Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking with a cold.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grass man420, Nov 1, 2011.

1. whats up GC. my fellow weed conniseurs. lol i got a nasty cough, it sucks and now a runny nose as well, its a really harsh cough. but the thing is i just grabbed some beautiful bud for the month and i really wanna get high but i dont want to hurt my lungs more. so my question is whats the best way to smoke it with the least negative effects on my cough? btw fuck edibles, i dont feel like baking some cookies or something, i figure i'l just haev to suck it up and smoke anyways lol tyvm:wave::smoke::hello:

2. Vape. Smoking will irritate your throagt and lungs, and make it harder for your body to rid bacteria.

I've noticed my colds stay longer when I smoke. So I'll not smoke a few days, drink tons of water and OJ, and try to sweat as much as possible so I can enjoy a good stoning without the annoying couch or sneeze.

3. yeah thats what i figured a vaporizer. but the thing is i don't have one. i had one that pluged into the wall, but its gone now unfortunately:eek:.

4. I abstain when I have a cold and I do right now. Had one for 3 days. The first night I thought I would just tough it out like you're doing, cuz I too just got some really good stuff from a friend. Smoked and woke up the next day 10x worse. Not gonna do that anymore. If your body is sick, give it a rest for a day or two. Best part is that while you're getting better, your tolerance shrinks, so when you finally feel back to your old self, you can celebrate by getting retarded high. :) Haha, peace.

5. hmm maybe i just shouldn't smoke then. but i'm mostly gonna have to tonight or i wont be able to sleep hahaha

6. Vape all the way buddy.

7. It'l make you feel better if you smoke bud while sick. Cannabinoids are actually very good at helping you fight sickness.

8. Maybe I'm one of the few that isn't bothered by smoking with a cold.

I usually just take smaller hits and everything is good. And it also helps me forget about feeling shitty!

9. I have severe insomnia as well. Ended up drinking a shitload of nyquil to sleep at night, due to the lack of weed, but still havent slept worth the shit, maybe 3-4 hours a night, constant nightmares on nyquil too lol. Even a vaporizor gives me a sinus infection when Im sick for some reason. Always been real sensitive to allergies and shit. Its up to you, but I think a few days off the herb will do you good and you'll appreciate it more in a few days. All up to you friend.

10. Disregard this post. Like I said the flemm will prolong the mucus.

11. Uhhhh, phlegm and mucus are the same thing. ;)

12. #13 TeamLemke420, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    Disregard this post. Like I said, the bud will make you feel better. phlegm or no phlegm.

Cannabinoids interact directly with the cb-1 receptors in your immune system. This has an anti-inflamitory, anti-viral, and pro-immune system effect.

{Cannabinoids are the active ingredient in weed, THC is one of the cannabinoids}

13. Disregard this user^
    He's a dick.

That said, when I have a sore throat I usually go for a few small bowls as opposed to one big one.
    Little fresh snaps are the way to go.
    Ice water in the bong can help too.
    Plus the more water you drink, the better you'll feel.

14. Vaping is the way to go, but why not just wait a week? And have a lower tolerance to get messed up!

15. mostly because i wont be able to sleep. insomnia more strikes on my second day of no tokes. i thinks its because , i read somewhere that cannibanoids stay in your brain for two days after you smoke and the rest of your body for months, this makes sense because like i said if i dont smoke a day the first day i will be able to sleep but not great but the second day i wont be able to hardly sleep at all. make sense? :p