Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Im a Christian, I go to leadership classes, I lead the worship band, and I play guitar every Sunday and Wednesday. Im a good person. BUT, I smoke weed. Usually by myself, late at night or in the morning, and I don't go to church high.

Now, am I in the wrong, or is this acceptable behavior of a true Christian? Please throw me some of your opinions.

(Please no "Atheist vs. Christian debate.)

2. You just don't want to waste the wonderful plant that god gave us.... you are a super-christian if anything!!

3. youre going to hell

4. Haha, good observation. See, my church doesn't know I toke. Not that I'm hiding it, I just dont to deal with drama. (Southern Baptists can be ridiculous.)
    I really don't feel bad for smoking wees as a Christian. Not one bit.

5. Don't let society fool you into thinking what a "real" Christian is. Make your own choices.

6. Well according to christians, god made everything! Therefor he made weed.

Youre in the clear

7. Who gives a fuck what your religion is, weed is for everyone to share.

8. [quote name='"WonderYears420"']Don't let society fool you into thinking what a "real" Christian is. Make your own choices.[/quote]

Never thought of it that way.

9. despite my earlier comment youre fine. im atheist but really if i was god i dont think id punish people for smoking a plant i put on the earth.

10. I'm a Christian and I smoke too. I don't think it's against it

11. I'm pretty sure you are all good...but I'm not God...

12. "And I give to you man every seed baring plant for your enjoyment." "And Moses saw God threw A BURNING BUSH.". The bible not only goes on to say its ok but that no country should stop the use of the sacred herb.

13. ...are you asking for the judgement of man or God? I'm calling troll, no way you are that active in a community of faith without the wisdom to answer your own question. :D

14. [quote name='"LSD THC"']"And I give to you man every seed baring plant for your enjoyment." "And Moses saw God threw A BURNING BUSH.". The bible not only goes on to say its ok but that no country should stop the use of the sacred herb.[/quote]

In reply to this: "Treat your body like a temple"
    "Stay sober-minded"
    "God has made all authority, going.against your authority is to go against ME."

(Not word for word, but three different.verses of scripture that make me think twice.)

15. I'm not sure what the church says, but my belief is that weed is fine to smoke. You aren't causing yourself or anyone else harm. It's definitely no worse than wine, and they drink wine in the bible.
    Like others have said, use the church and bible for guiding yourself through life, but
    In the end you should make your own decisions on what is acceptable.

16. [quote name='"Not Sure"']

...are you asking for the judgement of man or God? I'm calling troll, no way you are that active in a community of faith without the wisdom to answer your own question. :D[/quote]

I have answered my own question. I simply want to hear yours. Im not necessarily asking to be judged, just asking for opinions. Im no troll. Lol.

17. once i started to learn what being a follower of Christ actually means i stopped going to church lol. churches do a great job of lying to people about how to be a christian. basically when i realized how capitalist my church was i realized that.

you decide what you should do

18. #19 AceKush, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    Here, this will work perfectly.

I quote Genesis 1:9

"I give all seed bearing plants to you for your enjoyment"

There. Now you see that your God made Marijuana, and he gave it to us. Smoke up in peace.

19. I grew up strictly Christian and went to a private catholic school and I smoke more weed than anyone I know. I'm athiest now but a lot of my friends are still believers and smoke with me. The way I see it smoking a natural herb and being happy for a couple hours is more holy than taking shots, driving, and killing a family of 5... Despite what the law or bible says