SNES vs. Genesis

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Deleted member 126965, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I liked to scream "SEGA!" at people as a kid, all because of a little system called the Genesis (and Sega's silly-yet-effective ads). Yes, with it's "blast processing" and a little help from a "certain blue hedgehog", Sega really gave Nintendo a run for it's money in the early nineties. I think though, compared to the Super Nintendo, it often gets a bad rap for being the "inferior" console.

I love the Hell out of the NES and SNES, don't get me wrong, but I remember fondly games like:

[​IMG]
    Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition.....

[​IMG]
    ...or Comix Zone.

So with all the people who play favorites to the SNES, I'm dawning the age-old question for the people of GrassCity.com to decide: Which had the better selection of games? Which side did YOU choose to fight for in the 16-bit wars: Sega or Nintendo?

My vote, of course, goes to the Genesis. The games seemed WAY more creative to me, and I also think that while the SNES had some VERY challenging titles, on average Genesis bred the much harder titles.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm gonna have to go with sega on this. The two games i have pictured are some of my favorite... but this next one is my SHITTT

[​IMG]

I still play this game to this very day. I got a fucking FC3 Plus which has NES, SNES, and Genesis all in one, which was around 40-50$. Gunstar Heroes is and will always be, my most favorite game of all time.

SEGA!!!!!

3. Aladdin for SEGA Genesis - I still know the cheat code to skip levels. ABBA ABBA

[​IMG]

4. Well I grew up as a kid in the 90's. And my dad had a old sega. Thats what I grew up on till 2000.

5. I favor the Genesis Also, but I don't have the time to post any pictures. My personal favorite games are. Mario Andretti Racing and Mighty Morphing Power Rangers The Movie.

6. Snes ftw

mario bros. that is all.

7. I wanted Power Rangers: The Movie (the game... uh... the movie game?) so frickin' bad as a kid, but my parents got me the crappy fighting edition for Christmas instead. I was the biggest Power Rangers fan EVER, even when MMPR became "gay" as my classmates put it (back when gay was a funny new word to us. In second grade.)

That shit-balls fighting game actually may be the entire REASON the Power Rangers became uncool to me.

Except for Kimberly. She was hot.

8. Snes had
    [​IMG]

Sega had
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tough call really...I'm gonna have to vote for SNES just because I owned many of them but I never owned a genesis

9. Snes;
    Lttp
    Super Metroid
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario rpg
    Chrono Trigger
    Star Ocean

Genesis;
    Sonic
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles

They both had classics. My ruling, Snes. Growing up I had, Genesis.

10. tough, but man, I loved my sega.
    :smoke:

11. #12 chronictonic, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
    I played the SNES during my childhood. But the SNES has some great titles.

-All the Donkey Kongs.
    -Megaman
    -Zelda
    -Final Fantasy
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Clay Fighter
    -Star Fox
    -Mario RPG
    -The whole Mario series
    -Yoshis Island.
    -Shit, I forgot this one, Mortal combat. Not sure if it was out for both consoles or not.

But the Sega platform did have Sonic and that altered beast game was the shit!

Ah, the good ol days...

12. what game is this!

[​IMG]

13. "Eternal Champions" for Genesis

14. #15 Dr RealGood, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    Does anyone remember the SEGA Nomad? It was like the GameGear (witch was light years ahead of it's time with the back-lit screen) but it took the same cartridges as the Genesis. You could plug it into your TV with RCA cables and play on the big screen. Fucking Incredible for the times (1995). The next hand held game system that played the same video game as the Main console wouldn't be brought back into the spotlight until the PSP, 10 years later in 2005. And 10 years is a long freaking time when you are talking about technology.

[​IMG]

15. Sega is like the PS3 of today comparing to SNES as Nintendo Wii. Games were more action packed and mature. SNES never made anything as cool as Gollden Axe.

16. SNES...but genesis has sonic....and of course NOTHING, nothing, beats some good old streets of rage on genesis.ahhh that's a tough one, im really surprised the poll isn't closer.

17. Definitely the Genesis, and by 'Genesis' I mean 'Mega Drive' cause that's what it was called over here in Europe and also in Japan.
    I was a SEGA kid. The Mega Drive was my first ever console and is still probably the console I play on most still (except through emulators). In my eyes the classic Sonic games were the best platform games ever bar none. It also had the really quirky games like Road Rash, Streets of Rage, Decap Attack etc.

18. I liked the SNES better but the Sega had Toejam and Earl :D:D:D just had to get both :smoke:

19. Toejam and Earl = The Shit.