Snowboarding

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by REIS, Mar 3, 2013.

1. This upcoming week im going to be hitting up Colorado for some snowboarding.

I've never boarded, im from illinois where its flat as can be. I think i'ma be alright I'm just going to take it slow.

Does anyone have any tips. Ones that may be crucial to my survival?

2. Only to watch your back if it gets crowded. I've ran into and been ran into by other skiers/boarders.

Also if you fall hard, rag doll up. Wrist and arm injuries are very common with boarders. Have fun man! Expect your ass and arms to be very sore the next day.

:D

3. ohh boy i hope its not too crowded.

4. Did you go yet? I wonder how your 1st time was, its been a long time i do snowboard and ill always remember my 1st time.. it was horrible. But then I tried again and kinda liked the challenge :) so now im riding minimum twice a week all winter long!!!

5. Amazing! I went four days straight.

First day I had rental equipment,

Then I went ahead and got myself a board and equipment.

I fell alot at first, then slowly was able to turn towards my back.

got comfortable with the board switching back from goofy to regular alot and practiced plowing.

On day three I went to the summit of a mountain hiked a half mile and rode down a black diamond. It was crazy.

Man I have so much I could talk about this trip, hahah I'm stoked to go back

6. Thats amazing haha :p Its so cool that you liked it that much man!!! Keep having fun^^

7. I was so sore it was awesome. I'm wanting to hit up some other places in the next few years

8. If you ever get the chance i suggest going to vermont. Where I live the mountain that I have my pass to is worked snow(dont know how to say it in english but its when they work it with machines). So i went to vermont once an it was big beautiful + the snow was powder about 1 feet deep and to add to everything it was a beautiful day. I dont know the name of the resort but its pretty big so it should be easy to find about it!!

9. Ohh my that sounds awesome. My favorite part about the trip was going to the peak, because going down it was bliss. Powder like you mentioned.

I don't really like when they run the snowcat over the mountain, it made it so compact.

That probably would be a lot closer of a drive as well.

10. Went snowboarding today! It was simply amazing haha finished the last ride sitting on my board :p The snow was pretty good

11. aww man, what'd you hit up?

12. Goin to fernie for some spring skiing this week!

13. I went to mont Saint-Sauveur where i always go, ill also be going to sutton this week should be pretty fun and different! Fernie has to be cool too, i heard from my cousin that BC had some very cool mountains.

14. Where is fernie at?

Snap some pics if you don't mind. I'm gonna share a few I took when I hiked up to the peak.

15. So im just back from riding and I guess Its pretty much the end of the season :(. I dont have pics either i never brought any electronics with me while riding so I dont have anything to share as pictures :S But it was a good ride like always :) If you still got those shots from from your hike itd be cool to post them tho :p On that note ill ride another 2 or 3 times and then itll be next year!!