Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sneezing After Inhaling

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by -€®G1Θ, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Last night as I was hitting the bong, I had this big urge to sneeze while I had smoke in me. I couldn't help it and just sneezed. I was coughing like a mother fucker, but after that I noticed I was like 5x higher than before. It felt like i gave myself a shotgun, it was awesome! lol

Has anyone tried this? If you ever have to urge to sneeze while you got smoke in you, just do it.

2. as soon as i read this post i was like NO WAY.
    i'll literally sit there smoking bowls and i'll have insane sneezing fits, it sucks cuz its so annoying but afterwards... you are way more lit forsure.

3. Strange thing, when I get really really high I always have to sneeze, and I mostly quit there.
    If I toke up more after that point I get a full couch lock.

Please tell me more people have this because I find it to be wierd.

4. Wow I'm deffinetly going to try doing this one day!

5. Yeah, last night I purposely made myself cough like a bitch by taking massive hits off my pipe. It really does get you so much higher. (opens up pores in the lungs or something?)

6. There is a small bit of science behind both this, and coughing. Picture what your lungs go through during a sneeze or a cough. During those rapid and (more importantly) exaggerated movements, your lungs are manipulating any potential remaining cannabinoid residue as they stretch and shrink, expand and contract, promoting the slightly faster absorption of any active elements which may remain.
    Much of the potency you inhale is absorbed almost instantly, but consider the resin accumulation on a pipe. There are still traces left which, during the few moments immediately following your hit, remain to be absorbed.

Encouraging coughing or sneezing during or after a hit, in the hopes of achieving the above effect can be problematic, and should be avoided. Once you mentally allow yourself to do so, when you'd otherwise try not to, coughing while smoking can quickly become a habit which you have no control over. Taking a decent amount of time off from smoking in general is often the only way to break that habit.
    Instead, practicing proper breathing and lung positioning during your inhales can help to improve your experience in the same way, without encouraging a chronic cough.