Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Vs. Vaping

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by legrandn1, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Does anyone else out there feel like no matter how much weed they vape they cannot get as high as they do with smoking?

2. definitely. everybody goes nuts over vapes. i find that the "clean" highs arent as enjoyable. besides the fact that smoking is WAYY more enjoyable

3. It's a different type of high, that's for sure.

For me, I notice that when I vape, I tend to stop before I'm way too high since I can just turn off the vape and finish the bowl later. With a joint, you're kind of forced to keep going until it's finished getting me more high than I prefer to be most of the time.

4. I love the clean high!!!

Especially for in the mornings!!!

Plus it's so much easier and less of a hassle to get high!!!

I just grind n pack .5 in my Arizer Extreme V and sit there for 30 minutes getting baked just chillin zonin out!

Actually that sounds so good I'm gunma save the last chunk of purps for the morning!!!

5. I get far higher vaping than when I do smoking, the perfect mix i've found though is 1-3 hits from a bong before you vape

6. Maybe I'm inexperienced. Been using an iolite, which I know will not get hotter than a certain temp. Also the bowl is smaller. I did an experiment. I got ahold of some great bud. Smoked half a gram out of my pipe and got a great high. Few days later (no usage since) I vaped half a gram from same bud and got high, but didn't seem as high didn't get as fuzzy/euphoric/drunk type feeling as the smoking.

Is that just the way it is? Or am I needing a different vape system that is more efficient at getting me the cannibinoids I desire?

7. Smoking is more fun too.

8. vaping gets you 100% higher, if you cant get high vaping your not doing it right, although i will admit that the mflb does take a long time to get you high compared to a desktop vape.

9. Yeah, it's much different kind of high, but I'm not sure which one I like better. I lean toward smoking though, even though I vape way more often since I need stealth.

10. I find my mflb is a much cleaner high than when i smoke. Its good if i have something to do because im a lot more alert and such :smoke: That being said it still gets you baked if you vape enough :)

11. I don't know what you guys are talking about. My vaporite mini digit gets me high as a motherfucker when I go from 250-370. Two joints don't phase me much, but one bowl of vaping gets me up there.

Vaporizers have a thousand ways to take a hit. 995 of them are wrong haha. If you aren't getting high you need a better vape or better technique.

If I'm trying to get controllably high, I vape a few bowls and then decide in 30 minutes if I want a joint or not.

try covering the whole on the mouthpiece end of the whip when you aren't hitting it, take it up 10 degrees or so at a time, wait 10 seconds or so, and then take a short hit to see if any vapor pulls through. If it does, take a couple big enough hits to get the vapor but don't make it combust. When there's no more vapor, turn it up another 10.

12. It may also be with your technique. Some vapes like the iolite and MFLB require you to take slower and longer hits rather than one big hit as you would smoking. Think of it as sipping a cup of tea rather than chugging.