Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. See, the whole "God made the plant, so it's okay" really isn't valid. What about shrooms, coke, acid, etc? All made from plants.

2. I'm a Christian. Smoke every day to keep my anxiety in control. If an all loving God doesn't understand that, then he really isn't all loving.

3. so why arent those ok? Drugs arent the problem here, its the laws that prohibit them.

human culture has had the tendency to seek out plants/chemicals that will get you fuvked up since the beginning of recorded history... Why would the israelies be any different?

Jesus was probably trippin balls on the cross from blood loss. Anything he said or did at that point was probably people putting words in his mouth...

Would you believe in a savior who cried/shit/pissed himself/babbled gibberish while dying for all the worlds sins?

Haha.

4. God put the plant here..

Smoke away

5. All i know is there better be ganja past them pearly gates. :)

6. Says nothing about smoking marijuana being a sin, as long as you not breaking moral laws its all good. Me myself am not a christain but am intrigued by religion. I'm more of a live moraly person as long as you do that you will live joyously.

7. I've been a Christian for a few years now.
    I don't go to church because I currently live in Alabama and people in churches tell Me that people who have never even heard of Christ will burn in hell for all eternity. I don't actually believe that. I smoke weed once or twice a week

8. Apparently some Christians claim they can close their eyes and speak with God. Have you tried this OP? Ask the big man himself?

9. [quote name='"Caveit77777"']Apparently some Christians claim they can close their eyes and speak with God. Have you tried this OP? Ask the big man himself?[/quote]

He just tells you to do what you were going to do anyway.

10. You're simply enjoying what 'god' gave you. The only reason it's frowned upon is because people make it frowned upon.

11. Just say the bible means what you say it means like the rest.

12. I'm christian and I smoke weed. I don't think God has a problem with it.

13. >>Implying being a Christian means you're a good person.

Anyways...

I don't see anything wrong with it.

14. The only problem you are going to face being a Christian that smokes weed is religion. I am by no means religion bashing, but there is a difference between following God and living by the teachings of Christ, and being a "Christian". Mankind invented Christianity, like Catholicism, where you are to believe an interpretation of the bible, and live life the way other Christians around you and in your church live. That's why you have so many different churches... Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Luthrian, etc, they all have minor changes to their interpretation of the bible, and teach it differently.

I find that if you take religion out of the picture, and dedicate your life to God and follow in Christ's foot steps the best you can, a lot of things you are taught in church are not as bad as they are made out to be, and somethings are actually worse. For example, I'll go to church and no matter who you are near, you will hear some form of gossip. Now, even though it is wrong, church goers do not think much of it, and will converse about pure gossip and just have a good secular time. Judging, slutty clothing, anger, fear, envy, lust, greed... All of this goes on within a church, and no one seems to care. Agnostic and Atheist see this behavior and criticize all Christians based on what a few blind followers do, and it gives the entire group of people the title of ignorance and arrogance.

Your problem, OP, thus is in religion (and when I say that, you can still be a follower of Christ without abiding by mankind's coinage of the term religion). Religious people tend to think only what they've been told, and a lot of them are die hard conservatives because of this, following in their parents footsteps, and also only listening to the preacher, their friends, and never actually opening a bible for themselves. You don't feel bad about smoking pot, and neither do I. Granted, I smoke maybe once every month or two.. I feel like this is a way to ensure I am doing nothing wrong, since I am not relying on it, or creating any dependencies. But whenever you branch out from the typical "Christian" and start thinking for yourself, philosophizing, and actually reading your bible, a lot of things become more clear, and the typical church teachings seem more diluted.

And to the whole sober minded argument... I wouldn't say that pot clouds your judgement or character per se, as it helps me escape the mental boundaries created through secular teachings and experience - causing me to filter out any other wise weird ideas - opening up a range of ideas and thoughts that could of never been thought of with a sober mind. I do however try to stay in doors whenever I smoke, because I feel that God tells us to remain sober minded so that we don't appear faulty to others and contradict his word.

I can't tell you that it's right or wrong, and neither can anyone else. It's up to you and whether or not you feel convicted while smoking marijuana.

15. cherish the great plant that god gave us, smoke on bro.

16. This sums it up I think:

Attached Files:

17. Do you lie about it? Then yea, you're fucked. Do you tell everyone straight up, you're kicked out of your church's band. I recommend you FBGM as hard as you can in the church, then get out before anyone asks if you do sins.

18. I think KushAndChips shed some light on that with this post.

19. [​IMG]

It makes you happy and doesnt harm anyone. Why wouldnt it be ok?