Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking out of metal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by irie vibes, Jul 20, 2009.

1. #1 irie vibes, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
    alright so i'm making a homemade bong, but instead of doing it like the ones described in the stickies, i'm doing one entirely out of metal and glass. i've got the glass part down already, but i'm in need of a bowl/slider, so my 2 questions are:

I keep hearing "dont smoke out of [insert metal here]," but i seel metal pipes and screens everywhere, so how do i tell what metal is safe to smoke out of (and i can't use a bowl from a headshop, it has to be like completely legit-looking so that if my parents ever come across it disassembled they won't think anything of it)?

If im making a slider bong, is it alright to pull the entire downstem out of the bong, or should i have a part that's permanently attached and the slider?

thanks

2. When smoking out of metal, I'd suggest using something that's pure stainless steel. I think brass is ok for you too. You should probably avoid copper (never ever use lead for obvious reasons. Fire, lead, and lungs don't mix well.) Smoking out of uncoated stainless steel should be fine for you. Make sure there's no sort of strange sealant or paint on whatever you're smoking out of. I'd suggest torching the whole thing with a strong butane torch for a few minutes to burn off any non-metal residue before it's ever used to smoke out of.

As for the downstem/slider question, I'd suggest having a seperate slide you can remove, but if it works and gets smoke into your lungs, that's all that matters.

3. You should have a part thats permanently attached and the slide just so it seals better. And just use a socket for the bowl.

4. alright thanks

5. If you dont have the permanent down tube or stem in the bong..after you pull the carb the clearing action of the hit wont be through the water...making it pull really easy and harsh as hell...make a two part stem..its worth the extra work...

gazer out

6. My homemade slider is a hollow pen with a socket on the top and you slide it into a hollowed out sharpie. Works perfectly.

7. Your in a lose lose situation pal. After you use your homemade piece of shit piece and your parents find it, they are going to know what it is because it will smell like a dirty cornhole. Just buy a damn spoon.