smoking techniques

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by toke.today, Jan 20, 2010.

1. okay so this isn't really a technique more of an observation, when i smoke large amounts of the ganja i tend to cough in large amounts as well, some of my other friends chose to hold there coughs back, witch i do as well when i'm not home but smoking at home to me means smoking with no Etiquette, so when i'm at home and iRip a hard ass bong hit, what comes next is indescribable an outrageous amount of coughing, coughing that again that i could hold back but choose to let out i instantly feel the different level of highness its outrageous 8 out of 10 hits that i take and cough on i get to the point that i feel like i'm about to pass out, does

has anyone else noticed this? or am i alone on this point is it just because my lungs are week or is this a normal thing?
    any responses would be appreciated

2. that technique works the same on me

3. I always just cough till I feel better, no need causing uneeded discomfort. I do notice I tend to cough more when toking by myself.

4. cool man the first time i hit a new piece is allways the best i just hit it as hard as i can hold it in for as long as i can the last time i took a hit like that i don't even remember the first part of my exhale it was pretty intense i just came to in the middle of a cough i was like in atranse of coughing

5. When I'm not in a public place I cough more it always makes me feel way higher.

6. If im smoking on anything with a filter i dont cough, and i really dont feel the need too. I just suck in some fresh air at the end of every hit to fill the top of my lungs. I also take a small swallow after all the smoke is out to lube my throat up. It feels really good too. Coughing after taking a hit makes me feel like shit. Jesus i typed alot. Like...alot.

7. yeah, i do feel you on the filter thing my lil two footer has no perks so i guess that why i get that death feeling as i exhale that the true way you kill your brain cells haha i guess i better invest in a better smoking device huh?

8. haha but i cough pretty intensely so publicly i try to keep it on a minimal

9. dude the biologic reasoning for why you get so high when you cough is, when you cough it is your bodys sign of a lack of oxygen so it is desperately trying to get more. therefore you cough as an attempt to get more oxygen in your lungs quickly. when this occurs your body also pumps blood to your lungs to recieve this newly aquired oxygen as quickly as possible. however, there is only thc from the smoke so you end up with a massive thc head rush

10. I don't like coughing with a hit in my lungs, tends to irritate and hurt my throat, so I just hold it back until I breathe it all out then cough. Anywhere. If coughing is against etiquette nowadays people can fuck off, "cough to get off".

11. i never took the time to think into it that deeply haha, yea i guess that does make sense so if a cough is you trying to get more oxygen the best way to avoid coughing is to breath in a few deep breaths?

12. haha hell yea i feel you i'm just baked coughing my ass off as we speakk haha

13. Smoking has no technique.

14. i disagree, there are alor of different ways to take a hit, in the end they all lead to the same thing but that doesn't mean its all the same

15. I try not to cough when I smoke. Hurts my lungs. What I usually do is take in as much smoke as possible til my lungs start to sting then I clear out my piece. Still gets me high and I don't cough up a lung. ;)

16. hahah ive noticed the same thing. jus dont cough till your away from the bongg. my brother coughed and shot the water out and got the weed all wet

17. my piece is pretty big, so its the clearing it that kills me idk mybe i just wasn't ready for the stepp up to a good sized bong

18. aww fck i hate trying to hita bowl thats been flooded, especially if its passed to you that way and you just look at the person before you in rotation and they're just oblivious to what they just did, its like you bastard you got a good hit and you had to go and ruin it for me
    but its really hard to folld this one cause i gotta ash catcher and its a slider

19. Yeah i tend to not hold my cough back, unless i know they are going to be monstrous, then i exhale and grab some water.

But coughing doesn't necessarily get you more high, it just gets you higher faster. When you cough it makes your blood rush, so it absorbs the THC into your blood system faster. So it will hit you faster, but it is still the same amount that you would normally get.

20. right right right you are sir but hasn't all the thc left after you exhale? so isn't a cough just rushing fresh air into your system?