Smoking with a sploof

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddeh, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I don't think I made mine properly. If its supposed to make it smell like dryer sheets it failed. It smells like dryer sheets and pot. My dad and my sister came home so I called my sister in to ask her if it smells. Soon as she stepped near the doorway I saw a look on her face like "Yep, it smells like pot". My dad is eating in the kitchen so I lit a candle and sprayed shit. Is there something I am missing? Maybe I made it wrong.

I got a towel holder put 2 dryer sheets over the top. Got a rubberband around the towel holder to make the dryer sheets stay on. Put 3-4 Dryer sheets inside. Blew my smoke through that. Maybe its the smoke coming from the bowl when its roasting. Idk

2. sploofs suck man im tellin you rofl, they jus dont work that well too many flaws witht hem like u said the smoke comming off the bowl..

also keep in mind the ddevice u jus smoked outta is gonna retain a smell too lol..

3. Aside from incense (which are blatantly obvious) it's pretty hard to cover up the smell of pot.

Just smoke outside.

edit: 3,333 posts, woot.

4. Man, smoke in the shower, just get the bathroom real steamy by keeping the shower at the hottest setting then once you see that its real steamy, block the bottom of the door with a towel, then smoke by your fan and then take a shower, use lots of soap/shampoo, dry up do whatever you do, by the time you're all done, the smell is all gone, works everytime.

5. You need to use more sheets. I wrap 10 around the top with a rubber band, and shove 10 balled up inside the tube, works great.
    Just dont breathe in while on the tube, itl make you cough.

6. yeah sploofs aren't that effective, but I use them anyway. They do cut down the smell a little, but not an incredible amount. I always use the sploof and spray stuff. A fan is also really good. Plus you just smoked, so yeah it will smell. Give it 10-15 mins for the smell to go away with the sploof, spray , and fan.

7. I use a sploof, but its heavy duty, its a a paper towl roll with as many dryer sheets in it as i can get and then i put it inside some heavy wool socks. like 3 pairs of socks. Then smoking with a g-bong and blowing in my sploof, after holding it basically to the point of ghosting. Produces basically no smell as longer as your careful lighting the g-bong and sucking the smoke in from the bottle, making sure the whole bowl is toast so it wont keep smoking and not letting any smoke out when you take the bowl off and start inhaling. Add a fan blowing out the window and some air spray and your set. Someone can walk in a minute later and could not tell that you had been smoking. :smoke: that was only if i was to indulge in nefarious activietes of course...

8. Sploofs help a lot, but they aren't 100% effective. You should still air out the room by opening the window and turning on a fan, and blow the hits out the window. Also cap the bowl so no extra smoke escapes and try not to cherry it.

9. i use sploofs all the time, never had a problem with anyone noticing, even after exhaling like less than 10 seconds before somebody came into my room

i take a roll, put in about 4 or 5 inside and one on the outside and tie it together..doesnt smell like weed at all

2 things that may affect the effectiveness are that 1: the quality/strength of the dryer sheets -ive noticed major differences between brands, and 2: after a while the dryer sheets wear out and u gotta replace them

also, if your eltting smoke come off the bowl then of course it will still smell like weed. u have to put the bowl out after each hit or cache it

10. The best sploof is an OdorSok. Get the smallest one and use it. Absolutely NO odor ever!

4" OdorSoK

11. you dont tie it to the paper towel roll you fill the paper towel roll with 4 or 5 dryer sheets. you could also spray the inside with air freshener too. if you are worried about smoke, a gravity bong like the vortex makes the least smoke.

12. Just smoked a nice little j! Feeling baked

13. ^ Impressive bump. Nearly 4 year old topic :L

14. It actually works if you do it right. Load a HIT at a time so no smoke trails off the bowl, hold it in and blow through sploof. Did this for years when I lived with my parents, never smelled like bud, I was smoking some chronic too:smoking:

15. got a question. can you use used dryer sheets or do they have to be new? and if they were new for the sploof, can you still use the dryer sheets for laundry afterwards?

16. Use new and decent dryer sheets, don't get shitty ones.

Go to walmart and get some wrapping paper. Take the paper off and stuff the shit outta that roll.

After 7 or 8 uses they will have a brownish tint and you may have to replace some of the sheets.

17. u need to use like 15-20 dryer sheets, and stuff more than half inside the tube rather than over the end.

18. #18 FrankDaTank89, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    Guys there is one main key to a sploof that you are missing here. It is how you are smoking. You HAVE to make sure it is bowl small enough to take in one hit. Then clear all of the smoke out and keep it inhaled as long as you can. Then blow into sploof.

It seems like the majority of people using sploofs are doing this wrong. The main point of smell is going to come from any smoked not inhaled. Even if it is just for a sec as you try to kill the cherry.

If you do this right, say in ventilated bathroom you don't even need febreze.

Edit: Sorry Han, just saw you said the same thing :/ so ditto that.

19. Where is the thread that gets bumped every year on the dot?

20. You should put a wet sock or hand towel inside it.