Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking stems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thescaryhippy, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Aren't stems like bad for your body though? I could see vaping them

2. No, you're just inhaling more burnt plant matter compared to thc... if you don't mind that, go ahead.

3. [quote name='"Laith"'] No, you're just inhaling more burnt plant matter compared to thc... if you don't mind that, go ahead.[/quote]

Aren't you doing that when you smoke weed? Isn't it more plant than thc? Not being sarcastic

4. [quote name='"stoneheir"']

Aren't you doing that when you smoke weed? Isn't it more plant than thc? Not being sarcastic[/quote]

Well you are, but the THC to plant ratio is considerably lower in stems.

5. Please don't do this. Just save them up and when you have a grip of em, put em all in a appropriate sized container according to amount and shake it vigorously to get all the trichomes off the stems. Throw stems away. Scrape kief into pile and smoke it!:smoke:

6. Well if they're small enough, ill just throw em in with the bud, nothing really make a diff to me i know im smoking more thc so why not throw em in

7. People have always told me that smoking stems wont get you high and just a headache needless to say i was try one day and i had a bag full of stems so i smoked them and was surprised when i was decently high haha. Seeds on the other hand....

8. I save my stems and little bit of shake for a nice batch of qwiso hash monthly, I tried smoking them once, and I did hash the next time and never looked back. :cool:

9. I smoke them.

10. doesnt work imo just make hash out of them

11. The thick ones I toss, and the skinny ones get grinded up and vaped with the rest of the bud.

12. I pick out the large, thick stems farthest from the pre-ground bud, however once I grind up the bud any stems in there are there to stay. The stems closest to the bud have the highest THC, and yes they are harsh, but the extra THC makes it worth it.

Seeds however never enter my lungs.

13. Ask God for a purpose in life :p

14. Yeah man, when i started smoking my brother use to always ask me "want the stems" im like wat do u do with them, chew em? So i started chewing on it he just laughed and i said "wat? haha" he said "nutin, ur like the only dude i seen do that" im like "wat did u want me to do with the stems anyway?" He just stood there confused haha.
    Ever since that day i've been chewing them. Dank, mids even Regs cuz its just how i do.

15. Whats up Delluhsion bro?
    I tried chewing stems, not my thing. My buddy does all the time tho. I throw all my stems out. I go through an ounce or two a week and i used to save them, but they start getting old. I never use pieces anymore I just roll, so stems aren't an option. Cant have them pokin through the blunt now can we? :smoke:

16. Wow, I didn't expect this many replies lol.

Well, I think I'm just gonna save them on the side and if I'm ever desperate I'll smoke a few of them. If I have enough, I'm going to do the jar shaking thing and collect the kief. Sounds interesting ;)