Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking stems? Don't do it!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AbeLincoln2, Oct 20, 2011.

1. All I had left was a bag of stems so I was wondering if I could smoke them. I looked up online what people do with their stems. I read that some people get high off them while some just get a headache. I took a very small hit and now I have a terrible headache. I learned the hard way, don't smoke stems. At least I'm getting some really dank bud tomorrow, I can't wait! :D

2. Yup bad idea, i have heard of people making tea or putting stems in your lip like chew or something, idk personally, just throw that shit out!

3. It's pretty common knowledge that stems have very little THC/CBN/etc

They are known to cause headaches and not much more, I even pick them out of bowls..

4. haha ya eww..

If facepalm pictures werent outdated id post one.

5. You can vape them though; it actually works really well. Woke up this morning with no weed, threw some dank stems in the whip and got a few clouds of vapor from it that got me high with no headache. Idk why more people don't think of it because dank stems have so much thc on them.

6. They can also make you sterile... Nice!

7. As long as its good shit and the trichomes didn't get knocked off from cutting it up or whatever, most of the good shit has crystallized on the outside of the stem, and that is a good idea, i wish i had a vape......

8. Your objective is not smoking the stems. It is smoking the trichomes and keif that is stuck to the stem. Some people don't get headaches from them as well, like me. And you make QWISO hash with them if you don't like to smoke them.

9. I make firecrackers with mine. It works but the taste is still bad

10. Don't throw them out. save them and get them for all their kief.

11. I smoke stems, and feel fine.

12. Save up all your stems and make QWISO hash out of them.

13. I've always heard "stems give you a headache," in my opinion this is just an urban myth. From my own personal experience, they got me high. I had a few stems, and tried it and surprisingly I got a little buzz. You people do know that stems and leaves are used when making hash right? It takes a lot of stems and leaves to make hash, but, this still means there is some THC in the stems, making them smokeable. I've never seen any scientific evidence proving stems give people head aches, if it is a fact I'd like to see it but I really don't believe it. I think the myth originated from the idea that stems are left overs, scraps, so basically they're worthless; by smoking the scraps that somehow means you'll get a head ache. I don't know, but I don't think its true and you can smoke them and get high.

14. Yeah you can get high, but it tastes like your smoking rope or some shit, and there's a good chance nothing will even happen to you.

15. Lol, why do you go instantly to urban myth just because you haven't seen a study, they exist have you even looked? It obviously isn't just conjecture and is backed by science. Stems have been tested, they contain a stupidly low amount of THC and CBN/CBD, etc. If you somehow have stems that are just caked in kief for whatever reason, sure it stands to reason to give them a wash.

But no, it's not made up conjecture lol. I'm sure you could use one of those gas chromatograph's to get the exact make up the same way bud is tested, if not there's other methods. It's been done.

16. Save up your stems and make qwiso out of them, do not throw them away!

17. [quote name='"Super Nova"']They can also make you sterile... Nice![/quote]

Heh someone's misinformed. They do not make you sterile.:bongin:

18. Ive gotten so high off stems

whoever says stems dont get you high is full of shit lol

i had a horrible headache after tho

Make Hash with your stems is the best thing to do!!!!!!

19. I've never gotten a headache from smoking stems

It varies from person to person I guess.

20. True, my friend would save up like a half ounce of stems and grind them up and smoke it

he says he would get really high and no headache

but for me i get really high then get a headache

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT :smoke: