Smoking in NYC

Discussion in 'General' started by fuckthecops, Feb 8, 2010.

1. So I haven't really seen that much action from New Yorkers on GC, so I decided to start an NYC thread! Where do you like to toke? I personally like downtown manhattan near battery park. Almost anywhere in queens is good, its nice to take a walk in the summer and smoke a blunt with friends :smoke:

2. battery park is a great place to smoke!
    do you get good bud?

3. Downtown is pretty chill, I do most of my smokin around the pier, couple times in Chinatown and central park but had to be alot more alert. Also the village not the crowded areas but the less traversed side streets

4. When I was in NYC, me and some buddies scored weed and then smoked it in Central Park near the John Lennon memorial.

Good times!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marcus garvey park! and any roof top.

not from ny but its pretty chill i like the culture

6. Whenever I visit my sister in Brooklyn I just smoke on the stoop in front of the building. In Manhattan I usually just walk around and smoke Js/Ls. I bet rooftops would be awesome though, never tried it.

7. showing some nyc love. upper west side here. my rooftop, and strawberry fields in central park alllll dayyyyy.

8. Central park is the shit to smoke in

9. i love smoking every were in the city... especially in the brooklyn banks skate park.. 42 and 6th there is a little spot in which everyone hits up :D:D hope to see some blades around the city..

10. I remember smoking a j once on the rocks in Central Park then seeing the laser light show high. Good times.

11. hey guys central park is that park you always see in movies right? Is it seriously not a bust to smoke in there? When the semester ends I'm thinking about cruising it by myself across country(i live in socal) and end up in NY.

12. #12 Judgement, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    Not necessarily but many times yes. As an example of not, I am Legend, when all the vamps were charging his crib running though the park, that wasn't... and that's actually the only movie I can recall either way.... :smoke:

edit: by the way, undercover everywhere in NYC, but as long as ur chill, observant and don't do stupid shit, it is chill to smoke most places... even if it is the marijuana arrest capitol of the world :(

13. I can't even imagine trying to smoke in a city, I'd be freakin' out. Country roads/ suburban area smoking FTW.

14. I'm going to New York next January. Hoping I can find some weed and a nice place to smoke and enjoy the city :smoking:

15. haha, in NYC it is common to walk by someone and get hit with a blast of good smelling smoke :smoke:

16. #16 8bitjoint, Feb 23, 2011
    Nothing compares to toking up at Roosevelt Island. Being in a beautiful open field with barely anybody in it is such a welcome change of scenery from the crowded streets. You also get a great view of the city and the water.

Edit: Governors Island.***

17. without googling, how do you get out there?

18. #18 8bitjoint, Feb 23, 2011

I haven't been there since the summer but from what I remember I took the 1 or 2 train? to SOUTH FERRY(last stop). There is a ferry right next to the train station as soon as you get out. Just take that there and enjoy.:smoke:

They take a 2 second peek in your bags and don't check thoroughly.

Edit: Also the ferry is free. The island opens at 10am and closes at 5pm i believe.

Edit 2: I meant Governors Island**********

19. I'm gonna walk to 42 & 6th right now...!!!!

20. this thread is old af lol . .