Sneaking Goodies on to a Cruise Ship

Discussion in 'General' started by Jack69123, Jun 1, 2017.

1. #1 Jack69123, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2017
    Hello,
    In a time period which I do not wish to specify in the interest of anonymity I will be going a cruise to Mexico. It is a Carnival Cruise that departs and ends in Los Angeles, and goes to a few towns in Mexico. I would like to sneak some goodies on board with methods that I am outlining below. If anyone has any suggestions/improvements/constructive criticism/praise I would love to hear it. If anyone has went of a cruise before/worked with X-rays/worked in security before that's even better!

General Question:
    -To my understanding in terms of security for carry-ons your bag goes through an x-ray and you (your person) goes through a metal detector, correct? Or is your person actually X-rayed like an airport?
    -Are there any drug dogs used for passengers/carry-ons? I know that some ports/ships use them for luggage but I am not too sure about them being used for passengers.
    -If there are dogs, because California has recently legalized recreational marijuana will they still be trained to detect for marijuana? I remember reading an article when Washington first legalized that they were having issues un-training their dogs to detect for marijuana. Because it is a port going to other countries it is iffy over if they would be un-trained or not, or if the police would even bother doing so.

Sneaking Methods:
    -Edibles: I live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal. For this I plan on buying an edible, removing it from the packaging, tossing it in a ziploc bag, putting it in a gallon bag with several other snacks, and sending it through the X-ray in my carry-on bag. If I do see dogs would be to just eat it at the port and ditch the bag; my only concern is they may still alert due to the residues.

-Beer: On Carnival you are allowed one 12 pack of cans of "Soda". My plan would be to open up a 12 pack of pepsi, replace the cans that are not visible from the outside with beer, and super-glue the pack back together. Send through X-ray with carry on (I don't imagine they can actually see the outside of the soda cans on the X-ray right?).

-One Bottle of Champagne: Allowed one bottle sealed on Carnival Cruise lines.

-Vodka: I plan on taking the cap off a bottle of mouth-wash (with the seal still intact), filling it up with vodka, using food coloring, and putting the cap back on. Put in checked luggage. This method is shown in the video link below. Other methods I have heard of are rum-runner containers (which I am sure cruise security is trained to look for). Using shampoo/conditioner bottles (I'm sketched on this because I'm sure the vodka splashes around different from actual shampoo/conditioner). And putting it in a wine bottle, re-sealing it (no idea how one would do that), and just putting it on your carry on.
    Video:

Any input would be appreciated, I am just really sketched about the edible because if a dog alerts I have worse things on me.

2. Dont bring anything back

3. #3 TayeMega, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    LMAO!! I love this. Seems like you really have a plan. It would be really hard for me to get over the mental hurdle of drinking colored booze out of a listerine bottle but the concept is awesome. Actually, buying Hennessy or Jack and buying the brownish listerine may work better to avoid using food coloring. Unfortunately, I havent personally tried either of these but I appreciate the share. I can say that the water bottle trick is very risky and dont really attempt to do that. Outside of that, I'll just up this thread for more experienced Cruise Ship smugglers lol.

I'll just sit back and take some notes..

[​IMG]

4. Does that mean I am good on the way out though? The edible would be consumed while on the cruise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. In bag you check not carry on i have done it . Don't bring anything back

If you cant do the time dont do the crime

• Like Like x 1
  6. what he said.....dont get caught and snitch on everyone on this forum lol

7. I would put any FLOWER in a double zip lock and tape it to your leg when you go in. Easily conceal a qtr to half Oz this way several times on a plane I have.

Edibles are easy. Stash them like a snack and bag em. Worst case scenario (highly unlikely) they HAVE and TAKE the time to search your bag. Keep in mind here WEAPONS AND BOMBS are what they are looking for. Not Marijuana on a closed ship.

IF THERE IS A DOG I WILL BE THOROUGHLY SURPRISED & HE WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO SNIFF EACH BAG OR PERSON. If this is a real issue for you I would run your carryon with bud and wash it off with a rag. Keep nothing illegal in your carry on and WORST CASE SCENARIO the dog hits on your clean bag and looks illegitimate.

As far as alcohol, I personally wouldn't risk anything seeing as the ship will have a shit ton.

They will be running over 200 people's items through their scanners as you board the ship. They are looking for oblong weapons and do not specialize in finding baggies of weed and edibles.

100% do not import from Mexico. That is federal. And on a second note, buy a plastic flask and inner thigh that bad girl too for alcohol smuggle. It's generally easy to leave America as an American with items and no interruptions. What IS NOT easy is doing time in the penn. Be wise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

8. FYI to reseal a wine bottle you buy a new cork and expose it to heat once it's inside the nose opening of the wine bottle.

9. Damn just throw an oz, some edibles and a 30 pack of buddy light you'll be good to go. Forget all that James Bond junk :smoke: trust me man, I knew a fed 10 years ago.

10. Negative ghost rider. Do not do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Never under estimated the dog i had weed in the safe withmy wallet during the cruise going though customs back in the states a drug dog bit me on my ass took me to the front of the line real fast searched me and my wife and our bags found nothing asked bunch questions said his dog didn't make mistakes finally had to let us go wife raised hell she dont smoke . Most memorable thing about that cruise we talk about it everytime we go though customs . Never bring anything back

12. Makes me wonder, do cruise ships go out into international waters?
    if thats the case weed would be legal right?

13. Ok well that sucks haha. But still this is a very candid experience and thus why I suggested inner thigh and rubbing the outside of the bag with bud and washing it off.