Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with Chronic tonsilitis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by flfck, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Since I began smoking on a regular basis about a year ago I began getting severe tonsilitis. My tonsils are unually large to begin with and when I smoke they swell and give me bad sore throats for a few days. Sometimes they swell up so much that they touch, making it hard to swallow. I never got tonsilitis before I started smoking weed regularly, but now it is chronic and I have to get them taken out in August.

Is it possible that smoking caused my chronic tonsilitis and would my throat get better after I get them removed?

Just curious... any advice or knowledge would be helpful from someone that has simular problems.:wave:

2. Just get them removed

3. I am. It is going to be messy though. It is never a good sign when the ear nose and throat doctor says that they are probably among the worst tonsils he has ever seen.

4. My brther has extremely large tonsils 2 and he only smoked twice and then complained of a sore throat.

5. Yeah same here but I gotta sore throat 24/7. Did your brother only smoke 2 times ever or more?

6. Smoke the pain away

7. switch to a vaporizer ASAP.....it will eliminate most of the throat soreness you get from inhaling smoke

8. Thanks. I have been reading and doind my research on vaporizers and I am thinking about investing in one soon.

9. I would recommend a vaporizer.

I have heard very good things about the iInhale for a portable vape solution. I'm planning on getting one soon.

I own a Vapor Bros Hands Free vape and like it quite a bit.

It's worth getting a nice one.