Smoking weed sometimes makes me think a lot about life? Does anyone else get this?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TommyJetson, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Over the past year and a little bit i've been smoking, i kind of realized that once in a while, or it seems to be whenever i smoke sativa dominant strains, out of the nowhere i will just start thinking really deeply about life and think certain things that i would never think of sober. The weird thing is when im going through this stage, it seems like things are being revealed to me, and that im starting to understand what life really is, i just cant stop thinking and i feel like im really just starting to know a lot about myself, and everyone else i think about, its like i see right through people including myself and and everything starts really making making a lot of sense. Or it least it feels like it is. These thought i have aren't thoughts that i want to be thinking about all the time, but i kind of find it cool how weed makes you think outside the box. However, sometimes when i think these kind of things when im really high, i feel terrible inside, i mean i've had times were i've felt so depressed under the influence that i started to cry.Those times i just felt like life was so lame, and i was turning into a drug addict, and i have so many problems and i dont do anything about it. Does this ever happen to you guys? This only happens to me sometimes, if im not this way i enjoy weed alot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. no that's crazy talk. you must have gotten some defective weed

3. This is an 18+ forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.
    Bob Marley

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/bobmarl....
    Age may have a lot to do with it. How old are you?
    As you get older you will realize that everyone has their share of internal conflicts, doubts, and self-questioning.
    Some just hide it better then others. Some seek help. Some work it out themselves.
    :smoke:

5. #5 TommyJetson, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    @ICGreen @Mack D Rockefe

I just turned 18.

6. No shit, this is the phycology forum.

7. Philosophy not psychology

8. It's the sativa thing. I use them exclusively and get that brain shit all the time. That's how I qualify a good strain or not, whether it turns my brain inside out or not.

9. Yeah i figured it was the sativa, its weird though, i used to like sativa a lot more than indica when i first started to smoke. Now sativa kind of just bums me out and makes me think.

10. I knew a few people who didn't like smoking weed because it caused them to reflect on themselves.. and they didn't like what they saw. It made them see their narcissism.. and they couldn't stand that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kind of a shame isn't it?

12. Yes every time I smoke I have a google docs open or have a pen and paper. Its almost like my brain can make connections easier which it has never thought of before. I will be doing something completely unrelated when a really profound thought pops into my head and I am compelled to write it down. At the end of a high I look back and feel like a crazy person as I have quotes on every inch of a piece of paper and I have so many of these pieces of paper around my room. Also sometimes when I write thoughts will just pour out and the act of writing furthers my deep thoughts. You can literally see where I got really excited as the writing becomes messier and less illegible.

13. A proper strain will make you rethink just about everything, so big topics like life and death will definitely get addressed.

Personally, I don't think I could be close friends with someone whom weed didn't make rethink a major thing or two. To each their own, and I myself enjoy mindless things high like gaming or mega munchies, but I'd consider the philosophical, thinking part of Marijuana FAR more important than just the hedonistic smoke-play-pass out approach. Anyone not rethinking is not smoking enough or not the right stuff imo.

Potent edibles take that to a whole 'nother level.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Completely understand what you're talking about. Usually happens when I'm smoking by myself in a calm environment. My brain won't become distracted by what I'm doing with others. Instead, I'm reflecting everything I've done in life towards myself to see how I got to where I am today. I re-evaluate why I did this and/or why I didn't do that etc. Running different scenarios of what would've happened if I did this or that. Some times they're happy thoughts. Some times they're not... I understand when I'm going to far in my dream state mind where it'll make me sad, so I'll change up my thoughts to something brighter. Like food. Food always makes things better

Smoking weed can be such a spiritual moment if you allow it to be, it reveals answers to questions that I didn't even know I had. Allows me to see things in different point of views. Allows me to be understanding of others and why they do the things that they do.

There has been times where I'm doing math in my head that I don't even know how to do. Turning average day things into problem and solving them in the most complex way possible. Don't know how, but I do it

Unfortunately, I tend to forget the majority of the thoughts I get while being high. Sort of like smoking weed is opening a door. Behind that door is all the knowledge I could ever want if I am able to decipher/grab it. I guess the knowledge behind the door could be a metaphor for my brain. My ability to decipher it could be my current knowledge and skills. To decipher/grab more knowledge/answers, I would need to study/know more. Like they say, knowledge is power.

I'll just end it here. Pretty sure I've been writing vomit on a paper. Hopefully everyone understands what I'm trying to say

15. Omg! You hit the nail on the head! Yeah same with me ! I feel like I can view my life in 3rd person and I see what people think about me it's so odd. It makes me think abut how insecure I was in highschool which I was. I actually enjoy it, made me more confident Ina weird way.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I'm 19 btw if that matters lol since people were saying it had something to do with age not sure why it would tho?

lol click on the comments to reply to people bro lmfao

17. Pretty much everything you just said happens to me. Man, like that thing you said about math, i mean i thought i was crazy when that happened to me. I just thought of math in my head and it seemed so fucking simple, it was so weird but these are the things that make me continue to smoke weed. I think that its good for you in a way, i know what you mean by not remembering these types of thoughts when sober. Its a cool thing, it really is. Really even if i do start to feel sad from sativa, i know its not really that bad of a thing. You're definately going to learn a few things from your experience thats for sure.

18. Yes definitely. Especially when it has you stuck. Your body wont move but your mind is everywhere and you tend to think more and actually start using. But depending on the person too

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. It's physiology, OP. Weed opens paths to the brain you didn't know existed. Most drugs do.

20. i do it on purpose,i grab my sativa or indica find me a solo spot and elvaluate my life.I also believe weed opens that third eye and make you relize things you wouldnt have sober and your own personal life style plays apart as well.If your comfortable with yourself and life style its a beautiful thing. if you find yourself noid might want to make some life changes.Weed my friend is the ultimate mind opener.(for those trolls,this is just my opion and i know there are typos im no scholar but im every budheads best friend)

Salute

• Like Like x 1