Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in House while Parents are Sleeping

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TSmooth, Aug 24, 2012.

1. #1 TSmooth, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    I've snuck out and smoked many a time while my parents are asleep, however I really want to try and do it inside.

First off let me say how my house is set up. My room is connected to a hallway. There is a bathroom right across this hallway which my Dad could use at any point throughout the night. My room has a window on the side opposite the hallway.

My plan is to put a towel under my door, and leave the window open and blow the smoke outside. My fathers room is just down the hallway so I'm not sure if I should turn a fan on just in case it might get a little too loud.

I have a dime and I plan to smoke it all tonight, however it doesn't have to be all at once. I would like to smoke a joint but that might smell a little too much so I'll probably just use my pipe.

So what I'm looking for is any tips on how I can increase my chances of not getting caught. Also, would smoking a joint be OK or not?

*EDIT*:

I totally don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, there is another bathroom between my brothers room and mine that is not connected to the hallway but is connected to two rooms that are connected to the hallway. It has a fan inside that is fairly quiet. Should I smoke there instead? I've heard that built in fans sometimes just spread the smoke throughout your house. Also there is no window in the room.

2. Why don't you just go outside? It'll probably reek up your whole house.

3. A joint would be a bad idea.
    Smoke your pipe by the window, and just blow the smoke out.
    Make sure that the breeze is not blowing into the house before you start toking.

4. Smoking a joint will really motherfuck you, dude. One change in the breeze and you'll get an entire cloud of exhale and the cherry smoke right back in down the hall way and your analed

5. Well I definately don't want to be analed so no joint, maybe I'll go outside for that. Do you guys think ill be OK with a pipe? I also will hold it out the window like the former poster said (sorry can't remember ID)

6. Fan in window, seal off as much of the open window as you can that isnt the fan, and keep your piece and lungs right in front of the fan at all times so the fan can pull out the stank. Used to do it all the time when I was younger. Oh and light a candle, it's pretty easy to forget that you need to keep everything near the fan once you light up. Goodluck!

7. Use a poof tube. Take an empty toilet paper role, a few dryer sheets, and some rubber bands. Place the dryer sheet over one of the ends and secure it with the rubber band.

Exhale in the open end.

8. I do this every night. i rip bong, dont even bother to blow it out the window. my parents room is literally like 12 feet from mine. never had a problem smell is gone in like 45 minutes

9. NO JOINTS. I dont give a fuck who tells you that you would be straight doing that. any rolling will not be discreet. You need a sploof, a bowl/piece/pipe/waterfall/grav, an open window or bathroom fan on, and optionally the shower on to get it all hot and steamy. Then you would be golden as long as you stay focused and do it right and use common sense. However, if you're able to go outside with less risk, I would because of obvious reasons. Smoking inside is more of a chore until you've got everything taken care of and put away. You wont feel like a secret agent guy when youre high, youll feel like a little paranoid shit. lol. Sorry if I rambled, I'm vaping inside ;) anyways, good luck my dude. Also, use Febreeze!

10. Put a fan in the window.
    Towel under the door.
    Use a pipe.
    Pack only as much as you can clear in one hit, no cherry.
    Exhale through a paper towel folded in half twice into the fan.
    Spray some kind of air freshener.

11. I totally don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, there is another bathroom between my brothers room and mine that is not connected to the hallway but is connected to two rooms that are connected to the hallway. It has a fan inside that is fairly quiet. Should I smoke there instead? I've heard that built in fans sometimes just spread the smoke throughout your house. Also there is no window in the room.

12. ONLY OPEN ONE WINDOW IN YOUR ROOM. Point fan out window. Towel under door. Pack a snap, and make sure you snap it. Hold the hit in for five seconds if you can, and stick your head out the window and exhale. If you don't snap it, cover the bowl with your palm before you stop exhaling to snuff out the cherry. Once you're done blazing, wait five minutes before opening up all your windows (the reason for waiting is to make sure all the smoke has dissipated outside, and won't just blow back inside). Pack up all your shit, point fan into middle of room, remove towel from door, and enjoy your high. Oh and pick a window that is not on the same side of the house as your parents bedroom.

13. For fucks sake, just go outside. :rolleyes:
    What's the difference? A brief walk?
    They, your parents, the people who pay for most of your existence, don't want you to smoke weed in their house obviously...it's their choice...
    My suggestion is not to do this pointless bullshit, and respect their ground rules.
    All these suggestions won't do you any good because you can't control other people and where they go.

All this bullshit because you don't want to just go outside?
    Suck it up, kid.

14. You might get fucking cornholed trying to pull this shit, dude

15. Just go outside. The smell is very hard to get rid of.

16. I actually used to just smoke joints out of my window, if you hold the joint outside far enough the smell should be minimal as long as the wind isnt blowing into your room, it's always good to use air freshener or incense just in case.

17. I live with my bf and his parents and grandpa, and smoke in the guest bathroom multiple times a day without getting caught. that bathrooms is only used by bf, me, and grandpa who's room is right across from ours. what I do is use a bong, turn the exhaust fan on, blow the smoke out the window, and use perfume/air fresheners. I've been doing it for 9 months and no one has said anything :bongin:

Don't smoke a joint inside. Just keep the weed and smoke away from your door and enjoy the high! Another tip that helps me is that if I'm forced to talk to my bf's parents when I'm stoned, it is a lot easier to act sober if I know my eyes aren't red and glassy. Confidence is key. So, invest in a good bottle of eye drops if you risk talking to your folks. I use rhoto's cooling ones, they work better than anything else!

18. LOL yeah, nobody will see that coming.
    You practically can't even mention incense without getting a few looks and/or comments about weed...

19. i grew up ruff..trife..i lived in a one bedroom house..literely a shack,,i started blazin while my mom was asleep & when she brought home random guys...help crush the stress..was jus maintainin..so yea ive smoked when my peeps whee asleep.