Smoking on windowsill?

Discussion in 'General' started by elgoog124, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Ok, basically my parents have no idea I smoke and usually the only time I can is outside at about 2am when everyone is asleep. Recently my parents had a bustup so my mum is sleeping downstairs which makes it impossible for me to sneak outside.

My room has the unfortunate location of being adjacent to my parent's room on one side (where my dad sleeps), and the bathroom on the other side. All the doors are always closed. Additionally, after about 1am there is no chance I will be disturbed.. ever. My dad does make occasional trips to the toilet however throughout the night which means he has to walk past my door. There is no danger of him smelling anything from his room as he is at the front and i'm at the back.

What is the likelihood of being able to get away with smoking a joint (my friend has my bong) on the windowsill? By this I mean sat on the windowsill of my room facing outwards. This should surely mean all/most of the smoke goes outside. The windowsill is quite wide so it would be safe to do, although there wouldn't be enough room to close the window behind me.

I've thought about it in detail and if I do this, I would blockade the door with clothes and seal it with a bedsheet across the span of the door, turn on my fan pointing out of the window, draw the curtains behind me, close the window of the bathroom next to my room, spray a small amount of deodorant when finished, as well as ensure the downstairs living room window is closed so my mum can't smell it. I would also hold the joint as far away from the window (outside) as possible at all times.

Would all these things in combination mean that it would be unlikely I would get caught? I know some of it seems a bit extreme but my parents finding out I smoke would be a major issue and would ruin my otherwise good relationship with them (they are very anti drug of all kinds), and the position of my room means I really have to be very careful.

What do you guys think?

2. I believe you can get away with it, i used to have to smoke out the window in my bathroom:smoke:

3. I do have a job thanks :) I'm not living at home for much longer so this is only a tempoary situation.

4. the fan pointing out the window is a great idea.

Go for it:D

5. Hang a curtain or towel behind you to block the smoke from accidentally blowing in as much. Or try to use smaller devices such as one hitters so smoke isn't just pouring off the burning end of a j/blunt. Try making a spoof too just in case it rains per se or if you live in a cold/hot area and don't wanna open the window. Pretty much any little thing will help, hell turn on a ceiling fan if you got one.

6. Yeah well my friend has my bong atm and I have no other way of smoking right now so this is just for the short term (once my parents get over their row, I can just go outside like i used to).

7. Use a bowl, NOT joint.

Put a towel under your door, tape over any air circulation vents, and put an exhaust fan in your window, with cardboard or something else blocking all the area the fan doesn't cover, forcing it to pull air in around your door, keeping smell out of the rest of the house.

Make a sploof with a whole box of dryer sheets (like 2 bucks... or if you have a larger box, count out like 40) in a 20oz soda bottle with a slit cut in the bottom. If you have a 2 liter bottle stuffed tightly with paper towels or toilet paper, that works nicely too, without the added scent.

Blow hits through sploof into exhaust fan.

You're welcome.

8. Second hand joint smoke is the problem, not the smoke he is exhaling out the window.

I had absolutel not problem as a kid smoking on my windowsill, just open two windows in your room to create a cross wind, and if anything it will blow the smoke out the other window.

Make sure not to have your lights on in your room when you have the clothes blocking the bottom of the door because it is pretty obvious when light isn't coming out from the bottom of your door like it normally does, my dad once came to my room asking me why I was blocking my door. "uhh, the air flows under it and makes a whistling noise, so I blocked it" was my excuse. haha

9. It's all about air pressure, If you can make it so the window pulls air then your good. Otherwise your fucked.

10. Also, you can use the other methods... but fuck that a little science and you can chill out without blowing through washer sheets lol. gooooooooood times yu'll miss sneaking around one day.

11. Another trick, open your window and set your lighter to the max flame length. Light your lighter and move it in front of the window, if your flame leans towards the window, you're good, if it moves away, you can't smoke there because the smoke is going to blow into your house.

12. Ehh the sploofs optional, but if he's that paranoid it's probly because he has uptight complete nonsmoking family, which means it can still be smelled, or smelled if someone's awake and has a window open, or something.

But yeah, as long as all air vents NOT blowing are covered, and you can feel air moving INTO your room under your door when there's no towel, towel it up and go for it.

13. OK so basically, a combination of fan/sitting on windowsill/blocking door with clothes and sheets/closing curtains behind me SHOULD be enough to stop the smell being detected? I don't see the point in using a sploof since I will have a joint burning anyway. The joint would be outside the room at all times cos I will hold it far from the window.

thanks for help so far

14. In highschool I always went for the bathroom with vent..

But I had my own room & bathroom in the basement so as long as the smell didn't escape the bathroom I was good.

HAHHAAH this brings me back. One day I was smoking with a friend in my bathroom and my mom comes and knocks and she's like what are you both doing in the bathroom with the door locked. Hhahahaha, i'm not homophobic but we both immidiatly walked out and said we had been smoking a lot of weed. hahahahahaha I remember being like Oh fuck that I don't want my mom thinking i'm gay!

15. Haha that cracked me up. I think I've got a fairly solid plan but yeah I do take great measures to avoid getting caught because the consequences would be dire. I'm hoping that any residual smell would be gone by the morning assuming I smoke at like 2am.