Smoking in a hotel

Discussion in 'General' started by DTChi, Sep 17, 2008.

1. My boys and I are going up to Vermont this winter for a snowboarding trip. We're going to bring about 2 ounces for 5 days. My question is this: Is there any risk driving it up there and bringing it in besides the risk of getting pulled over? It's probably about a 3 hour drive. We live in the USA so we don't have to worry about crossing a border of any of that shit. Second, what is the risk of smoking in the hotel room? I don't mean boxing it.. that's stupid, but can they have any cameras or anything in the rooms? Are we safe to light up and blow smoke in a spoof/out the window and let it fan out? And i assume they clean the rooms in the morning... is there any way to stop them from coming in so we don't accidentally leave anything out? or... is it safer for us to just go out and find a chill spot to light up?

2. first of all..i snowboard too..i love it to death..granite peak in wausau wisconsin..and im goin to the X games in january:).....but just get a smoking room and open the window ..and if u got a fan..tape a fabric freshner to it and have it blowing out the window or somethin..you dont have a risk in driving with it..cuz if your not totally dumb..the worst thing that will happen is u get pulled over for speeding..theres no cameras in hotel rooms so dont worry about that..you have no need to worry..just bring some candles or fan and you'll be set....Hope you have fun snowboarding..i love riding when im high..i feel like im better

3. haha, i always feel like i'm better high too :) we have plans for this trip to be epic, so im pretty fucking pumped. and thanks for the quick reply!

4. i smoke in hotels all the time! its really no big deal

5. hooray! :hello:

6. yeah me and my friends are ganna leave a week early before the X games and just shred it up in the rockies..its ganna be kick ass

7. that's so sick. i wish i lived out west. seems like we've had a dry winter up here 4 or 5 years in a row. it blows.

8. DTChi, where in VT are you boarding? I live in Mass. but I gotta condo up there and spend my winters riding at Stowe. And yeah, tokin' in a hotel room is fine, but it's safer during the night.

9. smoking in hotels is pretty easy. be sure to get a smoking room and cover up the smoke alarms with a towel or something.

10. Its easy get a smoking rooom, and smoke a couple ciggs, or have them just incase someone complains about the smell.

11. Wait, what is the point of having a smoke detector in a smoking room?

12. smoking room > cigs > fabreez = :hello:

13. We're going up to Okemo, I've been to Stowe though, I like it up there.

Also, I like the cig idea. One of my friends is an insane nicotine fiend, so we won't have a problem clearing out the pot smell :)

14. As far as being walked in on, put a Do Not Disturb sign on the outside handleuntil you guys are all ready.

Funny story though, me and my buddy were at a work retreat, staying at a hotel in canmore. We decided to smoke in the bathroom, gave it some time to clear, and headed out to check out the local headshops.

So We were leaving just as the maid was around, so we give her the go ahead to clean our room and we start walking away. We dont get very far before she comes out and asks us to move some stuff off the bed, so she can make it, because she cant legally touch any of our belongings.

No big deal, i go in and see what i left out. Oops, bag of weed, pipe, grinder, papers, the works. Stash it all somewhere real quick, and head out again, but not before getting a nice big smile from this maid, who was pretty cute I might add.

So the moral of the story is....hope your maid is chill.

15. keep it under wraps

bow it out the window

or just smoke outside

16. cameras in hotel rooms????LMAO

bro dont worry about that shit...me and some friends went to the beach and took some shrooms,,,we wanted to drive back to the city but we couldnt so we got a nice hotel on the beach and smoked that bitch out

17. Also reminds me of the hotel parties we used to have...

20+ people all either drunk as hell, K'd out, or Rollin balls, boxin the place in stogey and ciggarette smoke.

Best part was in the morning we didnt clear out before the maids came, so when they did there was just a file of people coming out in front of them. Hearing them count as as we came out was awesome.

18. we smoke in hotel rooms all the time. alot of times you cant open hotel windows so take some febreeze if you are worried. we never gave it a second thought.

19. Honestly man.. Box the bathroom.. Its so worth it.. I've done it over 50 times with buddies in hotels (sports tourneys) and never been slightly close to being caught.. just close the door with a towel under the door.. and turn on the shower.. after the sesh just turn on the fan and jump out of the bathroom quickly and close the door!

20. I've smoked in a hotel before. Actually, one of the dudes that worked at the hotel came in and had a couple hits. We used to get drunk at his house when we were kids.