Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in my basement.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by La Chimney, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Im with the hill guy, its his parents house. He should respect them enough not to smoke while in their house paying his rent, etc.

If everyone would make better decisions instead of dumbass ones like this while high, we would have it legalized. We are all on the same team here...

2. A smokebuddy is like a professionally made sploof and are like 20 dollars at my headshop, they work EXTREMELY WELL no smell or smoke come out the other end, but i use it outside so my neighbors dont catch a whiff ,stop being a tard and go outside

3. Your a fucking prick. Your kids are going to fucking despise you one day. You would throw your own kid on the street? Do them a favor and don't even have kids. Let them be born to someone, who isnt a cunt.

4. Call me what you will, but you sound like the kind of guy who gets walked all over by their kids. The guy of guy who's 12-year-old literally runs the household, does/says/gets whatever the hell they want.

Me? I demand respect. My house, my rules. Simple as that. Say what you want, but at the end of the day, I'm right and you're wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion at all. If my kid is smoking herb, fine. If I see his GPA start dropping and tell him he can't smoke anymore until his grades improve? That's the way it's going to be - and I'll do everything in my power to ensure so.

I'd never raise children like half of you people. You claim to respect your parents but you're throwing up your middle finger to them right under their noses. You don't know the meaning of respect.

And for those who say I'm a hypocrite for being judgmental and disrespectful - respect is something that is given until disrespect is earned. In this case, it's earned by the utmost disregard for the parents.

I NEVER smoked in my parents house. I NEVER kept my cannabis in the house. It was in my car, which they knew about and were okay with as their concern was my little sisters finding it, not me. If I wanted to smoke, I'd hop in my car and take a drive. They didn't care that I smoked, but they didn't want it in the house. I respected their decision - something you little punks need to learn how to do.

I'll argue this all day long.

5. I agree with highonthehill, you shouldn't smoke in your parents house if they're not ok with it. They feed and give you a place to live, the least you should is respect their rules.

6. And that right there is your problem. You cant run your house, like its North Korea and your a DICKtator. Respect goes both ways. My Dad was like you, and I haven't spoken to him for 3 years and neither have any of my other siblings.

I never smoked in the house, and I wouldn't want my kids smoking in the house, but I would never be a fucking prick about it, like you and I wouldn't be a hypocrite either. If I wont smoke in the house, neither will my children thats the way it should be.

A true leader would never ask the people he's leading to do something, he wouldn't do himself.

7. I'm not sure how the part you put in bold is my problem - whether or not you should smoke in your parents house when they don't allow it isn't a matter of opinion...

As for the rest of it, congratulations, you've put together the best argument yet. Only problem I see is that you're basing it on assumptions. You cannot possibly say that one runs a home like a "DICKtator" just because he refuses to let his child smoke an illegal drug in his household. You can listen to the kids arguments all you want and give them as much respect as deserved, but when you have a good reason to say "No," that's the end of the line, regardless of what they have to say.

There are thousands upon thousands of reasons for not allowing your child to smoke in your house, even if you do so yourself. I do believe in leading by example, but there are privileges that are lost as consequences to stupid decisions that young people often make. It's no different than taking a child's television set out of their bedroom if they're staying up all night watching TV/playing video games and not getting up for school in the morning.

You're right, a true leader would never ask the people he's leading to do something he wouldn't do himself. Just like I wouldn't let my cannabis smoking interfere with my job (school for the kid,) for example. It's a privilege that has to be earned, and when you screw that up, you lose that privilege. If my kid is being stupid about smoking cannabis - he's not allowed to do so. Just like if I catch my kid driving 75 mph down a residential street, they won't be driving again until they earn it back. And nothing he says will change my mind.

The only thing I'm being a prick about is kids blatant disregard for their parents wishes.

8. Dude fuck it. i remeber back when i use to smoke in my friends grandparents basement, and they had a pool table, good times.

9. They were ok with that?

10. We smoked when they were away.

11. That's disrespectful man. Why would you do that? How would you like it if your grandson and his friends were taking illegal substances in your house without your approval?

12. So what if its disrespecfull man, we are trying to get high and have a good time.

13. Would you like it if someone shot up drugs in your house because they're "trying to get high and have a good time"? I wish brats like you would get sent to boot camp so you can learn respect.

14. #54 bradasapraa, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    At the end of the day, if you're wrong, then you're wrong, regardless of whose house it is. Also, you don't know the meaning of respect. Just cause I smoke in the house, doesn't mean I'm showing any less respect for them, it just means I don't agree with their decision. Seriously though, go look up the definition of respect, it's so ironic, because youre the one that's been using it incorrectly. And how can you demand respect, like who the fuck are you to demand that your children respect you, I'm never going to make children admire me, if they don't admire what I do, it's because they don't like it, I can try and change that, but at the end of the day I'm gonna let them have THEIR opinion about my actions. Lol you can still smoke in your parents house while admiring them, I don't think you know the definition of respect, I'm serious, go look it up.

15. Whoa whoa whoa..This thread was about smoking in my own house by myself. Obviously going into a house that isn't and never was yours and smoking is disrespectful, and bringing a friend along without permission isn't an even bigger slap in the face.

16. I'll save you some time
    Respect: to admire(someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

How does smoking in your parents house lower the amount of admiration you havefor your parents abilities qualities or achievements?

17. My issue you with you here, is not about the issue of your kids smoking in your house but the fact that you wouldn't even hear your kids out. Being a "end of discussion" type parent never works out. Trust me, it may work in the short term, but years later, when you have a strained relationship with your kids, you'll find it may have not been the best type of parent to be.

I agree, out of respect for you, if you don't want your kids to smoke in your house, than they shouldn't but first for that to happen, they have to respect you. You can't "demand" respect, thats not how respect works. You have to earn it, and you dont earn it by being a hardass.

You have to be willing to negoiate on certain things with your kids that are within reason. Not necessarily, on the smoking in the house thing, but I'm speaking in general.

18. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.

I think they may be using it to more of this effect. Not smoking in the house would be respecting your parents' rules, and it would showing respect for your parents. As is, you are using the act of not smoking in the house as a symbol of the respect you have for what your parents do/don't do. If that makes sense. haha

As far as this parenting debate goes.. I think you have to find a balance between being reasoning and being stern. I mean, I was raised that if my parents say no to something that is the final answer. I am allowed to make a logical debate to it, but I'm not allowed to whine and complain and cry about it. I don't think I've ever been grounded more than like maybe once or twice in my life. That's because knowing my parents disapproved of something I did wrong was pretty much punishment enough. It's not like I was little miss goody two shoes or anything, but I hate disappointing my family.
    Now that I'm older my parents pretty much let me do whatever I want, with the knowledge that I have to suffer my own consequences. I think I'd raise my children the same way I was raised. And I hope my disapproval would have the same weight on them that my parents' has on me.
    I mean I do some things that I know my parents wouldn't like. But I am smart about it and I don't get myself into trouble, so I don't think they really care if I'm doing it or not. Haha

19. Lol damn this thread got serious...

20. #60 bradasapraa, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I realize that, but you don't have to follow their rules to admire them, do you? I don't really think respect is the right word highonthehills was looking for. For example, I think the speeding laws are a good idea, and I respect them, but I dont follow them, because they simply aren't always reasonable.