Snus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Trich0me, Mar 24, 2009.

1. This is great. I quit smoking cigs today with this stuff.

It's far less harmful to your health than smoking, and the statistics for deaths/year are far less (can't remember the numbers).

What's great is you can use it anywhere. School, work, mom's house, restaurant, anywhere. You don't have to spit because it's packed into a pouch.

2. im sure it is healthier than smoking, but aren't the statistics of deaths/year lower only because A LOT more people smoke cigs?

i got like, a free sample once of stuff that was supposed to make u stop smoking - it was packed in a pouch like ur saying, but it was all peppermint and whatnot, it was almost like primitive chewing gum or something - must have had some nicotine in it or something to help quit? i don't know, i wasnt trying to quit cigs, so i tried one just for the hell of it - it was kind of tasty lol

3. Your chances of dying may decrease, although I think finding reliable statistics of dying from chewing tobacco vs. smoking may be hard to find. But take a look at what long term chewing tobacco (or whatever you want to call snus) risks are. I took a course on biology of health and disease and from what I can tell long term dipping ALMOST guarantees some serious health issues with your mouth after years of use. I'm not trying to preach because I'm a smoker and have nothing against dipping, but I was just really surprised to see some of the stuff that happens to almost all people who use tobacco orally for 3+ years. Anyways sorry for the lecture man, just figured I'd drop my .02

I've considered trying to use it to stop smoking but when I considered snus and that I could use it any time, in class, in work, in my room, etc. I think it would probably make my nicotene addiction worse.

4. Its definitely healthier than smoking but IMO its far far grosser. Hard to get any girls with this sludge in your mouth. My roommates both dip and its pretty gross to have spitoons all over the house