approved company is not one of the government's enumerated powers and is clearly unconstitutional.

This legislation would increase the price of health care by setting up a government cartel of "approved" health insurance companies within each state who basically only have to face off with other "approved" companies. Hell, those companies can even choose to pay certain doctors less than other doctors.