Snow Leopard on PC Guide

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by aman_weedman, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Hello, as most of you know Snow Leopard is out!. Its well supported for Macs, but hey why not PC's? Well thats about to change. Here is a quick guide to help you get up to date with latest release of Snow Leopard on PC in its 64 bit gloryness.

Tekno Junkie Snow Leopard on PC Guide

Here the link to the guide I made. :wave:

2. Why in the world would you want to do this? Just install windows 7 64 bit and save yourself a few hundred thousand bugs (yes, there are 638,012 currently document bugs in snow leopard) and the headache of patching and icing your ISO. There's no real exculsive features to Snow Leopard that will work with non-mac hardware. Like, multitouch won't work, hardware won't be supported and you won't be able to run windows stuff or games.

It's not worth the trouble really. If you want to get away from windows (which, with 7 coming, I have no idea why that would be, but whatever) just go with linux.

3. Why in the world would I want to do this?

1. It's way faster than my Macbook Pro. Yes, my 2009 17" Unibody Macbook Pro.

2. Software thats needed which is not on Windows, or its better in the Mac Environment

-Logic Studio 9
    -Final Cut Studio 3
    -Master Suite CS4
    -Pro Tools

3. Cheaper. Its a way cheaper root for a lot of people.
    4. Hardware is fully supported, Multi Touch works as well with the Wacom Tablet.

5. You are still able to run Windows stuff since it is a PC and you can still use VMWare or Parallels.
    6. There is far more bugs in Windows than there is in Leopard. Yes, Windows 7 is Kick ass, but many users prefer Mac for other things. I have the final version of Windows 7 retail in hands. And its awesome.
    7. Linux is way more harder to use than Leopard, the support provided from Apple for Snow Leopard is way more easier to get than Linux which open sourced based, and tons of different builds. People wouldn't just switch from Windows to Linux, when they want Mac. There is so many different uses from Linux to Mac.

Please send me the link where you read that Snow Leopard has 638,012 bugs.

4. #4 mscbuck, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
    Googling "snow leopard 638,012" doesn't even produce any results. I call bullshit, lol.

And he's just flat out wrong about the other things. Multi-touch works, hardware most definitley IS supported if you have the right hardware. Pretty much any Nvidia / ATI card now is supported, many of them out of the box. The advent of the Mac Pro basically allowed for third party PCI-E graphics card installation, so of course OSX will support them. All the times I've made a Hackintosh, it has supported cards as old as a Radeon 9600, to newer Nvidia 9xxx cards. I've bought most of my PC hardware with OSX/hackintosh not in mind, and I have still just ended up unintentionally making a hackintosh compatible PC.

And of course you can run Windows stuff, just dualboot? Might as well get the best of both worlds with a Windows 7 / OSX Snow Leopard dual boot.

5. Couldn't have said it better myself. I am too running both Windows 7 and Snow Leopard. All I can say is Mac Rocks the shit out of PC!

I'm not a big fan of Apple, but there software surely does kick ass!

time for some... :smoke:

6. Man this is some good news, thanks so much for the guide. I knew that operating a mac OS was possible on a PC, but wasnt sure to what extent. If I can operate some Mac exclusive software such as Final Cut, that is huge news for me. I am building a new PC in a few months and was considering getting a much less powerful Mac just for Final Cut and multimedia use but decided on building a sweet PC. Bookmarked!