Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking on the job

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by allyourbase058, Oct 31, 2006.

1. This is a little something for those of us who work in the food industry. Im talking places like subway, taco bell, burgerking, shit like that. I worked at subway for about 5 months, and me and dave were always smoking on the job (untill subway got sold to someone and they fired everyone, never got caught). Smoking at a food places like that might seem impossible. But every one of those places has one thing in common, freezers and coolers. The way the air circulation works in those things is that theres a vent up top, if your inside smoking, just blow it right into that vent , it sucks up all the smoke and boom, its gone, you walk out after taking a hit not smelling like a thing. At subway, the store was being run by me and another girl (a common thing, its always us 2 closing) and we just left a packed spoon sitting in the freezer, whenever you felt like it, walk on in a take a hit, take turns packing the bowls, just dont get to crazy on it, still gotta get some work done, lol. On one occasion, me and her had just finished a bowl when the bell goes off (to tell us a customer(s) just entered) we go out, and theres 2 cops standing there waiting for us to make their subs, f#$@ing hillarious!!!!

2. Yea dude where i work no one else really smokes but EVERYONE includeing all the managers know i smoke and they dont care at all and know i come in high regularly. Ive been told that no one cares b/c i work the same either way.

3. Nothin' like smoking on the job. The joint i work at does not function without weed. Whenever we don't have orders to cook, we sit outside behind the restaurant and toke up. The head chef is the biggest stoner on earth. The sous chef doesn't smoke very much, but he drinks like crazy, which the head chef does not approve of. In an attempt to discourage drinking on the job the chef put up a sign near the oven that says "no drinking booze during your shift". Within a day it was changed to "Nothin like drinkin booze during your shift". Seriously though, we drink alot at my work. YAY DRINKING.

4. ya man, I work at an A&W Restaurant and whenever i go for me 30 min brakes i roll a doobie or pack a bowl and toke up... everyone that works there are retarded and never catch me... most of them smoke with me or dont give a shit anyways... peace out nukka's

5. Hell yeah man. Still remember the one day, it was crazy busy so the owners (at the time) son came in to help us, and we had some other guy that none of us knew who just started that day. So after the whole lunch rush, we go out back to have a cigg. So we're standing there, and i say "a joint would go pretty well right now, dave. u got any?" he does. Now i was just joking around, but the owners son was like shit yeah man, anybody wanna roll one? The new guy pulls out some papers and asks to see the bag david said he had. lol. Smoking happens. We just hang out back till the next shift arrives. Freakin awsome place to work.

Too bad it got sold to a couple of guys from subway corprate. I got fired after i call one a fucking subway nazi. :smoking:

6. This thread is my job... Every single person that works at my place, is all related (except me) and all smokes. My bos (the dad of the family) never smokes while working so me and his son just get BLITZED and work in the kitchen. Winter is almost here and my work is slow as dog shit, so, Blaze on... Hahaha Peace~

7. I love how you start off talking about smoking at work and finish by cheering drinking :)

8. yea i worked in the fast food industry for quite a bit of years at McDonalds and Arbys.. Arbys was the shittiest place in the world with the shittiest people... McDonalds hands down still to this day was the greatest place i ever worked... everyone their smoked and everyone was like family.. good times...

now i work morning shifts at Krogers as a stocker and i still come into work every morning blown lol..

9. yeah. I worked at subway, too, and arbys. all a bunch of evil corporations...but they are easy jobs...I used to smoke out back all the time. I had cops that were regulars.

On a semi serious rant note... The fast food industry is awful...truly one of the most unethical industries. I'm glad awareness is coming about like, Fast Food Nation, and, Supersize Me. They've been clogging our arteries with Trans Fats for years...the bastards...The workers are treated like less than nothing, as well. Shameful. Just shameful. I tried to get back my old job at subway, just for some extra part time hours, but it's everything that is wrong with this world (I think I forgot)...I tell ya, I couldn't say enough bad things about the fast food industry, and to think I support it with my money, that really pisses me off...lol. We should really all boycott...I think I might.

But yeah, I got fucking baked as shit at work. Thank god I closed there...so that minimized the unpleasantness...but still. Shameful...

What's really ironic, is that the very same ppl that are working for these entities...Wal Mart, McDonalds etc the working class poor...They are forced to eat the low quality foods, and support the very same entities that are killing them...they destroy lives. That's what I saw at subway...bc I had the very special opportunity to work in the Walmart store (switched stores at the request of the owner), and that's what I saw...Every Walmart 'associat' in there fucking went to Subway to eat. Because they get the discount...and it's right there in the store. Really terrified me...

10. Yeah, i worked at Arbys befor i worked at subway. Your completly right, the fast food industry is shit, worked there 5 months and never got a raise... could hardly afford weed at times, with college and shit. those dirty fuckers...

11. if i'm feeling bold i'll light up when i take out the trash. or during break, but i would never dream of smoking in the freezer, i would just get too fucking paranoid! if i were a manager that would be another thing.

12. marine construction here, all we do all day is smoke on the job.. my boss wont hire you unless u do drugs but yeah idk much asobut the fastfood and weed shiot besides at like wendys and krystalsthey love wehn u trade nugs for food.:smoking:

13. Man, it seems like you people who work/worked at Subway were pretty unhappy...I work at Quizno's and I fucking love it :) All the free food you want, help yourself to drinks, toke during your break (Depending on who's working, my head manager would shit his pants).

14. i don't work in the food service indutry, but i do work at a mannequin manufacturing facility (we make mannequins and all sorts of other display fixtures) and even the owner doesn't care if you smoke on the job. there is a building out back that all of our cardboard cartons are kept and every brake and lunch period everyone goes out back! when that bell rings it looks like a mass exodus to the rear of the cardboard barn! the plant manager has even gone so far to say that it's ok (he does not smoke) until people start fucking things up, which hasn't happened yet. cool place to work.

15. idk. I was ranting...it's not so much that it was a terrible job. had similar perks and I usually worked by myself...but it's like the whole big picture of the industry, and the way the practices used...like, there's a lot of shit to it. wages, bureaucracy, etc etc it boils down to you're getting fucked, basically, ppl are benefitting at your expense...and the expense of the consumer...i'd suggest reading nickel and dimed ...

16. Oh working with food is awesome. I work at a restaurant within a senior living community. Nice place, apparently 4 star facility (as far as the chefs go) But even they hit it out back. It's a big place nobody really questions it if your out for a few minutes. Coming back up lit, and all the food around you it's amazing. lol to distracting at times but makes me appreciate working at a restaurant. Very few people arn't lit or buzzed at that job. My manager knows I blaze, used to hastle me about it until I offered him a bowl.. lol his reply was "well i know where to go if i do right" 0_o you'd think it'd be sick but it was kinda annoying. He doesn't realise every other employee is high too, haha.

Some of the residents indulge in the sweet green themselves before coming down to eat. Giggles, red eyes, polishing everyones plate around them as well as there own, and all that good stuff haha (in fact one held a club meeting on the lagalization of such)