Snitchin, in a way??

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrismittty, Jan 11, 2013.

1. #1 Chrismittty, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    So, I bought a ring from ebay, and I will be honest, I expected it to be fake as shit, and it is. Listing said 14k Solid Gold. I looked at the price, thought no way, and still bid anyways.:poke:
    Who knows what China is capable of, cheap 14k, IDK, maybe??? Anyways, two weeks later, here the POS is on my doorstep looking fake as hell and plated as shit. I am sure the "garnets" I ordered are red glass, actually 100% sure, and the complaints just keep piling on.

Now, since it is fraud to sell mismarked gold, and I myself could be prosecuted for trying to sell this ring, that is marked 14k but so clearly is not. I could possibly get in some thick just for ordering it. Do I turn the seller in to ebay and help clean up the streets? Or should I Say fuck it, I only lost 20 or so bucks, and I learned the info I wanted too. I only plan on reporting if he does deny me a return.
    I am in all of this because I like the real stuff, so what is bumping off a major Chinese seller that sells fake shit anyways? Ain't no thing right?

2. loool well u kinda figured it was fake so tech u set urself up for it :p
    I'd say just leave it alone u lost 20bucks but accomplished something..
    which was losing 20bucks..

3. I'd at least go for a refund, and if you want report the chinaman I wont judge you..wouldn't do that unless he refused to refund me though

4. it dont call it snitching if your getting fuck over . The only time i consider it snitching is when your telling on shit that aint non of your buisness.

5. If it was listed wrong, go for it.
    If you won't miss the 20$ all that much,
    it would be a waste of time...
    UNLESS you could somehow get
    a large lump sum.. so nahhhh.

6. #6 Chrismittty, Jan 11, 2013

That was the plan, if and only if he refused a refund. I forgot to add that I see, forgive me, just took some rips.

And the 20 ain't the issue, just felt it made a diff in the story, like between me buying my gal a 2000000 dollar engagement ring, and a 20$ experiment via eBay.

Basically, Reporting him if a refund is a no-no, is a go-go?

7. in the immortal words of tupac, I aint mad at ya :smoking:

8. Give negative feedback, file a complaint with ebay and paypal for item not as described. As a buyer, the seller cannot give you negative feedback, nor can they give you a "false positive".

I bet paypal will eventually refund you.

9. If you're able to prove to ebay that shit is fake, by all means report the seller and you'll get your money back and a scammer off the market.

10. #10 Chrismittty, Jan 11, 2013
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT SO FAR! THANKS SO MUCH BLADES!!!

Yep and yep, those were my plans, Dunno about slapping a neg, I mean, if I am not gonna report him.
    Thanks, Good ta see the rules in a form other than ebays wording.

Now I feel like I set this dude up. I have a guilty conscious toward getting ripped off...Jeeeze. Come walk all over me guise!!!

Proving it is fake, That is the easy part....Tha hard one is reading what the seller replies with, it literally looks like ##*&##@#!!#$@!#! in text from.

11. Why not slap a neg? If you're worried about him giving you a neg, he can't.
    That option was removed for sellers a few years ago. I'd neg and I'd nick those stars also.

The only possible negative thing is if you make a habit of handing out negs. Smart sellers will look up your feedback given on Toolhaus. I look up all of my bidders for a higher end item. Toolhaus tells me if the bidder is a constantly trying to rip off sellers. If I see a piece of shit buyer that has given multiple negs to good sellers, I cancel his bid and add them to my blocked bidder list. No smart seller will cancel your bid because you gave a single neg to a bullshit Chinese seller.

12. I know I can't get one back, but still, I guess you are right. I need to use this toolhaus, I am an upandcoming seller on there, with alot of higher end merchandise, so sounds like I needa take this to PM with ya man. If that is cool and all:wave::smoking:

13. Toolhaus.org

You enter in the bidders ID and it tells you all the negative feedback that that person has ever given. You see scumbags that have a pattern of leaving negs trying to get the item for free, partial refunds, manipulate sellers or if they are in general just a pain in the ass.

I set my buyer requirerments to block bidders:
    Don't have a paypal account.
    Have 2 (min ebay allows you to block) unpaid item strikes in 12 monthes
    Have shipping address in location I don't ship.
    Have 4 policy violation reports within 6 monthes.
    Has a feedback score of -1 or worse (this is actually pretty pointless because buyers can' get neg.)

