Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in car in legal states

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by taxiv3, Feb 5, 2018.

1. So me and my friends are going to take a trip to the west coast for a weed vacation. I know that it is still illegal to smoke in cars in legal states however we also want to drive around and smoke while sightseeing. The driver will never be smoking/high while we ride around. I know it is illegal however what are the repercussions if we happen to get caught? Is it just a fine or could we go to jail? I want to be responsible and only smoke indoors but the idea of riding around sightseeing while smoking sounds amazing. Also if we do this and get stopped can the cops take our stuff if we get vapes? Should we stick to joints and blunts? We will all be 21+

2. Be careful. If a "conservative" driver spies you smoking weed on the rtoad, they may drop a dime on you and report your vehicle locatio0n nand lisence. I think they treat DUI marijuana same as dui alcohol here in Cali. Be descreet. Duck down out of sight just for a few secs to take a toke. Keep the windows rolled up while smoking. When you are done, roll down windows. Good luck!

• Creative Creative x 2
  3. it's a misdemeanor in oregon
    Oregon Drugged Driving - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
    • First Offense class A misdemeanor – mandatory minimum of 48 hours in jail; not more than 1 year in jail; offender may be required to perform up to 160 hours of community service; minimum fine of $1000, but not to exceed $6,250; minimum 30 day license suspension. Id. § 813.010(4); Id. § 813.010 (6)(a).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Same rules as Alcohol in a vehicle will-should apply.
    In a hired limousine car or a Recreational Vehicle where the driver is physically separated from the partying passengers by a glass barrier or solid curtain then the passengers can partake of Alcohol and or Cannabis.
    Most regular passenger cars don't meet that qualification.
    Driver will be arrested for driving while intoxicated and the rest can all be charged with a range of charges from open container to public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance.
    It all depends on how big a dick the cop feel like being that day.
    Keep it locked in the trunk at all times and never toke in a car at all parked or moving. Just DON"T !!
    BNW

5. If I am not mistaken, here in Colorado it can still be prosecuted the same as having an open container. A cop or prosecutor could probably also argue a case of public consumption.

6. NO..Not in Nevada..It has been very cool here since rec went legal..Laws are clear..not in plain sight and in your own home..If enough people screw up..I bet the laws will change..Edibles are very popular with the tourists ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your right man

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just keep it chill and fuckin' low-key while you're cruising around, dig? It may be illegal, but if your driver's driving is up to par and legal, then your risk is slim to none if you're doing it right. Essentially at that point, you guys become the smallest of the small fish they don't have time or energy to fuck with in the grand scheme of things.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

9. Best thing to do if its y'all's car just tint the widows and keep em rolled up. Problem solved.

10. Oh..and when you get into a fender bender and the cop smells weed and pulls out a thc test kit..Let me know where to send the Christmas Cards while you are serving..and If any state changes its laws backwards..Ima sure your visitor's list will be long and distinguished..heaven forbid, the driver injures someone..Visitation rights in the death house are more limited..:bang:

11. Bunch of fools prob post the whole thing on social media as well. This the type a people that give weed smokers bad names. Can’t smoke just to smoke gotta let everyone know ya doin it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wanna smoke and sight see? Buy a weed tour package. There are several available in Portland, so I imagine these are all over the west coast. Like wine tours, it's a limo or party bus where you can do as you please as far as smoking goes, as they take you from location to location.