SMOoVE: Purple Cindy: DWC: 400w Growshow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by smoove, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Is that just the 2 females you had left?? If so those Purple Cindy are gonna get big and really fill out your grow space. How far along in 12/12 are you??

Looking great SMOove!:wave:

2. damn man . . . sweet fuckin pics man, u set a bar for urself with that update. Shits awesome to look at.

As far as the actual op -- looks like ur gonna have hella buds dog, tops look like they're about to CREAM for u lol - shits lovely lovely

yeah the vibe of this thread has something to it . . . y'all feel that??

3. nice plants. how many you got? :D

4. Thanks xel!

...and yea Cali those are the 2 remaining females. They are slightly different phenos which I was kinda bummed about at first, cuz it's been really hard to train them evenly. Since my space is so tight I have to estimate where the tops will end up... and it's been a bitch because one grows fast with branches that spurt up at different times and the other is much slower all around. But... I'm actually stoked about it now because I have a good handle on training them now... and I think I'm gonna get a slightly different kind of bud out of the 2 phenos. We shall see. - Oh and about 12/12: they were switched over on the day I started this thread... so about 18 days now.

Thanks gone. Photography has actually been an on and off hobby of mine since way back in the days. Also, being a graphic designer I tend to focus on aesthetics and pay close attention to little details. I'm stoked you're feelin the vibes man... to quote the late Bradley Nowell (Sublime) "Lovin', is what I got, I said remember that..."
    :smoke:

tooking: 2 plants - 6 weeks old from seed.

5. lets not talk too much about free love AW's liable to get naked and noone wants that. :eek:

6. lookin very nice

whered u get those dudey little fans from?

7. damnpolice: $5.50 at Walmart. They're just barely strong enough to get the air flow I want.

8. nice training job man!

9. any new pics smoove??

10. Not that I know of. A lot of camera sensors can "see" infrared, because that's what they use to help focus, but I don't know of any makes/models that use UV.

More likely this is simply a case of the difference between reality and "perception". Our eyes have the ability to instantly adapt to the light color of the environment we're in. So a white piece of paper looks white regardless of the type of light it's under - outside, inside under flouros, under tungsten, etc. The light color has to be pretty extreme before we reach the point where we're not sure if the paper's really white or not.

Your camera doesn't have this ability. It will accurately record the colors that are really there - in this case the deep blues that are close to UV. Yeah, most cameras these days are programmed with an "automatic white balance" that's supposed to correct the problem. But as any professional photographer will tell you, AWB doesn't work worth a shit lol. So if you took a picture of that same piece of white paper, it would look blue-green, under flouro's, orange under tungstens, white in sunlight, and ice-blue in the shade.

11. CaliGrower: ;) Actually, I took some last night and just wanted to take a few more tonight. Lights turn on at 8:30pm(PST) and I'll try to have them posted by midnight.

Help_Needed: Well that makes perfect sense to me, thanks for your insight. I don't often use my camera's AWB function... instead, I use the preconfigured lighting options or when taking pics of the plants under HPS lighting I use a custom configuration in an attempt to replicate natural lighting.

GROW UPDATE:

I stopped training the plants a few days ago. Most of the tops were about even with the (scrog) wire or just a few inches above it. This morning they were 6"- 8" above the wire! I had to raise my light about 3" so now I have like 10" of wiggle room to allow for more stretching. *crosses fingers* *closes hands in prayer* *knocks on wood* *sacrifices heart of a young virgin* *thinks he took this too far*

The other day when I accidentally left the UV-lamp on for 5 hours, I noticed that the tops directly under the lamp had the least amount of stretch. So as a sort of experiment, I'm going to lower the UV-lamp and extend the exposure time while moving it over different sections of the canopy, in an attempt to slow down the stretching.

PICTURE UPDATES COMING NEXT POST:

12. Can't wait to see more pics..awesome grow! +rep

13. I'm curious how that uv movement will work out. By the by where did you pick up the uv lamp at, I think I missed it in my reading. :smoking:

14. This is a phenomenon that happens with hydro,
    since there is plenty of water for the plant to transpire.

When you have water on your leaves,
    and it looks like dew or a raindrops,
    your grow room is vapor pressure deficit,
    and you may get some spots on your leaves like this.
    [​IMG]

This is from high VPD, and not from any deficiency.

Vapor Pressure Deficit is a function of temperature and humidity.

It can be controlled, but it's not worth the effort.
    Keep the air circulating and it won't be a big problem.

[​IMG]

15. I get some pretty wet leaves too so I moved the fan so it blows more directly into the canopy and have not had as much wet spots as before

some of the leaves got a bit beat up, but such is life!

thankfully MJ is such a hearty plant it can survive my inexperience with hydro so far!

16. LOL! I don't think any training at this point will make one iota of difference as these Purple Cindy's have BIG in their genetics. I'd be looking for another crawl space if I were you. They will overshoot your light. Best be prepared.

17. pics homie, pics.

Im sure they're looking splendid!!!

18. Thanks for the posts guys I'm gonna have to reply to you in my next post though, cuz... Dang! I'm wasted and really sunburned right now... I said I was gonna post some pics yesterday but better late than never, right? I have some concerns about the grow I wanted to talk about too... but like I said I'm too messed up right now. :smoke:

I don't think these pics are as fun as the last ones... check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I must be :smoking: or are those some trich's develpoing?

20. the new growth around the flowers is sativa skinny, wild stuff i have to grow me some PC