Smoking with children

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by AsthmaticStoner, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Just had my son born last week. I stopped smoking about 2 months ago. The stress has been getting to me already and I'm just craving a nice toke at the end of each day. Just want some insight from other parents who smoked/didn't smoke with children/newborns. Obviously I wouldn't be doing it inside the house if I do end up grabbing a bag.

2. Get a vape

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have 2 sons, 29 and 31, and have been a weed smoker since the mid 60s. My wife wasn't too into it but would take a hit or two once and a while.
    When we found out she was pregnant she stopped smoking and drinking and hasn't really started either one again.
    I tried to keep my weed use a secret from the kids.......haha, remember when your parents tried to keep anything secret from you?
    Anyway, as laws have become more tolerant, they are aware I'm a smoker.
    My eldest is a nonsmoker while my youngest and I will catch a buzz together now and then...
    Just try to be a good parent and raise your kids to be tolerant loving individuals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. My mom wasn't the greatest and never really kept anything a secret from me. I knew Santa was fake by the age of 5. I just feel bad that I can smoke while my woman can not. Actually that's a lie because I told her I would stop once we found out she was pregnant. That was in December...I stopped smoking in June. I guess I have some kind of guilt to smoke again?

We live with her parents right now because we couldn't afford to live on our own with rent costing us $800 for a 1 bedroom. We weren't the most frugal couple ether when it came to money. We ate out a lot...and I mean a LOT. I honestly think we could live on our own before we had a child. But now I'm not so sure. We're only paying $200 a month in rent to stay at her parent's so I really can't complain.

HOWEVER, her mother is stressing me the fuck out. I'm thankful to have her assist us with raising our child...but I want to RAISE OUR OWN CHILD. Idk I guess it's just our personalities that clash? I'm more bottled up, keep to myself, laid back kinda guy and she's all hyper energetic and shit.

Honestly living with her parents isn't bad at all given how much money we are saving by doing so. I just keep telling myself to drudge through the drudgery and remind myself how much money we actually are saving. But that's the thing...I haven't saved a single dime since we moved in. The electric bill is $200+ every month, the water bill is just near $200. When we lived alone our electric never made it past $60 and our water was $30 tops. And they blame it all on us.

I got completely off topic but to get back on track...I really need some bud Q_Q

I have one. I would still vape outside.

5. Yup, kids are expensive................

6. #6 GorillaGherkin, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Buy a bag man your kid isn’t gunna remember. Your gunna need to be smoking when the kid hits like 2 years old. Kids are only cool from age 4-11 and 21+ In most cases

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I guess I feel like I won't be responsible if I'm smoking. But damnit it's my money and I'll spend it how I want!

8. If ya keep a job, take care of your wife emotionally, and help with the kid your good.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. People always say that about smoking until they hit 60, cant taste anything or breath correctly lol.

10. No but they can - and you also said your mother in law is stressing you out and you want to raise your own child -

So it sounds to me like it’s time to start saving for your own place. Stand on your own 2 feet. No it’s not easy but then again most good things aren’t.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. As long as you go out to do it and don't neglect your son I can't see a problem with it.
    I'm not a parent though only an aspiring social worker.
    Let your woman spark it she's gonna need it the most

12. I don't have kids yet, but my fiance and I plan to in about 5 or so years, while she is pregnant she is going to stop smoking and everything else which is definitely going to be hard on her the first couple months, but while I'm not going to say I am going to abstain for the entire time she is pregnant, I won't be smoking anywhere near her, more if I am over a buddies house or something. Once we have kids though I am sure we are both going to continue toking, just in more discrete ways. I know I am a lot better with my nieces when I am a little medicated

13. Grab a bag, you'll need a loft full of the shit if your kid ends up anything like mine..

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. just find a nice quiet peace spot to smoke you weed in ,,just dont smoke in the house or the room the kids going to be in ,,,mac,

15. Well we lived on our own for 2 years. We didn't manage our money very well during that time. Each year the rent was raised by $75 so we moved out paying $860 for a 1 bedroom. I was dipping into savings just to pay the rent. But now that I look back, I'd rather struggle like we did than to live with other people again. I was putting money away each paycheck while we were on our own. I had been saving 20% of my weekly checks for 7 years and ended up using it all just to pay rent each month. I remember one month we were 6 days late and ended up having to pay an extra $120 for late fees. That month was a huge struggle. Not to mention the $500 "pet fee" -___- As of right now I got about $800 saved up between my two savings accounts. I'm finally caught up on bills, got a budget figured out along with a spending amount. So it really is time to get the ball rolling once again.

Yes, I will always do it outside now that baby is here. The misses won't be able to indulge until baby is off breast milk. Who knows how long that will be! :(

Haha, I remember me and my lady talking about when we had planned to have kids; living in our own house, working good paying jobs, and being debt free. Boy were WE OFF LOL! I was pretty rude during her pregnancy. I would smoke around her and offer her hits for the first couple months (during pregnancy sickness mostly). Now that I look back I wish I would have been more courteous of the situation. I surely did cut down on my smoking though as the pregnancy went on. Agreed, I think I would be able to deal with stressful situations with baby if I had some medication in me. Not to say I'm not dealing with the baby well, I am. My lady keeps bringing up how much she can't wait to take that first hit again! :)

LOL, we're hoping we raise this kid right to be nice and good mannered. What's wrong with your children?

Agreed. We have a nice patio I can go sit down on outside to enjoy a few tokes.

16. Also it's been about 3 years since my grandmother has passed. Her estate is still left untouched mostly. I'd like to either stay in her house for a few months while we decide on a living situation. That or grab a buddy or two and have all of us help clean out the house so we can get it sold asap. The inheritance would be nice to have!

17. Yeah I already know how hard a time she is going to have so I know I gotta bite my tongue for a year, and I am really serious about her not smoking at all when pregnant so won't be smoking around her for that reason. But once the kid is born, back to smoking

18. My husband doesn't let me smoke at all when pregnant. Not that I would anyway lbvs. We go out to our R.V to smoke when our daughters are home but when they are gone we smoke in the house. I'm about to have my baby boy soon so then I can go back to getting high.

~Toni~

19. At my house, it was handled this way. We didn't hide it.

My husband smoked a pipe back then and liked to use different brands of tobacco, so the odor varied. So I just "smoked a different kind" in a cigarette and I would share it with my husband. By the time the boys were old enough to figure out that we weren't actually smoking tobacco, they treated it like "dad likes to walk around the house in his underwear" - just family information that you don't talk about.

Now, as adults, neither of my sons use cannabis. They simply do not enjoy the high. :confusedalt:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I was such a hands-on mom, helicopter mom according to my twins. My husband always worked long hours. I was a stay at home mom most of the time, working part time and going back to school part time. The way my body responds to weed, I personally think smoking back then would've hindered me. I had to be on my toes, ready at a moment's notice. No chance for chillin' or couch lock. I didn't start smoking until my kids were in college.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1