Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in a dorm room

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mezmerized, Mar 25, 2009.

1. I need advice on something. I don't feel like going to smoke outside (its too windy to use a lighter) so I've decided on staying in my dorm room. I have a single, so I don't need to worry about a roommate, but what precautions should I take about the smell? I have a spoof, a towel under the door, and a window fan facing out. Anything else that I forgot?

2. #2 cease5, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    What are you smoking out of?
    If you're smoking a joint, it's probably going to smell a lot more than smoking out of something like a bong or pipe.
    If you have a bong, pack small bowls that you can cash in one hit and blow it out of your window.

Edit: Oh, and if there is a smell, leave your window open and have some sort of fan blowing near the window.

3. ya you forgot to use the search... there are only 5,000 threads about smoking inside and being stealth.

I would also recommend that you do not open your hall door while the window is open. If you have to leave the room, close the window first. Otherwise it creates a huge draft that will just push all of the smokey smell out into the hall.

4. vaporgenie

5. Definitely invest in a vaporizer. The smell is barely noticeable compared to regular smoke and it will conserve your weed and get you higher (depending on the type).

6. you can find anti-smell tips all over the place.

but, I got kicked out of my res when an RA saw some broken up herb on my desk. be very careful, and never let anyone get PROOF of the tokin

7. Honestly its not even worth it man. I dont know how strict your schools drug policy is but two of my close friends were expelled because of soming in the res. hall. I think walking outside and taking a stroll around the block might save you alot of problems. Good luck man and happy toking. :smoking:

8. dont use a blunt or joint, take a few precautions that'll aactually work

and you'll probably be cool

9. incense, air fresher, open windows, should be fine

that's what i do and i am fine

10. too windy to use a lighter? blasphemy, i could light a match on top of the sears tower, u just gotta have the know how

11. I'd still go outside, do you know money many threads a day there are of people getting caught smoking in there dorm

12. #12 Kyzer, Mar 25, 2009
  13. you will be fine with a sploof and some febreeze or ozium as long as you pack small bowls and cash them in one hit

trust me i do it all the time, just be careful

14. buy a vaporgenie, seriously i smoke out of this all the time in my room and no one notices, i've smoked so much out of it then had friends come over and you can't smell it at all, use a sploof*if you want* and blow out the window then use febreze, or you can have coffee grounds in a bag, put them by a fan and your room will smell like coffee, or make something in your microwave when your done and your room will smell like food, honestly if you keep your cool, do what your suppose to and don't make a scene you won't get in trouble.

My RA's know i smoke, and they don't care, just said don't do it in your room, but they don't know i have a vaporizer :D

15. My advice is don't do it. I was like you; to lazy to go outside but then i got caught.....i regretted not going outside and making that 15 minute walk...also don't think just because your ra doesnt care your good because my RA was the same way but it was actually the RA's from another hall down that smelled the weed lol...

but ya if you decide to do it make sure you take every precaution possible. don't get lazy/comfortable. because when i did thats when i got caught.

16. all those precautions and using a bowl/bong/vape is pretty much the best setup possible, but i would definitely not recommend it. I have had tons of friends that this ended poorly. Not to mention you dont need that paranoia while you're smoking. Just go outside and light your bowl inside your hoodie.

17. You seem to have taken a good amount of precautions.

Definitely don't use a blunt or joint. Use some type of piece so that its not burning when you aren't hitting it. Other than that, yeah towel under the door , take the hit blow it out the window through the sploof and you should be fine.

18. For your first time I would have a spotter in your room. They can tell you whether or not it smells. What I do is a have a box fan in the window facing outwards but also pillows on top of the fan blocking the rest of the window. The idea is to create a vacuum like environment. So the fan propells the air from outside the room through the cracks of the door to the window. That way you have nearly no chance of getting caught because all the airflow is headed out of the room. Also pack small bong loads that you can cache in one hit. I fire them right on the floor below my fan. I hold it for 3-6 seconds then exhale into the sploof directed at the fan. Then I wait about 2-5 minutes to take another one just so any leftover smell is gone. This is a pretty fail safe method. Make sure there isn't any other reason an RA would knock on your door. Noise etc. Also don't use the biggest phattiest bong you can find. I have a minibong that works perfectly. Once you're done put in those eye drops and walk to the bathroom to wash your hands and arms. Then grab your muchies and enjoy the ride :smoking:

19. sploof

/threaddddddddddddddddddd

20. #20 abnormldood, Mar 25, 2009
    I'd definately invest in a vape, bro. Better to be safe than sorry. Or you could be a cheapskate and make a lightbulb vape.(Not as effective, but it gets you high)