Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking weed to numb out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenpoet, Jun 13, 2011.

1. what are your opinions on using weed to numb out. I never used to use pot in order to block out emotions. i alwaysjust used it as a social fun thing. lately ive been smoking to numb out issues in my life. its beacome the only thing that is able to make me smile and feel happy and care free. Do you think this is a bad thing? have you ever used weed to numb out or to deal with issues? was that temporary? did it help at all? opinions? stories? insight?

2. It's not a bad thing to do, for awhile. I'll let you know right now from first hand experience, using drugs to mask your emotions and problems makes them worse. This is how you step up to new drugs, weed isn't masking the feelings, so maybe oxycodone will, then heroin. Ya follow?

See a therapist or feel free to PM me. I was where you're at right now and I'm telling you, after being mostly drug free, and talking about the problems, it makes life 100% easier.

3. sounds like you are depressed. get some antidepressants. much love

4. antidepressants do not solve the root problem of depression neither does weed, they only change the way you feel. if your upset about things you talk about them with others that care. life shouldnt be sad, and you can always change your situation.:D :smoke:

5. I agree, everyonce in a while, you know it's cool. But it won't take care of the problem permanently.

Say you got into a car accident, broke up with your gf, etc etc. Yeah you know, smoke a spliff, take a hit, roll one it's cool. But to constantly turn to bud as a cop out to the problems in your life isn't good nor healthy. you won't be able to grow as a person by doing so also.

Take care man.

6. Well, if the root problem is a chemical imbalance, antidepressants do the best anything can for it...

7. Antidepressants mask your feelings even further. You become lethargic.

8. The one thing i will always be able to say about weed is, it's always by my side. Weather i'm happy or sad I can always count on weed to give me a little philosophical boost.

9. Yes, in many cases.
    Antidepressants are a useful medication, however they are over prescribed in modern medicine because of corporation to doctor incentives and a general trust in medications among the public.

10. Yeah I do it. I won't lie. It's the only way. Pharmaceuticals don't work good for me. :(

11. I don't knumb out shit, i take life 100% head on. You try to knumb your pain it only come's back to haunt you..

12. gawd i feel like i cant get up and enjoy my day without a hit, and i cant relax after work without a hit.
    and though it does put that smile on your face, i know u can smile w/out it.
    what i would say to you sir, try to "numb out" without taking anything. pack your bowl, but instead of hitting it just sit and read til u forgot u packed it. u will still feel like ur medicating but your thoughts will be straight. instead of your problems and situation getting masked by high thoughts. it might seem hard at first, but after the first 30 mins if you are into what you are doing u will forget about smoking, soon a few hours will have passed and you will have dealt with life without the high.
    although smoking could help you figure out a permanent solution to your problems, you will only be able to act on that insight in a clear state of mind.

13. Hmm... I've been having this problem for a while, not gonna lie. Puts it into to perspective somewhat lol. (Especially after some bowls!)

14. i think its funny that you all keep refuring to me as a guy... i am in fact a woman...

15. #16 juicedawg17420, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Antidepressants... Like weed you douche. Dont listen to this fag. Pills aren't going to help man, pills destroy the body. A few years ago I got kinda depressed and was feeling what you described. But in my case I was smoking long before i was feeling down and what maid me feel better was just realizing all the bad shit in my life would pass and I just have to surround my self with positive people and things. I never stopped smoking but I can tell you if you think positive and don't let people get you down ( Like some heartless succubus bitch) you will be just fine. Hold your head up high brother.

16. Mari is a good way to meditate on situations/problems/life. And helps gain some insight and a different perspective on things.

But you still have to "do" something about your issue.

17. ive used weed to block shit out of my mind before.

ive basically erased my memory of my most recent relationship, i honestly cant remember anything about it. just her naked and us having sex.

and thats all i need :smoke:

18. I know exactly where youre at man, ive taken a gap year to travel but nothing seems to be working out, crappy relationship with my parents, can't afford to get a decent place yet blah blah. You take this far and things begin to really fall apart, things as basic as personal hygeine habits and shit, you gotta drag you're ass around no matter how bad it gets, because, what else is there, you know? If you start getting fatalist about everything, it really hits you, life is objectively pointless, there is no greater meaning. So you got to keep at these rituals to distract yourself. Because that i think is what people say happiness is. I sit around at home by myself with the laptop all day, except when i run or go to work. Its not fun, and i have lots of friends, but i cant connect to them somehow.
    Antidepressants help to a point i guess, but its you thats got to do the work.
    Personally, i thought being depressed was a better time, atleast i still emoted back then.
    But thats just me, and probably unhealthy.
    Just my two cents. :smoke:

19. I suffer from depression or some kind of disorder, I haven't actually been diagnosed so I don't know what it is exactly. I use weed for it all the time. But I only use it to get into the mood to do therapeutic things. It won't help at all if you just get high and sit on the couch for a few hours. Use your high to write something about what you're feeling or something along those lines. My personal favorite is watching a good movie that makes you think about humanity and life and makes you realize that your problems really aren't that big of a deal in the long run. Weed is great for emotional problems as long as you use it to supplement your therapy, it is most definitely not the cure for your problem.