If you don't provide a tracking number, you might as well give it away.
    For high end items you should require signature confirmation.
    I personally only sell to people in the lower 48, less BS.
    Even if you say no returns, that doesn't mean ebay won't make you refund if buyer claims item not as described.
    Also, if it's a high end item, I will sometimes cancel the bid of someone with a new ebay account. I know everyone has to start somewhere. They can buy a few packs of rolling papers like I did.

Feel free to ask me any seller questions. I'm just a casual, part-time seller, but I got addicted to lurking in the ebay seller forums for a while.

14. #14 Vicious, Jan 11, 2013
    Good grammar. Good advise.

I endorse this post.

Slap him with that negative feedback, you got a bunk item. It's part of the buyer's responsibility, if I were to buy from him, I would be sure to give it a second thought if I had seen your feedback. If not, there's a good chance I would end up in your shoes.

15. snitches get stiches

16. #16 Vicious, Jan 11, 2013
    You're on the street and you see someone you know shot in cold blood, you're not particularly close to that person but you happen to be with his friends. You saw the shooter and can identify him. What do you do?

What were talking about in this thread is more or less business, I don't want to derail this thread but I'm curious, what do you consider snitching?

17. #17 Chrismittty, Jan 11, 2013
    Fuck yeah man, I appreciate this. So much. And meee too with the lower 48 only. No PO, APO, Alaska or even Hawaii. Sorrry, just haven't got much time for bullshot.

So if you sold me a fake ass ring, claiming it was solid gold, you'd promote someone leaving me needing to get "stitched up" if I turned you in??? .....?

"I cheat peeps, and when they figure it out I bully them into not telling by means of scare tactics"
    Is that ethical sounding to you?

You'd have never thought the word snitch had I not used it in the thread title. Now carry on...

Very true, I guess you guys are right. In a way, I am responsible in a way since your average consumer does not have testing equipment or acids lying around at hand, and I do, and have found the sellers goods to be illegitimate..

PS:
    I'm sure my grammar sucks, and my appologies, I am higher than my own good and that is normally when I think to ask questions on here. One day I am going to ask you to help me work on mine:smoking:

18. Yes you should definitely make sure to tell eBay.

Maybe you have no problem losing 20 bucks, but a young girl spending her Christmas money or birthday money would be very upset to be jipped. 20 dollars for a fake ring?!?

19. #19 Vicious, Jan 11, 2013
    Not even noticeable. If its not atrocious and you're making an effort, you're fine. I look it over with more known people but when you see someone typing in a dialect or overly abbreviating/omitting letters. It's a killer, it completely destroys a poster's credibility and looks illiterate, even if they're giving decent information, if you present it in an uneducated way, it won't be taken serious. Even more so if the post/information is trivial. On the other hand, when I see a newer user who contributes and has communication skills I become ecstatic. Even if I'm very blunt in what I say, I type with the reader in mind, it's more than just good etiquette.

I'd go as far to say if you don't take the time to write/type decently, that it's disrespectful to the readers and a forum isn't the proper medium for such people.

I didn't mean to rant or go off topic, it's just a personal belief. It's something I notice and hold in high esteem. I point out/rep good grammar a lot more than I call out someone for poor typing, although at times I'll politely inform them that they would seem more credible or educated if they would take time to proof-read and edit. 9 times out of 10 they take offense and I look like an asshole.

20. Yeah, I follow that logic.
    I'm glad others see why I would wanna report a listing and item like this, HELL IT'S MARKED 14KT and MY testing and jeweler says nah. I trust us. My own test showed It couldn't handle 10kt acid, so its obviously not 14k.

Also No, I would never choose to just waste 20, just in this particular case, I had a feeling I was tossing it down the gutter. It's worth the knowledge in my business too. I guess the other half of the lesson is so others know its a scam, since there are plenty of 20$ gold rings on eBay that ARE REAL.

It's all good man, I appreciate some people care about things that seemingly don't matter to others. I understand your point, in fact I think I agree fully.
    It's one thing to jokingly type like a shithole for amusement purposes, but to just be that sloppy and not give a damn. Nah. I try to make what I type user-friendly, or as understandable as possible.