Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed too much.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Greggo94, Jan 12, 2014.

1. It seems like almost every person on this board smoke constantly and are high 24/7 or they want to be. For me man I just can't do it. I smoke every couple of days to really have deep chill session and just relax and almost meditate on my life and contemplate things or sometimes I just smoke to get baked as fuck but if I smoke a few days in a row I feel like I can't get anything done and I feel unproductive and the high is no longer a "special feeling". I kind of feel like its looked down upon around here to not want to be high all the time. Like I don't appreciate the plant if I don't want to be fucked up all day every day. Does anyone else feel the same?

2. #2 the_tobzster, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    Yep. I have exactly the same feeling as you man. Weed is so much better in moderation, the high is better, having better self control. You feel like you earned it. I don't have anything against people that smoke all day everyday, if you want to do, do it! But I definitely feel the same as you, makes you appreciate it so much more.

I always like to think of it like the first time you go skiing (in my case snowboarding), after having not done it in a long time. THAT feeling is so amazing and bliss, it's so worth it, the time you took before doing it again.

3. The definiton of an addiction is " Doing something frequently in a way that interrupts the normal remedies of your life. "  Secure that and moderation and you should be fine bro

4. Respect man, thats how you should be thinking

5. I agree, I used to do it 3-5 times a day for 2 years and was stuck in a little cloud of bleh. I quit for a month and now do it 1-2 a week.

6. I smoke weed everyday, but I could careless if anyone else does or not. I don't think anyone is really looking down on anyone just because they smoke less often?I don't really smoke "for fun". I smoke to help with my anxiety and to help me sleep, along with a few other reasons. The fun is just kind of a plus. If I did smoke for fun, I doubt I'd smoke every day.

7. #7 Greggo94, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    I didn't really think from the medical aspect. I guess I should have seeing as this is a medical board.

8. #8 Cobra Commander, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    I smoke multiple times daily, It's as simple as enjoying frequent drug use, even if you consider it avoiding reality, because the reality is questionable. And pretty fucking bleak in terms of human awareness, It just keeps playing real life monopoly.

9. Sometimes I go to work high sometimes and go out to clubs or go do some activities but I guess for doing things like school work and important conversations I feel like I am not working to my full potential. But on the other side of the coin when I am baked I feel like I can explore my conscienceness and myself much more effectively and examine my life more objectively.

10. It's important to remember that cannabis isn't always a recreational intoxicant. A lot of people on this board don't smoke to get totally fucked up high, but because it's their medicine! Most medicines are taken as a daily dose :) happy smoking!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

• Like Like x 1
  11. To each his own man, sounds like you've figured out what works for you. I HAVE to blaze at least once or twice a day personally

12. [quote name="Greggo94" post="19328177" timestamp="1389565780"]It seems like almost every person on this board smoke constantly and are high 24/7 or they want to be. For me man I just can't do it. I smoke every couple of days to really have deep chill session and just relax and almost meditate on my life and contemplate things or sometimes I just smoke to get baked as fuck but if I smoke a few days in a row I feel like I can't get anything done and I feel unproductive and the high is no longer a "special feeling". I kind of feel like its looked down upon around here to not want to be high all the time. Like I don't appreciate the plant if I don't want to be fucked up all day every day. Does anyone else feel the same?[/quote] glad im not the only one, bro. :smoking:Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I don't perceive a negative connotation on the boards about those who don't consume cannabis daily...anywho I smoke everyday only at night after 7pm, usually two sessions with 2-2.5 bowls worth of diggity dank, I never go to work/class high, but I do need to smoke at least once a day, just my kind of way to wind down the day

14. moderate use is probably the best way yo enjoy cannabis. There are a lot of moderate cannabis users, but most of them don't bother posting on forums like this one. 

You still have to consider that many persons use it daily, but in small doses that don't affect how they function.

15. #15 Nerd139, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    Yeah I never notice people tripping over people that dont smoke every day. There are people who are very proud of their every day use (or really wish they could do it every day) though and dont like it when people challenge that and act like it's a bad thing.

I loved to smoke every day. I cant get high all day because my body just wont let me be high. I can only get high twice a day.

I'd do it all day if I could.

Only time I cant really be high is when I am studying. I get forgetful when high and unless something is already committed to memory I will forget it. Though I can do assignment while high. Especially writing assignments. Love when those creative juices are flowing.

You found what works for you. Nothing to be ashamed of. Getting high is a hobby.

There are plenty of those who only do it in small amounts.

Use it as much as you like I say unless it starts affecting your life negatively. 

• Like Like x 1
  16. I currently smoke a couple times a day, but I think that's mostly attributed to dealing with my parents. I love them very much and we get along great, but as any adult would probably mostly agree, it's hard being back in the nest, as it were. I'm only living here temporarily, but smoking is how I get away. Human reality as we know it is not as fun on an everyday basis as the exploration of your own mind. I live in the Appalachian foothills on a 50 acre hilltop farm and I absolutely love sitting outside overwatching the land and animals and, maybe even more so, watching the sky travel over a nice warm bowl or two. The revelations come and go, but I love the fact that I always know where to find them.

Now, I get reeeaalll fucked up on a more rare occasion, but I keep that to a minimum. Strict moderation, if you will. Normally, I just get a decent little high and go on about my rat killin'. Lol.

17. The word "medical" is in front of the forum titles :p

18. I smoke all day every fuckin day and I think it's just the bees knees. But it's fine if you're just an occasional toker, no one looks/talks down to you on here for that. We're all one family, held together by the ganja. 

19. I feel you. I'll smoke late at night on weekdays maybe 3 out of 5 days. Weekends i end up smoking once in the morning and calling it a day. Most of the it's only one day of the weekend so I'm not shot on Mondays.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I quit smoking weed, but do still grow.