Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Right? Haha, you should be ok if you buy indulgences along with your ozs..
    Lol

2. Religion is stupid. Why do you care what those hypocrites at church think of you? The only way I would be able to handle church is if I was blasted anyway.

3. I am a Christian as well. I struggled with this a little bit, but I truly feel that weed is much, much less harmful than alcohol or tobacco, and millions of people use those daily. It's a natural substance that grows in the wild on earth. We have specific cannibinoid (sp) receptors in our brain, which show we have evolved using cannabis as a human race.

I think as long as you are responsible, it doesn't overtake your life, and it helps you be a better person (maybe it helps you think through issues in your life, maybe it helps you relax, I know for me I've had some really beautiful God-worshipping moments while smoking/high), you shouldn't worry about it.
    If you start ignoring responsibilities, people, and tasks you have to complete, than I would start to worry.
    As far as "Treat your body like a temple", use a vape. It has no bad health benefits for your body that I've heard of.
    "Stay sober-minded' I found the NIV version of this which says "self-controlled" rather than "sober-minded". Definitely use self-control. But if at one part of the Bible it says "be sober" and in another part Jesus is making wine.....doesn't really make sense. Use your best judgment.

"God has made all authority" in my opinion, this verse is a little iffy. If he has made all authority, then there are many governments out there that have forced laws that I morally disagree with, and would never go along with (aka Nazi Germany or any other dictatorship in the world at the moment). I also morally disagree with laws that outlaw marijuana. I see it as a medicine and something that helps many many people. There are those that abuse it and are addicted. But anyone can be addicted to anything. Speeding in the US is against the law, yet we do it. According to that verse of scripture, are we really sinning if we speed?
    I would say use your common sense and what YOU know of God as YOU have a relationship with him. Pray about it. Don't let society tell you what's ok and what's not.

4. I can show you bible quotes where god ordered the murders of over 1 800 000 innocent people. Not everything in the bible is worth listening to.

5. What would Jesus do?

If I passed him the blunt?

Would Jesus hit it?

Or would Jesus abstain?

Why?

6. [quote name='"AshleyAttack"']I am a Christian as well. I struggled with this a little bit, but I truly feel that weed is much, much less harmful than alcohol or tobacco, and millions of people use those daily. It's a natural substance that grows in the wild on earth. We have specific cannibinoid (sp) receptors in our brain, which show we have evolved using cannabis as a human race.

I think as long as you are responsible, it doesn't overtake your life, and it helps you be a better person (maybe it helps you think through issues in your life, maybe it helps you relax, I know for me I've had some really beautiful God-worshipping moments while smoking/high), you shouldn't worry about it.
    If you start ignoring responsibilities, people, and tasks you have to complete, than I would start to worry.
    As far as "Treat your body like a temple", use a vape. It has no bad health benefits for your body that I've heard of.
    "Stay sober-minded' I found the NIV version of this which says "self-controlled" rather than "sober-minded". Definitely use self-control. But if at one part of the Bible it says "be sober" and in another part Jesus is making wine.....doesn't really make sense. Use your best judgment.

"God has made all authority" in my opinion, this verse is a little iffy. If he has made all authority, then there are many governments out there that have forced laws that I morally disagree with, and would never go along with (aka Nazi Germany or any other dictatorship in the world at the moment). I also morally disagree with laws that outlaw marijuana. I see it as a medicine and something that helps many many people. There are those that abuse it and are addicted. But anyone can be addicted to anything. Speeding in the US is against the law, yet we do it. According to that verse of scripture, are we really sinning if we speed?
    I would say use your common sense and what YOU know of God as YOU have a relationship with him. Pray about it. Don't let society tell you what's ok and what's not.[/quote]

This is definetly the best response I've read so far. This really puts it in a different perspective for me. Thanks.

7. I'm agnostic and my family was never really religious, so I can't say much about christianity and its policies on weed. But as many here have undoubtedly said, what, exactly, is sinful about heating a plant and inhaling the fumes so as to feel good?

8. #88 JoePain25, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    Genesis 1:12 I have given all seed bearing plants to use.

How dare you argue with gods word and his nature?

9. Well I'm an atheist now, but I was Catholic growing up and I felt guilty about smoking weed cause of my religion at first. But think about it, how many Christians do you know, OP, that live their entire life according to the Bible? I bet you couldn't find one.

God said in the Bible "Every seed bearing plant on Earth will be for mankind" or something along those lines. Plus, Moses talked to a 'burning bush'...What kind of bush do you think that was to make him talk to it as it burned? :p

Live life your way, if you wanna live as a Christian just be the best person you can be, I really doubt if there is a God he's gonna send you to hell for all eternity for being baked if you were a good person your whole life.

10. Hey, don't disrespect us who have religion just because you don't. He asked about smoking as a Christian, he doesn't need your negative attitude. This isn't a place to push your non religious views. I'm a Christian too and what you say just makes me lose respect for you. I don't go around telling atheists that they're wrong, In my heart maybe I believe that, but its not up to me to tell you how to live your life.

11. [quote name='"Nobot"']Religion is stupid. Why do you care what those hypocrites at church think of you? The only way I would be able to handle church is if I was blasted anyway.[/quote]

No your a towel

12. Everyone knows that each time you take a toke, Satan slaps the baby Jesus. Thats why as a good Christian I avoid cannabis at all costs.

LoL its simple, god put cannabis here for people to use plain and simple, If anyone tells you anything different there lying

13. It's definitely acceptable! There's plenty of evidence that Jesus himself was a stoner, some stemming from history and some from the Bible itself! ;)

14. I believe it depends on the situation.....on the cross he abstained as he was offered pain killer and turned it down

15. pray about it

17. Turn to the bible for the answer, I'm pretty sure most of us in the city are atheists so I dunno if you'll find the answer here, or?.

But logically speaking if alcohol is allowed by the bible then weed should be too. Weed is only labeled as a drug by modern peoples. Meanwhile alcohol is much stronger, more addictive and more dangerous than weed. Not to mention that weed doesn't even have to be processed, just grab it and smoke it, I mean even a tomato has to be washed before eaten. So in my humblest of opinions, it's not a sin; as long as it doesn't go too far. If you skip church just to smoke or procrastinate just too smoke then it's a sin.

P.S. Being a christian doesn't make you a good person.
    Being a good person makes you a fucking good person.
    I'm sorry but I'm tired of religious people thinking their better than non-religious people simply cause they follow their religion and worship their deity. I do charity work and donate money to people in need just cause I don't believe in God doesn't make me any less of a good person, I know you didn't say that but I'm pretty sure you technically kind of implied it by claiming you're a good person cause you go to church. God bless ya though.

18. Hah well if you rely on what other Christians tell you, then by far the majority of them would tell you that you are going to be thrown into a burning lake of hellfire for all of eternity because you smoked the devils ballsack.

Realtalk.

19. What is wrong with going to church high?? That is the best way to make it at least mildly interesting.

20. [quote name='"LMA"']

P.S. Being a christian doesn't make you a good person.
    Being a good person makes you a fucking good person.
    I'm sorry but I'm tired of religious people thinking their better than non-religious people simply cause they follow their religion and worship their deity. I do charity work and donate money to people in need just cause I don't believe in God doesn't make me any less of a good person, I know you didn't say that but I'm pretty sure you technically kind of implied it by claiming you're a good person cause you go to church. God bless ya though.[/quote]

I don't think Im better than you, or anyone for that matter. Religion doesn't make you better than anyone else. Don't stereotype me as a Christian who thinks I'm better than all of the "non-believers". We're not all like that, pal.