Snow White and Aurora Indica

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by scubadvr40, Jul 30, 2016.

1. #1 scubadvr40, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    This will be my second grow. 1st grow is currently in 12th day of flower. Any advice is appreciated along the way.

Four feminized seeds - 2 of each strain.

Day ONE: Germination

Paper towel and plastic bag method. Will keep in warm room (mid to high 70's) till seeds germinate.
    IMG_2423.jpg

2. #2 scubadvr40, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Day 3:

Organic soil mix in solo cups. Cut small holes in bottom of cups to allow water drainage.

Flushed soil with 2 cups 5.5 ph. balanced water. Seeds with 1/2 inch tap root placed in soil. 1/4 inch soil covering seeds.

I lightly sprayed water inside of baggies to keep humidity high, then placed them over cups.

Room temp high 70's. IMG_2525.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. My advice would be to purchase a seeding heat mat. Cannabis seeds germinate and sprout quickest when the soil temp is between 78-80F or 24-27.5C. The taproot will also grow in the direction of heat. Good luck and thanks for sharing your grow! Skanzy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 5:

Removed baggies. One seedling got tall fast. I lightly sprayed top of soil with water. Will set up grow space and light tomorrow. Meanwhile they are on inside window ledge -room temp 73f overnight. IMG_2528.jpg IMG_2529.jpg

5. Thanks Skanzy. Temp is very important, your advice made me realize I should include temp information, many thanks for that.

I have read great things about heating pads for seeding, never occurred to me to get one thou, probably coz it is summer here and its plenty hot enough. Would definitely be useful for fall, winter and spring thou. Added it to my list, found one on Amazon "Durable Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat Warm Hydroponic Heating Pad 10" x 20.75" for $13.95, good price I think.

Room temp where they were kept was mid to high 70's.

6. Day 6:

2x 40-watt daylight fluorescent bulbs. Lightly sprayed top of soil with water.

Area has good air flow, temp mid 70's.

Attached plain white paper to front of light fixture. Bulbs 3 inches from top of plants. Light on timer: 18/6.

Tall seedling got some direct sun the others did not get. Bad placement by me.
    IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2533.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Day 13:

So far they have had only water. I gave the tall one less light for the others to catch up in height.

They will get 1st feeding tomorrow.
    IMG_2865.JPG IMG_2866.JPG

8. Day 14:

1st feeding of general hydroponics nutrients and cal-mag per product instructions. They are looking very healthy.
    IMG_2914.jpg

9. #9 scubadvr40, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Day 17:

They loved the nutrient mix. They have very good root system. Transplanted into 6" pots. Gave them a feeding.

Tall plant - Snow White.

Short plant - Aurora Indicia - short strain will need 1-2 weeks additional veg over the SW (per research).

Plan to top them at 6th node and LST (low stress training).
    IMG_2989.JPG IMG_2994.JPG IMG_2995.JPG

10. Looking goo so far, what kind of light will you be flowering under?

• Like Like x 1
  11. thanks. 600w hps in 3x3 grow tent, 3 gallon pots.

as I get more experience with topping/lst/sc, plan is to do 2 plants per grow.

12. #12 scubadvr40, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Day 20:

Topped all plants at 6th node (one at 5th coz I did not do it correctly). Discovered its best to top using magnifying glass to see better. Only 2 were big enough to tie back.

Light feeding yesterday, light spray today after topping and tie-back. Changed to 20/4 light cycle.

1st image SN. 2nd image AI - loving shape of leaves on that one :)
    IMG_3004.jpg IMG_3006.jpg

13. Day 31:

Girls are growing well and looking very healthy. Feeding nutes per instructions.

SW 1st image.

AI 2nd image. Topped all nodes and tied down today. This is a slower growing strain compared to the SW.
    IMG_3011.JPG IMG_3014.JPG

14. Day 36:

Transplanted into 3 gallon pots. LST'd them to form an even canopy.

Now under FOUR 40-watt daylight fluorescent bulbs on 18/6 light cycle.

They are responding extremely well to the nutes, growth is speeding up fast.

1st image SW. 2nd image AI.
    IMG_3045.JPG IMG_3044.JPG IMG_3046.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 51:

I've made 2 big mistakes.

Around day 36, I decided to look up the soil I am using on the internet. To my horror, the soil included plant food. I gave the girls a good flush and stopped feeding. They are doing pretty good!

2nd mistake was transplanting into 3 gallon pots too soon. I'll need to transplant again sometime soon into 5 gallon pots. I wanted final size pots to be 3 gallons.

Am waiting for 1st grow to finish up - probably a week or so to go - so I can put these girls into grow tent.

Last week I gave them a light lollipop in hopes it slows down growth a little. Seems to have worked. Kept up with lst. Today I gave them their 1st real lollipop.

1st image Snow White, 2nd and 3rd Aurora Indica.
    IMG_3094.JPG IMG_3097.JPG IMG_3098.JPG